Sorry but I'm starting to agree....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have gone after Kaep to give us a better chance than what we got now.
Or even Romo.
Heck, despite my name, I'll even take Favre.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a better chance at what? going out in the first round? a low pick in the draft? another year of Capers and TT? nope...not for me. 5-11 should be enough to get them out.
Better chance at winning games, the playoffs and a SB run.
That is what every unconditional fan of the Pack should want and they should keep on hoping for wins instead of looking forward to the same old stuff of which nothing will change.
Nothing.
We will still have TT and the same coaching staff.
Those guys aren't going to go anywhere or change any of their plans.
Oh, I would love to be wrong.
But they would have done something different by now.

I really have to question the loyalty of some fans who are already done with this season and spend their time looking forward to changes of which they have no control over and of which will not happen because the professionals see things that we don't.
I'm so thankful that none of them take the advice I see on here on what they should do because it would just be one big giant mess and they would be 0-16 with more than half those losses because of forfeit.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what every unconditional fan of the Pack should want and they should keep on hoping for wins instead of looking forward to the same old stuff of which nothing will change.
Nothing.

I really have to question the loyalty of some fans who are already done with this season and spend their time looking forward to changes of which they have no control over and of which will not happen because the professionals see things that we don't.
I'm so thankful that none of them take the advice I see on here on what they should do because it would just be one big giant mess and they would be 0-16 with more than half those losses because of forfeit.

Sort of like the blind loyalty of MM to an inferior product in Capers?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sort of like the blind loyalty of MM to an inferior product in Capers?
We all know nothing about football compared to those who work in any capacity for a pro team.
I think there could be other factors then what we as fans see and know.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing.

i'm AM an unconditional Packers fan but i don't want a hopeless short term goal to derail what must happen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just my way of showing my disgust after the Ravens loss today.

It may take time for Hundley to develop. Sometimes it does.
However this is not the time or place for it.
For a losing team that has nothing to lose?
Yeah, why not.
But for a team with a legacy and history that we are proud of that is still winning after a long drought of not and with two stellar QBs in a row, for some of us we are out of patience and this is just not the right year and team to develop an untested QB like this.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know nothing about football compared to those who work in any capacity for a pro team.
I think there could be other factors then what we as fans see and know.

Another of those subjective/personal opinions that have been popping up today. I disagree. I feel there are plenty of people on the outside of many jobs/professions that could do just as well as the incumbents, if they'd either chosen to pursue those avenues or been permitted to do so. Not so much with skill positions (brain surgery, concert pianist, athletes) but with thinking jobs, like management of professional sports.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should have gone after Kaep to give us a better chance than what we got now.
Or even Romo.
Heck, despite my name, I'll even take Favre.

I am not a fan of Romo, Kaep, but I would've like to have SEEN another acquisition and create competition for Hundley. This constant reassurance from MM for BH doesn't seem to be helping.

You always hear MM preaching competition in positions. Well, MM is stating there is not a competition for Hundley's job, it's his and his alone. I think that's the wrong approach.

As far as the development of Hundley, I don't think this dude will be a backup anywhere after this garbage season is over.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing.

Real fans realize that getting into the playoffs and getting curb stomped isn't worth it.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing.

What are we being optimistic for? We suck nobody is playing hard hundley is garbage to the tenth degree and every game we drop starters due to injury we are the softest team in the NFL we have so many players injured every year. I'm tired of a horrible defense every year. Rodgers should have 3 rings by now no question. McCarthy can't call plays to save his life we've known this for years. He's coached us out of the playoffs numerous times. Capers schemes don't work and he is up there crapping in his diapers. Thompson is inept and unchanging to a fault and his eye for talent outside of a few notables is horrid especially at the back up qb position and defense. You Damn right I gave up on this season it's too painful to watch they don't even try out there

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Real fans realize that getting into the playoffs and getting curb stomped isn't worth it.

There is no such thing as a real fan. There are just fans. Some fans want the Packers to win all the rest of their game and make the playoffs even if they lose in the first round and some want them to lose the rest of their games so TT and MM get fired. Neither side is right and neither side has fans that are more real than the other. Some of the worst fans are the ones who think they are more real than others.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The central reality here is it seems that TT has provided the team with a losing formula. Hundley compared to any other 2nd string qb in the NFL is starting to lose merit. Captain Bullhead MM HATES to be wrong, as does TT. The minute the offense shows life, then the Defense rolls over dead. This is a combination of poor evaluation, execution, and coaching together. It is clear now that this staff is playing a dog and pony show with 2 superstar qb's. If you put others in the same position, I am utterly convinced that the team would start winning even more than what it has the last 6 or so years. Mark Murphy is right in with the good ol boys club as well. If this organization literally cleaned house top to bottom, I feel there is a good chance the FUNK we have watched from all sides of the ball would improve, as long as 12 is here. Just sayin.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL There is no way in hell he could learn our offense in a short span. They would have had to completely retool the offense around his limited skillset. He's basically a more athletic Hundley and he got by on that for quite a while until teams figured him out. Not very smart. Poor accuracy. Poor reads on coverages. No thanks! Plus he's a punk.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL There is no way in hell he could learn our offense in a short span. They would have had to completely retool the offense around his limited skillset. He's basically a more athletic Hundley and he got by on that for quite a while until teams figured him out. Not very smart. Poor accuracy. Poor reads on coverages. No thanks! Plus he's a punk.

Calling Kaep a punk is a pretty messed up thing to say. Colin is a noble American citizen who cares enough about black people being killed at the hands of law enforcement to essentially forfeit his NFL career over the issue, among others.

Ask yourself, would YOU have the gall to be willing to risk your profession over what you believe is right?

At the very least, Kaep is no punk. What he has done takes courage. Now, if you think he's a punk because you don't find what he protested over a valiant cause, then that's on you. And I'd venture to think you're of the Trump crowd. But Kaep and punk definitely don't jive with me...

As far as on the field, this notion that NFL offenses are harder to grasp than foreign languages is getting ridiculous. Playbooks can be vast, but in reality most teams are likely running the same 20 plays multiple times a game-the only difference being some of those plays will be ran from different personnel/formation groupings. An example is the slot speed out that I see MM run at least 3 times EVERY GAME. Sometimes it's out of 11 personnel with the TE being the 3rd-most inside slot player catching the ball, and sometimes it's out of 11 personnel but with a trips formation twist so that one of the other wideouts get the ball. I'm pretty sure I've seen it ran out of 10 personnel and a 4 WR/1TE look as well.

The point is, any vet NFL QB has ran some variation of a myriad of plays that a coach would call/have in his playbook countless times in practice and game situations. The main difference is the verbiage. But if a guy is talented enough to execute a play called, or has the moxy to improvise and make something happen when/if the play doesn't work as designed, why would you not give him a chance to learn the language/communication nuances of your scheme for a week or two and then give him a condensed version of a game plan and run with it? Or maybe even TAILOR some things around what he's done well in the past?

Kaep could easily be doing for a bunch of offenses what Watson did for Houston before he got hurt. I am certain that Green Bay's offense could have worked with Colin had MM jockeyed for him to be signed immediately after the Vikings game. With 3 weeks to prepare he could have at least been better than what Brett was vs the Lions. Colin is being blackballed from the NFL for racial/socio-political reasons. There is too much evidence showing Colin's ability as a serviceable NFL QB to think otherwise. Green Bay is just another team that is wasting a season because they refused to give him a chance. The sad part is, even with sticking by BH it won't benefit us much unless he continues to stink it up and we get high draft order as a result for this spring.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling Kaep a punk is a pretty messed up thing to say. Colin is a noble American citizen who cares enough about black people being killed at the hands of law enforcement to essentially forfeit his NFL career over the issue, among others.

Ask yourself, would YOU have the gall to be willing to risk your profession over what you believe is right?

At the very least, Kaep is no punk. What he has done takes courage. Now, if you think he's a punk because you don't find what he protested over a valiant cause, then that's on you. And I'd venture to think you're of the Trump crowd. But Kaep and punk definitely don't jive with me...

It is NOT courageous to disrespect the ACTUAL courageous veterans that we honor during the anthem. It's despicable. And I'm pretty sure if he knew ahead of time that he would essentially be forfeiting his career he never would have done it. And the biggest reason he isn't on a team is because his limited ability as a QB is not nearly enough to mitigate his sideshow antics. Even SF doesn't want him, and they eat up the kind of crap he pulls. Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is NOT courageous to disrespect the ACTUAL courageous veterans that we honor during the anthem. It's despicable. And I'm pretty sure if he knew ahead of time that he would essentially be forfeiting his career he never would have done it. And the biggest reason he isn't on a team is because his limited ability as a QB is not nearly enough to mitigate his sideshow antics. Even SF doesn't want him, and they eat up the kind of crap he pulls. Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

Another one of the "disrespecting the veterans" deflectors. Typical. U think I give a rat's *** about your ignore list? LoL....

The bottom line is, Kaep-just like every American-has the right to not stand for an anthem that celebrates the death of black people fighting to not be slaves. And he could have possibly helped the Packers fight to not have a losing season. But that point is moot...

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammm another fine thread being hijacked by politics. Take it to the Asylum or another forum as if it continues here, your posting privileges will be ended.

1) I would have preferred to send this as a private message, but am not on here enough to even know how to do that.

2) I did not hijack a fine thread. A poster called a man a punk, I took offense to it and explained why I found it offensive, and then continued to give my opinion on the thread subject.

3) If what I said is a problem, please let me know, because I will gladly delete my account and not post here any longer if that is the case. I don't want to be somewhere I'm not wanted, especially a fan thread which doesn't put any money in my pocket/food in my stomach.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1) I would have preferred to send this as a private message, but am not on here enough to even know how to do that.

2) I did not hijack a fine thread. A poster called a man a punk, I took offense to it and explained why I found it offensive, and then continued to give my opinion on the thread subject.

3) If what I said is a problem, please let me know, because I will gladly delete my account and not post here any longer if that is the case. I don't want to be somewhere I'm not wanted, especially a fan thread which doesn't put any money in my pocket/food in my stomach.
For #1) From a PC, click on my name. A box pops up with a "start a conversation" option. ETA, my phone does it the same way.
For #2 & 3) For certain subjects we have a short leash. This happens to be one of them. We have a perfectly fine subforum designed for this with a much larger and more relaxed play area. It is accessible only after you sign up for it. My suggestion was to continue it there not here. Highlight your name the same way as changing avatars or signature. The User group option is also there. Select it and then select the group you want. Board becomes available to you.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another of those subjective/personal opinions that have been popping up today. I disagree. I feel there are plenty of people on the outside of many jobs/professions that could do just as well as the incumbents, if they'd either chosen to pursue those avenues or been permitted to do so. Not so much with skill positions (brain surgery, concert pianist, athletes) but with thinking jobs, like management of professional sports.
Did every single head coach or even every coach in football play it at some point in his life on a pro and/or college level?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a real fan. There are just fans. Some fans want the Packers to win all the rest of their game and make the playoffs even if they lose in the first round and some want them to lose the rest of their games so TT and MM get fired. Neither side is right and neither side has fans that are more real than the other. Some of the worst fans are the ones who think they are more real than others.
Some fans are just a lot more negative than others or sometimes fans have positive and negative attitudes towards the team here and there.

I think it is fair to question the loyalty of those negative fans who want the team to lose only to be proven wrong yet again that changes will come about when they don't.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts