some positive news for pack fans

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, so the steeler defense is very very good, although they did lose against the only 2 elite qbs they played this year (sorry I don't see Matt Ryan as elite, I've never seen him win without the help of a steady running game). Anyways... Tom Brady and Drew Brees, both played the steelers when they had big ben and when they had Polomalu. They each won by 2 scores against the steelers in fact. And the Saints had no real essence of a running game even though they ran 18 times (only gained 32 yds). Drew Brees torched em for 305 yards though. The only difference between us and the saints and pats are our o line is below average and they both have top 10 lines. That being said, in a dome I feel Rodgers will mask some of our o line woes. The way he dominated the falcons by making defenders miss, I'm feeling pretty okay about our chances. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization and I feel they are the team of the late 2000s. So in order to be the best you gotta beat the best, hopefully for us this is the passing of the guard

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They struggled last season as well against good qbs. Doesnt mean they arent an extremely tough team by any means though. Lebeau is a genius

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate the steel curtain. They call it that for a reason. However, I have more faith in the Packers D stopping Big Ben than the Steelers D stopping Aaron. I think after the last half of the Bears game, Aaron and the GB offense is going to come out guns blazing and shoot em up with both barrels. I'd like to see them run through a titanium wall as if it were a mere Steel Curtain.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only positive news we got from the 2018 season is that if you wake up, you are still alive!

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
them's the rules. wouldn't want to start a new thread about positive news if there was already one out there. ;)

Haha touché. I’ve seen so many people post threads on multiple sites and get replies like “don’t you know how to use the search function” or “there’s already a thread for this”.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Haha touché. I’ve seen so many people post threads on multiple sites and get replies like “don’t you know how to use the search function” or “there’s already a thread for this”.

And we do it for a reason. Have a great day :tup:

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reasonable possibility that we lose all but one of our last 4 games now... Falcons who suck as bad as we do will probably outscore us... Chicago will beat us in Chicago. We might not beat the Jets or Lions either. 4-11-1 looks pretty good to shove MM and others out the door. We have lost 6 of the 8 non-winning games by less than 8 points. So getting a new coaching staff, getting rid of some of the bad contracts and old players, putting in a good effort to correctly getting the right FA's, and another good draft... we should be back in the game quickly.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a reasonable possibility that we lose all but one of our last 4 games now... Falcons who suck as bad as we do will probably outscore us... Chicago will beat us in Chicago. We might not beat the Jets or Lions either. 4-11-1 looks pretty good to shove MM and others out the door. We have lost 6 of the 8 non-winning games by less than 8 points. So getting a new coaching staff, getting rid of some of the bad contracts and old players, putting in a good effort to correctly getting the right FA's, and another good draft... we should be back in the game quickly.
Thatta boy. The old Gory Days optimism is coming back.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am usually optimistic, but right now if we aren't going to the playoffs. We are much better off in the future if we go 5-10-1 instead of 8-7-1. 3 picks in the top 40 could benefit this team across those missing pieces. We need another WR to help Adams out, we need OL x3 help desperately, we need an edge rusher x2 (Free Agency and Drafting), we need safeties (Free Agency and Draft)... and that is all in the first 4 rounds.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for 2018 i hear ya, but for 2019 you've got to consider 3 of the first 50 picks a positive? for a team, in as terrible a situation as the Packers are in, i sure do.
No doubt having 3 picks in the first 50 is good. And let’s face it, we don’t have much to look forward to this season. To add to that, the draft is supposed to be heavy with edge rushers, a clear need for GB. I’d be fine if they spent the first 3 picks shoring up that position, as well as the right side of the O line. Safety is the other big area of need. And assuming there is a fair amount of cap space if CMIII, Cobb, and Perry are gone (and they aren’t producing anyway), Gluten can find some help in FA as well. I’m encouraged by the way the team played against the Rams, the Vikings, and even the Pats. I have no clue why they lost to AZ though, or why they seem to always play down to the level of lesser teams.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am usually optimistic, but right now if we aren't going to the playoffs. We are much better off in the future if we go 5-10-1 instead of 8-7-1. 3 picks in the top 40 could benefit this team across those missing pieces. We need another WR to help Adams out, we need OL x3 help desperately, we need an edge rusher x2 (Free Agency and Drafting), we need safeties (Free Agency and Draft)... and that is all in the first 4 rounds.
Very good description of the state of affairs, present and future, in GB. I want the team to play these next four games with everything they’ve got. But hey, if they continue as they have, they could lose 2 or 3 of the remaining 4 games. So while I never like a loss, the positive is a higher draft pick. And let’s face it, this team won’t be in the playoffs this year, MM is gone and there are tough decisions ahead. I do have faith in Gluten. If Murphy lets him do his job, 2019 could be a very good season. But man there will be a whole lot of change before next season’s kickoff. Well, ya gotta hope.......

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is Tony Mandarich doing these days? Wait, he was #2. AJ Hawk was #5 wasn't he?
Thanks for mentioning Tony Mandarich. OMG what a disaster. I thought he was the #1 overall pick, but my memory isn’t so great. Either way, he was the first or second player selected. In those days rookie contracts were very negotiable and I recall he held out and threatened to join pro-wrestling. That probably would have been for the best. That guy was totally juiced up on steroids in college, and when he lost that, he lost his strength and quickly became a failure.

Hawk was a #5 pick, I’m pretty sure. He played maybe a few good years but was nothing more than “a guy”.

I guess one way to forget the pain of the present is to reflect on the pain of the past. Anyway, thanks for the diversion!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thatta boy. The old Gory Days optimism is coming back.
LOL at “Gory Days” (with all respect to Bruce Springsteen). Many of the losses this year were close and against good teams. Seems this team plays up, or down, to the level of the competition. The most important stat of course is # of wins. No moral victories. Hopefully the next coaching staff can help remind players that the game lasts 60 minutes. One thing I didn’t like about MM, and this is just my opinion, is that he played not to lose too often, with the NFCCG against the Hags in 2014 being the best example.

Let’s hope 2019 is a return to Glory Days.

Members online

Latest posts