Something seems pretty special about Dujuan Harris..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Harris. To me, he is a PROTOTYPE, perfect sized back in today's NFL.
He's 5'8.
He's low to the ground, strong, and quick. He doesn't go down easy, and it's harder for the tacklers to get him down by the knees because they're so low to the ground, they almost have to dive.... and if they dive, and miss, he's past them.

I truly, seriously, feel he could be as good as Ray Rice for us. If we wanted him to be.... even with our current OL.
But the thing is, A) our offense is better than the Ravens because B) Rodgers is the best weapon in the NFL. You can't feature a RB 25 times a game. Plus few can last 25 carries a game anyway. But Harris is a stud and I feel like he has the ability to develop into a Priest Holmes, Arian Foster undrafted stud RB for us. It would be in our team's best interest to start to have a little more success running because it will mean fewer hits on Rodgers.

Fewer hits means longer until Rodgers gets hurt, and it also means the DE's can't just keep pinning their ears back every time to go after #12. If they're on their toes more, it makes it a little easier for our OL to protect Rodgers.

Imagine Rodgers getting 4.5 seconds to pass vs 3.5 seconds to pass.

So I want to see DuJuan Harris a lot Saturday night... feed him 16 carries, he'll break a 40+yard TD, end up with 110 yards. Also, dump a pass or two off to him like we were starting to do to Benson before his foot cracked in Indy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it wrong
He's 5'8.
He's low to the ground, strong, and quick. He doesn't go down easy, and it's harder for the tacklers to get him down by the knees because they're so low to the ground, they almost have to dive.... and if they dive, and miss, he's past them.

I truly, seriously, feel he could be as good as Ray Rice for us. If we wanted him to be.... even with our current OL.
But the thing is, A) our offense is better than the Ravens because B) Rodgers is the best weapon in the NFL. You can't feature a RB 25 times a game. Plus few can last 25 carries a game anyway. But Harris is a stud and I feel like he has the ability to develop into a Priest Holmes, Arian Foster undrafted stud RB for us. It would be in our team's best interest to start to have a little more success running because it will mean fewer hits on Rodgers.

Fewer hits means longer until Rodgers gets hurt, and it also means the DE's can't just keep pinning their ears back every time to go after #12. If they're on their toes more, it makes it a little easier for our OL to protect Rodgers.

So I want to see DuJuan Harris a lot Saturday night... feed him 16 carries, he'll break a 40+yard TD, end up with 110 yards. Also, dump a pass or two off to him like we were starting to do to Benson before his foot cracked in Indy.

Is it completely inappropriate to say that this post gave me a full smile and a half-chub? It is? OK, then I won't say it.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris is often just a block or a broken tackle away from a HUGE gainer. With his speed, if he can get around the edge he will wreak havoc on some Vikings.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 5'8.

Love this kid man.. he has something special written all over him. He just needs a little more time with the playbook and blitz pickup to know what we really have. I don't know if he will be like a ray rice or sproles, but he just might be his own special back. I would really like to see him get some screens out in the open. I have my fingers crossed right now!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You combine this kid with a bigger bruising back we will have ourselves quite the running game. Every time I see him behind Rodgers I get excited!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He's 5'8.

Nope, to be prototypical Fox needs 3 inches and about 15 lbs. That being said he's a prototypical COP/backup. Our own Danny Woodhead, Danny Dreadhead if you will

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was about to blow up your whole theory by pointing out how much thicker Harris is than Woodhead. Informed NFL fan that I am, I googled them both to make sure. Woodhead - 200 lbs. Harris - 208 lbs.

So I pumped the breaks a bit. But seriously, Harris is 8 pounds heavier than Woodhead?...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I was about to blow up your whole theory by pointing out how much thicker Harris is than Woodhead. Informed NFL fan that I am, I googled them both to make sure. Woodhead - 200 lbs. Harris - 208 lbs.

So I pumped the breaks a bit. But seriously, Harris is 8 pounds heavier than Woodhead?...
Packers.com has Fox listed at 203

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To fit the "prototype" for NFL backs he does, but we've all seen that you don't have to fit the prototype to succeed.

So 6'0" and 223 lbs. is the prototype? Or is stereotype more appropriate here? I personally don't think there's any such thing as a prototype concerning height and weight at a position. What about weight distribution? What about body fat %?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So 6'0" and 223 lbs. is the prototype? Or is stereotype more appropriate here? I personally don't think there's any such thing as a prototype concerning height and weight at a position. What about weight distribution? What about body fat %?
For a starting NFL back? Yeah pretty much. Stereotype is applicable. You can deny the prototype, but that doesn't erase its existence. If it makes you any feel better you can think of it more as a prejudice.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For a starting NFL back? Yeah pretty much. Stereotype is applicable. You can deny the prototype, but that doesn't erase its existence. If it makes you any feel better you can think of it more as a prejudice.

There is no prototype. A prototype, by definition, is an early test model or sample to test a concept. It's a misnomer. A personal prejudice would be more applicable. You want your RBs to be 6' 223 lbs. for some reason. Okay. A whole lot of great RBs don't fit that mold, while at the same time a lot of RBs that did fit that mold flopped. So IMO, height and weight take a back seat to production. Just because Harris doesn't fit the mold, doesn't mean he can't be the starter. He doesn't have to be relegated to backup duty simply because he's only 5'9" 208.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
There is no prototype. A prototype, by definition, is an early test model or sample to test a concept. It's a misnomer. A personal prejudice would be more applicable. You want your RBs to be 6' 223 lbs. for some reason. Okay. A whole lot of great RBs don't fit that mold, while at the same time a lot of RBs that did fit that mold flopped. So IMO, height and weight take a back seat to production. Just because Harris doesn't fit the mold, doesn't mean he can't be the starter. He doesn't have to be relegated to backup duty simply because he's only 5'9" 208.
Its a league wide prejudice, not mine. Look at all of the starting backs in the league, most of them are close to that profile. I actually like my backs 5'10 215, and Harris is close enough.
To fit the "prototype" for NFL backs he does, but we've all seen that you don't have to fit the prototype to succeed.
As you can see I already admitted success is not limited to a mold. Makes me wonder if you're not just looking for a fight. A lot of your posts have made me feel that way lately.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you don’t like “prototype” or “prototypical”, how about “ideal size” instead? IMO that’s the common usage of those terms in this context anyway. The Packers are about to face one of the best RBs in NFL history so I would look to his physical attributes as a starting point regarding ideal size and speed. But I don’t care about ideal size, I care about production and reliability at RB and so far in the infancy of his Packers’ career, Harris fills the bill. I noticed he did a great job on one blitz pickup and there may have been another I missed. If he can do that, catch the ball out of the backfield, secure the football, be assignment sure, and continue to run the ball as he has he’s more than good enough IMO.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like my backs 5'10 215, and Harris is close enough.
That's my ideal too, although a little shorter is fine.
Emmitt & Barry were both short guys, took fewer shots into the knees. Lasted longer.
I like Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Maurice Jones Drew, same thing... they've been a lot healthier than our larger 220+lb guy Starks.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a league wide prejudice, not mine. Look at all of the starting backs in the league, most of them are close to that profile. I actually like my backs 5'10 215, and Harris is close enough.

As you can see I already admitted success is not limited to a mold.

Then the "mold" is bogus.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Then the "mold" is bogus.
People look for success inside the mold, success occurring outside the mold does not eliminate the molds existence, especially when there is evidence to suggest you find success more consistently within the mold. You can deny the existence of the mold, but that does not change the reality that the mold exists. It just means you're in denial. Fox is a break from normal, and a glorious one at that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts