Sorry but I'm starting to agree....

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's almost as if they want to lose.
Rodgers goes down and instead of getting in a seasoned, winning QB go with an untested back up who has in comparison zero game time reps at making completions.
The Packers should not be the place for testing grounds for new key players when they still have a chance that early in the season.
May as well go ahead and put in Callahan now since they are obviously giving up on themselves which is pathetic and inexcusable.
Way to go to make sure that Rodgers only gets one ring in his career when he deservers more, Coach McMoron.

I agree. I think a seasoned veteran backup QB is essential when you have a Franchise QB like AR12. Packers lack other players that are "game changers" that can create plays themselves (i.e. Workhorse RB). The minute the Packers won it all after the 2010 season, it should've been SB or bust. They have held onto players well past the time to move on. Gave the wrong guys huge contracts, when they only played hard in their contract year (Perry?), emboldened the coaching staff to hire and fire based on popularity; possibly nepotism, and held onto money while real free agents would've sustained the window. Let's see how Hundley does against Pittsburgh under the bright lights on the road. If he folds? Give Callahan a try, send AR12 on a discount double check vacation, call Scott Pioli, check for Schneider, or upgrade the young Wolf; tell Thompson to "stare at the flowers" and get aggressive for 2018. Packers could've traded Hundley during the preseason, while his trade value was the highest it ever would be; which would've created other options. However, hindsight is always 20/20. The Packers need to makes some serious moves. This organization is steering towards trouble.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smh...

That makes no sense. Why he did it is irrelevant?!?!?!?

He KNEW the 49ers would cut him. He led the team to a friggin' Super Bowl-was out of favor with the organization-then played well thus proving them wrong by showing that he wasn't washed up. They still didn't want him/didn't trade him and he knew they would not keep him around so he sped up the process of moving on with his career. What's the difference between what he did and an accountant giving a company that he's at odds with two weeks notice and bouncing before they terminate him without a severance package?

If you don't like him, just be a man and say you don't like him. But don't say something stupid and expect it to be taken seriously...

Couldn't agree more. Keep it real. Keep it simple. Speak your mind...respectfully. If you don't agree with Kaep's decisions...just say it. You don't like him as a QB? Ok. However, everyone has a right to earn a living. If you're qualified for the job...you should get an opportunity to prove yourself.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jay Gruden, coach of Washington, has only as far as I know Arena League experience.
I see the AL as nothing but a really bad joke of a sport or rip off of real football.
I wonder how many more years they are going to give him and I suppose riding in on the coat tails of his bro. helps to.

Jon Gruden is playing with "house money". Left after winning it all. Sharing his knowledge and expertise with the world. He doesn't need to come back and coach. However, if an opening were to pop up, and he was offered the largest contract for a coach in league history; I think he would entertain it. His younger brother Jay, in my estimation, is an OC; that's all. Jay Gruden is not a leader of men. Contained to QB's, especially young ones, eager to please, his shtick would work. Washington should blow it all up, rebrand itself (keep the colors), get a Sean McVay (oops), target a QB in the upcoming draft (deep QB class) and move ahead. My two cents.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Keep it real. Keep it simple. Speak your mind...respectfully. If you don't agree with Kaep's decisions...just say it. You don't like him as a QB? Ok. However, everyone has a right to earn a living. If you're qualified for the job...you should get an opportunity to prove yourself.
He made his bed now he has to sleep in it. End of story.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think a seasoned veteran backup QB is essential when you have a Franchise QB like AR12. Packers lack other players that are "game changers" that can create plays themselves (i.e. Workhorse RB). The minute the Packers won it all after the 2010 season, it should've been SB or bust. They have held onto players well past the time to move on. Gave the wrong guys huge contracts, when they only played hard in their contract year (Perry?), emboldened the coaching staff to hire and fire based on popularity; possibly nepotism, and held onto money while real free agents would've sustained the window. Let's see how Hundley does against Pittsburgh under the bright lights on the road. If he folds? Give Callahan a try, send AR12 on a discount double check vacation, call Scott Pioli, check for Schneider, or upgrade the young Wolf; tell Thompson to "stare at the flowers" and get aggressive for 2018. Packers could've traded Hundley during the preseason, while his trade value was the highest it ever would be; which would've created other options. However, hindsight is always 20/20. The Packers need to makes some serious moves. This organization is steering towards trouble.
When Rodgers went out, EVERYONE, not just us Packers fans, could recognize that the Emperor is naked.

How could the Packers organization, the very place that is supposed to know themselves way, way, way, way better than any of us ever will, not have seen this?
Did they really and honestly never think that Rodgers would ever miss games again due to injury?
It never crosses my mind and it doesn't have to since I am just a fan.
But this is something they should have been thinking of 24/7 and have been much, much, much better prepared for. And not just with a better back up but with a better team overall.
You would think they would have learned from this the first time it happened but it just seems like they don't care. Gave up.
"Oh we got the golden quarter back with the million dollar arm. What else do we need? Nothing will ever go wrong again. And he alone will get us to the SB or at least keep the coaches job intact by making him look better than he is."
Our bragging rights at how awesome they are wear just a bit thinner every year they don't return to the SB.
The Pats have won 5 SBs in such a short amount of time.
8 more and they tie us.
And if things like this continue, they will catch up to us soon enough.
Bragging rights don't matter as long as you don't have something current to back them up.

Last edited:

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He made his bed now he has to sleep in it. End of story.

Wrong. He made a decision based on his personal beliefs and it appears that his former employer discriminated against him for it. Now they might have a serious legal issue on their hands. And the story is just beginning...

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Rodgers went out, EVERYONE, not just us Packers fans, could recognize that the Emperor is naked.

How could the Packers organization, the very place that is supposed to know themselves way, way, way, way better than any of us ever will, not have seen this?
Did they really and honestly never think that Rodgers would ever miss games again due to injury?
It never crosses my mind and it doesn't have to since I am just a fan.
But this is something they should have been thinking of 24/7 and have been much, much, much better prepared for. And not just with a better back up but with a better team overall.
You would think they would have learned from this the first time it happened but it just seems like they don't care. Gave up.
"Oh we got the golden quarter back with the million dollar arm. What else do we need? Nothing will ever go wrong again. And he alone will get us to the SB or at least keep the coaches job intact by making him look better than he is."
Our bragging rights at how awesome they are wear just a bit thinner every year they don't return to the SB.
The Pats have won 5 SBs in such a short amount of time.
8 more and they tie us.
And if things like this continue, they will catch up to us soon enough.
Bragging rights don't matter as long as you have something current to back them up.

I can agree to that. We're getting exposed as an organization. When Aaron was out a few years ago they could be given a pass. Not this time...

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A QB with SB experience would have given us a much better chance against the Steelers.
Yeah, we were in the game with them with this team but we should have been ahead.
Does McMoron want to win or not?
Because from where I'm sitting, all signs point to "Not."

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A QB with SB experience would have given us a much better chance against the Steelers.
Yeah, we were in the game with them with this team but we should have been ahead.
Does McMoron want to win or not?
Because from where I'm sitting, all signs point to "Not."

What are the signs, specifically, that suggest he doesn't want to win?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A seasoned back up can go either way though, just like a draft pick.

Could end up with a guy playing well like Case Keenum or the opposite in Mike Glennon.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In no order:
Conservative play calling.
Keeping Dom Capers out of a sense of loyalty.
Not bringing in a much better back up QB.
Not doing whatever a head coach can to build up a better team around his QB instead of being lazy and putting the whole team on the QB's back.

OK so maybe he wants to win.
If he does then why doesn't he make the changes that are needed to do so instead of sticking with the same old stuff that isn't winning?
I dunno zilch about football or how to run a team but to me it looks like there has to be something different done to help us win more games or the ones at crunch time to get us back to the SB.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In no order:
Conservative play calling.
Keeping Dom Capers out of a sense of loyalty.
Not bringing in a much better back up QB.
Not doing whatever a head coach can to build up a better team around his QB instead of being lazy and putting the whole team on the QB's back.

OK so maybe he wants to win.
If he does then why doesn't he make the changes that are needed to do so instead of sticking with the same old stuff that isn't winning?
I dunno zilch about football or how to run a team but to me it looks like there has to be something different done to help us win more games or the ones at crunch time to get us back to the SB.

I'd address each point individually, but that would be too much time to spend on this argument.

It's just a ridiculous notion to suggest that MM doesn't even want to win.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd address each point individually, but that would be too much time to spend on this argument.

It's just a ridiculous notion to suggest that MM doesn't even want to win.
Actions are louder than words and the Packers are doing a **** poor job of showing they want it more.
If they don't make the necessary changes in the off season for better chances at going to the SB to win it all, then I will be convinced that Bears and Vikings staff have infiltrated the Lambeau offices.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A seasoned back up can go either way though, just like a draft pick.

Could end up with a guy playing well like Case Keenum or the opposite in Mike Glennon.

I actually like Mike Glennon. He just has to be behind an O-Line that is set in their identity, which primarily should be pass protection. Glennon should never leave the pocket. Wouldn't surprise me if Elway went after him for the Broncos next year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes it's not worth it to address such narrow minded statements. I'm frustrated with certain aspects of this team too, but these all or nothing arguments are getting tiresome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts