Some GOOD things...and some BAD things..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(I am basing this on stats and the packerforum.com play by play, I did not see the game)

- AJ Hawk seemed more active and comfortable.
- Kampman is a monster!
- David Martin at fullback might not be too bad(as far as catching. He had some drops, but some key catches late in the game).
- The O-line sounds better but not near where we want it.
- The run defense continues to do well. Through preseason to week 2, the run D is nasty!
- We had some very good pass rush for the most part. We got to brees early, and that's good.
- Jennings had a better game, and got his first TD(in his 2nd career reception)!

- Our pass defense still sucks. Woodson was a little improved, but not much. This is the biggest weakness on the team, despite what the o-line haters say.
- We can't turn it over. We aren't that good to turn it over multiple times. A Favre int in the red zone, and an Ahman fumble...won't win you games.
- Ahmad Carroll(You know this was coming) . . . . First he gets confused on defense, and it costs us a timeout in the 2nd half, which would come back to haunt us. He also had a penalty on defense. the next play(or maybe the one after) was a Saints touchdown.
- Chad Clifton ...isn't very good. Everyone wants to rip on the guards, cuz its popular to say, but Clifton seems to be making just as many, if not more, mistakes. What up wit dat?
- Poppinga? Why does he suck? Why is he in? Put Taylor out there!
- Manuel? Why does he suck? Why is he in? Put Culver out there!

We lost. It sucks. There was improvement in some key areas, but obviously not enough for a win. Hopefully things continue to get better, and we don't allow teams to throw on us all day, and we win some of these games!

Feel free to add to the list.

(I am basing this on stats and the packerforum.com play by play, I did not see the game)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings improvement and touchdown was bad?

Kampmans destruction was bad?

etc,etc

cmon now...add to the list or please don't post anything.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

etc,etc

Two things that stood out to me. Favre even when behind DIDN'T FORCE THE BALL. Yes I know the driver play were he stopped an int, but Favre was hit by his own guy while throwing that pass. Favre took what the D gave him on the second to last drive and we got a TD out of it. Hawk looked much better today. That second down play on the sideline where he was 1 on 1 with Bush was great. We needed that play bigtime and he came through.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are not that good of a team canadian packer... we cant win every game and we cant go to the playoffs ever year... right now we have a lot of young players and first time starters.... to say nothing good was seen is stupid.

The o-line is a little shaky but its made up of two rookies and a first time starter, a pro bowler and clifton that needs to be replaced. the fact that they are holding their own and having burst of decency this quick is a good thing. we want that to work.... if that works we work and the fact that its doing decent already is a good sign.

The pass D blows... we fix that and we will be in more games, im not saying playoffs im just saying we can stay in the game if we step up that area.

it sounded to me like carroll played decent up until the last few breakdowns he had.

overall better than next week and thats what we are looking for right now. with this youth... gettin better each week is all we can ask. So onto next week where we want more improvement and a win

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

- Kampman is a monster!
- David Martin at fullback might not be too bad(as far as catching. He had some drops, but some key catches late in the game).
- The run defense continues to do well. Through preseason to week 2, the run D is nasty!
- We had some very good pass rush for the most part. We got to brees early, and that's good.
- Jennings had a better game, and got his first TD(in his 2nd career reception)!

- Our pass defense still sucks. Woodson was a little improved, but not much. This is the biggest weakness on the team, despite what the o-line haters say.
- We can't turn it over. We aren't that good to turn it over multiple times. A Favre int in the red zone, and an Ahman fumble...won't win you games.
- Ahmad Carroll(You know this was coming) . . . . First he gets confused on defense, and it costs us a timeout in the 2nd half, which would come back to haunt us. He also had a penalty on defense. the next play(or maybe the one after) was a Saints touchdown.
- Chad Clifton ...isn't very good. Everyone wants to rip on the guards, cuz its popular to say, but Clifton seems to be making just as many, if not more, mistakes. What up wit dat?

We lost. It sucks. There was improvement in some key areas, but obviously not enough for a win. Hopefully things continue to get better, and we don't allow teams to throw on us all day, and we win some of these games!

Where is Driver Thom? Driver's definitely the offensive highlight. He looked spectacular. If everyone played as hard as Driver and Kampman, we'd be winning some games.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah clifton looks done man... i hate that but its not looking good.
colledge/spitz/wells(who had an awesome game)/moll/tauscher ... that could be the starting line up next week if spitz is good to go

and yeah manuel needs to be off the feild... culver looked way better at safety. i think poppinga is gonna be good... he did some things but then again hes too much of a liability right now... but the coaches obviously think hes the best way to go, id like to see Taylor here.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good---- The Packers only gave up 48 rushing yards.

Bad------ The Packers can't run the football.

Bad------ The Pass defense and Poppinga in coverage.

Good---- Donald Driver and Brett Favre, they are all we have on offense.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Good :

- AJ Hawk seemed more active and comfortable. ( very true trom )
- Kampman looked fantastic again !!!
- Driver - 8 receptions for 153 yards - Amazing as always !!!
- Brett - 31 / 55 for 340 yards and 3 TD's - Who says he is too old again ?

The Bad :

- 34 points given up by the D ? - Are we getting worse here - AWFUL
- Dropped passes - Too many
- We could not keep the momentum with a 13 point lead

That's all I can think of for now !!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The dropped passes drove me crazy. Green, Bubba, and Ferg primarily.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question?

Anyone else think Driver is THE best player on this team right now. It's just my opinion but I think Driver is a legit #1 on a lot of teams in the NFL and continues to prove so week in and week out when he's constantly double covered. Green, Favre, Kampman, and Barnett are all great but it seems that this team moves the ball on offense only when Driver is involved.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Question?

Anyone else think Driver is THE best player on this team right now. It's just my opinion but I think Driver is a legit #1 on a lot of teams in the NFL and continues to prove so week in and week out when he's constantly double covered. Green, Favre, Kampman, and Barnett are all great but it seems that this team moves the ball on offense only when Driver is involved.

I was kind of hoping to see K-rob at reciever. I know I know he just got here, but we desperately needed another playmaker out there. Driver is without a doubt carrying the load right now possibly better than any other reciever in the league.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Question?

I can see why you ask that porky,

DD plays with skill, heart and guts every game. Some of the catches he makes are simply amazing. If we did not have him ( heaven forbid ) we would be in so much trouble out there. Did I mention he is a class act ?

You see the way he smiled today after he got body slammed ? He has said Brett taught him to never let the other team see that you are hurt and he sure doesn't.

I will go as far as saying that "right now" I really see both DD and Brett as the leaders on the field for this team !!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no question that Driver is the best player on offense.
I hate to think how bad things would be without him.

Somebody mentioned great and Green in the same sentence, sorry I just don't see it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
There is no question that Driver is the best player on offense.
I hate to think how bad things would be without him.

Somebody mentioned great and Green in the same sentence, sorry I just don't see it.

After today I agree with you about Green.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

- Kampman is a monster!

I didnt see the game neither. I was coming home after being out of town, but I heard in on the radio. Made up my own pictures like our elders did before television.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

etc,etc

I agree, this game was NOT all bad, I saw some great things, to bad we lost but we did have a good chance to win this one...Kampman was awesome and so was Jennings touchdown..so for those of you that say they totally suck, I disagree...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the game at a bar, while watching the Bear game.

Good: Brett looked good on most passes. It seems like he becomes inaccurate at times, but still looked good. The INT at the goal line was NOT his fault. He was hit as he threw it - good defense.

Good: Driver and Jennings.

Good: Run defense. I can't point out one good specific thing on the run defense, but as a unit they looked good.

Bad: Pass defense. Do they need to blitz more? Seems like Hawk is getting to the qb, but just a fraction to late. Woodson made one nice play on third down. Saints had 2 or 3 super easy drops on other third downs which would have made it even worse.

Bad: Coaching. I know that they want to 'establish the run', but enough. What happened to the full blown GB screen that I used to hate in the late 90's?

Bad: GB fans at the bar cheering for Carolina to give the Vikings fans a hard time, after Greens fumble to lock up the game. I guess that misery wants company.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what did you expect the fans to do cheer for the vikings???

we root against the vikings and the bears in case you didnt know. its a rivalry thing... started back in the day, its been going on for years. i guess you missed it. anyway nevermind. Go bears, vikings and good sportsmanship

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
what did you expect the fans to do cheer for the vikings???

we root against the vikings and the bears in case you didnt know. its a rivalry thing... started back in the day, its been going on for years. i guess you missed it. anyway nevermind. Go bears, vikings and good sportsmanship

Yes, maybe it is good for the rivalry. But I thought it was funny when the GB fans started cheering for the Vik game as the GB game slipped out of reach. The 5 Viking fans were kind of a rough looking crew. I was really hoping that they weren't going to come over to the GB fans and splatter their blood on my clothes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts