1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

some positive news for pack fans

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerfury, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Hey guys, so the steeler defense is very very good, although they did lose against the only 2 elite qbs they played this year (sorry I don't see Matt Ryan as elite, I've never seen him win without the help of a steady running game). Anyways... Tom Brady and Drew Brees, both played the steelers when they had big ben and when they had Polomalu. They each won by 2 scores against the steelers in fact. And the Saints had no real essence of a running game even though they ran 18 times (only gained 32 yds). Drew Brees torched em for 305 yards though. The only difference between us and the saints and pats are our o line is below average and they both have top 10 lines. That being said, in a dome I feel Rodgers will mask some of our o line woes. The way he dominated the falcons by making defenders miss, I'm feeling pretty okay about our chances. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization and I feel they are the team of the late 2000s. So in order to be the best you gotta beat the best, hopefully for us this is the passing of the guard

2. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    phew that makes me so relieved. i feel much better knowing packerfury has told me this.

3. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    lol good you should

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    They struggled last season as well against good qbs. Doesnt mean they arent an extremely tough team by any means though. Lebeau is a genius

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I wouldn't underestimate the steel curtain. They call it that for a reason. However, I have more faith in the Packers D stopping Big Ben than the Steelers D stopping Aaron. I think after the last half of the Bears game, Aaron and the GB offense is going to come out guns blazing and shoot em up with both barrels. I'd like to see them run through a titanium wall as if it were a mere Steel Curtain.