Some GOOD things...and some BAD things..

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
yooperfan said:
Bad------ The Packers can't run the football.

And it's not cause of ahman green

is there a point where we ditch the zone blocking scheme?

I think running the ball better vs. the Bears has alot to do with Leach. We let him go and we don't even average 3 yards a carry against a mediocre run defense. It's food for thought

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Leach wasn't the difference. I jus got done watching the film. The runs where Ahman was getting stuffed were because it was ... another ... draw play after another. It was pathetically predictable.

Leach is a helluva blocker though. But if the FB nor the RB are getting into the second level the FB isn't really gonna do much.

Lot of our running plays that I recall were single back formation with the FB/TE motioning weak side or strong side.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, I am really not seeing your point.

I to watched the tape and it looked like there were no holes for Ahman to run through.

So you are assuming Vonta wouldn't have gotten to the second level?

Perhaps we ran out of the single back formation because we lack a big physical FB?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

I to watched the tape and it looked like there were no holes for Ahman to run through.

Perhaps we ran out of the single back formation because we lack a big physical FB?

no rb would be good with our oline.

green can be a great rb but he has no room to run.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
pyledriver80 said:

no rb would be good with our oline.

green can be a great rb but he has no room to run.

He obviously had a little more room last week considering he averaged 2 yards per carry more against a DRAMATICALLY better defense.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he also had a lot more carries against the bears. more carries equals more yards, hence better stats. come on man.... i cant believe your fighting over Vonta Leach.... seriously vonta leach. we have one of the best fullbacks in football playing for us and your whining about vonta leach getting released. come on

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
he also had a lot more carries against the bears. more carries equals more yards, hence better stats. come on man.... i cant believe your fighting over Vonta Leach.... seriously vonta leach. we have one of the best fullbacks in football playing for us and your whining about vonta leach getting released. come on

LOLOLOLOLOL - This is hilarious. I thought I used "YARDS PER CARRY" NicNac. What does this have to do with the amount of carries

sigh............

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Bad: Coaching. I know that they want to 'establish the run', but enough. What happened to the full blown GB screen that I used to hate in the late 90's?

Green dropped some of those yesterday

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Leach wasn't the difference. I jus got done watching the film. The runs where Ahman was getting stuffed were because it was ... another ... draw play after another. It was pathetically predictable.

Leach is a helluva blocker though. But if the FB nor the RB are getting into the second level the FB isn't really gonna do much.

Lot of our running plays that I recall were single back formation with the FB/TE motioning weak side or strong side.

I went back and looked at your "highlights" from last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4s5-_AoMUI

There are just a handfull of running plays, only one with Leach in there and rest of with no FB..

End of game Green was racking up the yards with no FB in...The one play with Leach blocking Green had a nice run and Leach had a nice block..

But IMO Green probably would have avoided the guy that Leach blocked..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference here is not Vonte Leach.

Pyle weren't you calling Green's peformance against the Bears not good because most of the runs came off of draws in which Green was lined up in the backfield alone and GB was behind and Chicago was playing the pass.

If so, you were correct the first time. New Orleans was expecting the run this week and they stopped it. It's as simple as that. Green Bay probably will get better as the year goes on but I wouldn't expect a big year out of Green.