Statue

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you could pick one player that deserved a statue outside Lambeau field who would it be?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they would have to be someone from O and D back in the early days who helped the Pack get to the first SB.
Bart Starr
Ray Nitschke
From Wikki:
He was rumored to having been able to take the lugnuts off a car with his teeth.

(And then he ate them!)

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Style Zposted:"

"One player..? Curly Lambeau.. Oh wait. Yea, I wouldn't give a statue to anyone else. "

Green Bay Packer Co founder, General Manager, Head Coach and player ("back") Earl "Curly" Lambeau statue ,along with Statue of GM/HC Vince Lombardi are locate right in front of entrance to the Atrium in the Robert Harlan plaza. These two statues have both been there since renovation of L F was completed in 2003.
A Statue of Bart Starr is located in Bart Starr Plaza, in front of the Ruesch Center on Armed forces Drive just east of Lambeau Field just of of S.Oneida Street.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Style Zposted:"

"One player..? Curly Lambeau.. Oh wait. Yea, I wouldn't give a statue to anyone else. "

Green Bay Packer Co founder, General Manager, Head Coach and player ("back") Earl "Curly" Lambeau statue ,along with Statue of GM/HC Vince Lombardi are locate right in front of entrance to the Atrium in the Robert Harlan plaza. These two statues have both been there since renovation of L F was completed in 2003.
A Statue of Bart Starr is located in Bart Starr Plaza, in front of the Ruesch Center on Armed forces Drive just east of Lambeau Field just of of S.Oneida Street.

I realize there's already a Curly Lambeau statue there.. that's the point. :)

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew posted:"The main deck in front of the Curly and Vince statues is named after Ron Wolf...There is a stone that highlights his career as our GM... He also has his name up in the stands with all the other Packer HOF players... I think that is enought for a non-player>"

Source : Celebrate the new Lambeau Field- Souvenir rededication section in the Green Bay-Press-Gazette Sunday , August 24, 2003- page 12.

" The statues (Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi) will stand in the Robert E. Harlan Plaza. The park like area on the stadium's north side outside the Lambeau Field Atriuim is named for Packers President Bob Harlan

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Drew posted:"The main deck in front of the Curly and Vince statues is named after Ron Wolf...There is a stone that highlights his career as our GM... He also has his name up in the stands with all the other Packer HOF players... I think that is enought for a non-player>"

Source : Celebrate the new Lambeau Field- Souvenir rededication section in the Green Bay-Press-Gazette Sunday , August 24, 2003- page 12.

" The statues (Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi) will stand in the Robert E. Harlan Plaza. The park like area on the stadium's north side outside the Lambeau Field Atriuim is named for Packers President Bob Harlan

I am a ****** bag... Thanks for putting me in my place and on blast... I got them confused... Ron Wolf does have his name up in the stands though... I met Mr. Harlan back in 2008... what a gentleman! Sorry for the confusion Mr. Harlan! I have also edited my post... :D

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Drew,

I like that pic in your sig. I'd caption it. "Praying to the Football Gods at the Cathedral of Lambeau."

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like either every entrance should have a statue or two or we should have other statues in front of the atrium leading up to the big two. No reason why Starr, Hutson, White, and Nitschke shouldnt have statues. And thats at a minimum.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I feel like either every entrance should have a statue or two or we should have other statues in front of the atrium leading up to the big two. No reason why Starr, Hutson, White, and Nitschke shouldnt have statues. And thats at a minimum.

I totally agree... That would be nice walking up to the Bob Harlan plaza and seeing all the statues all lined up!!!

Members online

Latest posts