South Dakota Packer Fan

CaptnRobb82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My name is Robb. I was born in Milwaukee. My earliest memories of watching the Packers was when I was around 5 or 6 years old. I would sit in my grandpas lap in his giant recliner while he smoked a cigar and drank a beer during the games. Every time the Packers scored he would get up and run around the house letting everyone know.
Throughout my childhood, we moved quite a bit. In fact, when the Packers went to the Super Bowl back in 1997, my family was living in Arkansas. We wore our finest Packers apparel to church that day.
My lost childhood memory came when I lived in Rhinelander, WI. I was about 12 years old. Our youth group was planning a trip to Green Bay to watch a practice, visit the Hall of Fame, and attend a game. My brother and I were both going to go. We were both very excited about it. The night before we were supposed to leave, my brother and I got into a fight. My brother provoked me and I hit him. My parents then took away my privilege of going with our youth group and my brother still got to go. I was extremely upset. I am 29 years old now and have still never had another opportunity to go to Lambeau Field. Its the one thing I will always hold against my parents :) I really wanted to see Brett Favre play in person at least one time before he retired. Unfortunately, I had to attend a Vikings game to do so.
Recently, I had my first child with my wonderful wife. She is a beautiful little girl. I signed her up for season tickets in hopes that she may be able to pass on the Packers tradition in our family.
My favorite Packer player changes year to year. Growing up, it was always Brett Favre, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, or Mark Schumura. Last year it was Clay Matthews, and this year my favorite is Jordy Nelson.I am really hoping to get my hands on a share of the Packers this week. However, I am really worried that there wont be enough for everyone who wants one to get one.
I will probably be stressed for the next couple days until I actually get one.
Speaking of stress, nothing stresses me out more than watching a Packers game. I am very superstitious about it. I HAVE to be wearing my jersey at game time otherwise in my minds eye they will lose :) During the game I am nervous, even if we are winning, until the clock says 0.00!
Anyways, thats about it for my Packers experience. Thanks for letting me share :)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum CaptnRobb. I hope you get a chance to go to Lambeau; every Packer fan should go at least once.

OP
OP
CaptnRobb82

CaptnRobb82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you. I really hope so too. Tickets are just too expensive! Also, my wife has no appreciation for football, so I will never be able to justify spending a couple hundred dollars on tickets to her!! :)

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you. I really hope so too. Tickets are just too expensive! Also, my wife has no appreciation for football, so I will never be able to justify spending a couple hundred dollars on tickets to her!! :)

Welcome, bro. Great story!

And as far as your wife, she'll come around just wait and see. When my wife and I first got married she hated sports PERIOD. Now she wears her Packers shirt and cap on Sundays. How did I do it? Well it has been 7 yrs, but I started doing things that she like even though it wasn't my fav. thing to do. Example: Go watch chick flick and sound excited about it, take her out to dinner once in a while, took her to see a play, ice skating, etc. Don't just do things that she likes, but sound excited about it, tell her how much you LOVED that particular activity even though you were bored out of your mind. If you aren't sure what to do, ask her "Honey, what do YOU want to do this weekend? Just name it and we'll do it. You have put up with my football watching on Sundays, and I appreciate that. But let's do something YOU want to do."

P.S. after 7 yrs, some of her fav. things are growing on me. I'm starting to like Chick flicks and ice skating. (guess it goes both ways) :D

She'll be sporting Packers gear you guys will be heading up to Lambeau before you know it! :tup:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome!!! great story!!!

Its rough being a parent sometimes! I bet they didn't realize the depth of that punishment!
Send them the therapy bill! ;)

I can imagine your wife will come around... we all have stories of bringing our spouses over to the Pack,..(if they weren't already!)

D

Dan115

Welcome, bro. Great story!

And as far as your wife, she'll come around just wait and see. When my wife and I first got married she hated sports PERIOD. Now she wears her Packers shirt and cap on Sundays. How did I do it? Well it has been 7 yrs, but I started doing things that she like even though it wasn't my fav. thing to do. Example: Go watch chick flick and sound excited about it, take her out to dinner once in a while, took her to see a play, ice skating, etc. Don't just do things that she likes, but sound excited about it, tell her how much you LOVED that particular activity even though you were bored out of your mind. If you aren't sure what to do, ask her "Honey, what do YOU want to do this weekend? Just name it and we'll do it. You have put up with my football watching on Sundays, and I appreciate that. But let's do something YOU want to do."

P.S. after 7 yrs, some of her fav. things are growing on me. I'm starting to like Chick flicks and ice skating. (guess it goes both ways) :D

She'll be sporting Packers gear you guys will be heading up to Lambeau before you know it! :tup:

Does your wife read this forum? LOL

Members online

Latest posts