Special Teams

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a lot to like about today's win, but it was especially nice to see the special teams have a good day. The punts and kickoffs were consistently long, and only one long kick return was allowed. (Considering how many times the Packers kicked off, I can live with that.)

Koren Robinson looked good on his kickoff returns, and although Woodson has yet to break a long punt return in the regular season, he looks very fluid and confident back there. He's not dancing around, and he's making the most of whatever openings he gets. He's also been good about deciding whether to catch the ball and he has not called any unnecessary fair catches. For these little things we are thankful.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
There was a lot to like about today's win, but it was especially nice to see the special teams have a good day. The punts and kickoffs were consistently long, and only one long kick return was allowed. (Considering how many times the Packers kicked off, I can live with that.)

Koren Robinson looked good on his kickoff returns, and although Woodson has yet to break a long punt return in the regular season, he looks very fluid and confident back there. He's not dancing around, and he's making the most of whatever openings he gets. He's also been good about deciding whether to catch the ball and he has not called any unnecessary fair catches. For these little things we are thankful.

I have a good feeling Woodson will break one this year. :)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I really don't think we're going to miss Longwell(K), Sander(P), Chatman(PR) or Davenport(KR) at all.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mean you gotta give TT credit for this. Special teams was a sore spot for us. He got rid of the garbage, brought in a kicker and a punter who are both doing just fine and exceeding all expectations especially Ryan. hes looked outstanding. He brought in Krob who averaged over 30 yards a return. and all in all that whole area is takin care of its own.

Mike Stock could do a better job of breakin holes open however. It would be awesome to feel like you might be able to break one for a TD. but everytime out i just feel like we are going to get a 20 yard return. Id like to be able to put that fear into teams, that we can break one on occasion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Lare said:
I agree. I really don't think we're going to miss Longwell(K), Sander(P), Chatman(PR) or Davenport(KR) at all.

Agreed with the exception of longwell. I'm not sold on Rayner jus yet.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SPecial teams is the brightest spot to me this entire season. They have been terribile the last couple years in almost all catagories: punting!, kick returns, and last year bad FG kicking. Its great to see how Ryan can change field position for us. Helps out the D a lot!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Helps out the D a lot!

and they need the help!

hopefully the D comes around. Week 3 showed our players can improve, and our coaches DO adapt, so hopefully the D responds sooner than later! GO PACK! IM SO HAPPY I COULD ****! AND I THINK I DID! BRB

Members online

Latest posts