1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So, these concussions can't be good for Rodgers...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 98Redbird, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Guess I'm concerned with how these are going to affect him? I mean he's had 2 now in the same season, today's definitely looked worse than the Washington one, he was WAY out of it right after the play. I just don't want him to turn into a Troy Aikman or Steve Young. You just tap those guys on the head and it's a concussion...

I love that he's fighting for yards and he's effective running with the ball, but use your head!! AND NOT LITERALLY!

2. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Totally agree. After the Bears got plastered I don't care that much about the loss as much as I do his health on this one. If he slid I think he woulda been ok. He has to learn to do that. The hit itself was bull**** in my opinion, could be considered intent to injure considering Rodgers was on his way down. Dude got it back though, being carted off. Karma.

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Most defensive players are too stupid to know otherwise. They are trained to do one thing and can't adapt at all, just look at James Harrison.

The only major exception to this rule that I saw was back when Tommie Harris took it easy on Rodgers' knee.

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Yeah, he's been hit by numerous injuries over his career. Really needs to tone it down. Hopefully, we can get an OL that can protect him better over the years.

5. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Yes, the line needs to protect him better. I thought they were getting better?!

BUT, he's GOT TO slide sometimes! He's been running a lot lately since he is their running game and getting more reckless every game.

6. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I read somewhere (nothing official) that 2 concussions in the same season = he's automatically out at least one game. Any truth to that? No Rodgers, no playoffs. I think today perfectly illustrated that. As poorly as our offense was still playing when he was in, had he not got hurt, we win that game easy.

7. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60

Yup. Heck, if Flynn doesn't make that pick and puts us up 10-0, we win easily.

That pick was a momentum killer. That's what happens with an inexperienced backup QB though.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I am pretty sure if that were the case, it would have been mentioned by now..

9. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60
    Maybe. My friend was telling me the same thing too during the game, that he thought he read about having to miss a game on the second one.

10. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I'm really hoping each case is unique. Trying really hard to stay optimistic today, and failing. But like for instance, Cutler had to sit out after his concussion this year, but he had like 5 back in college. I don't think Rodgers really had any before this year, which is why he was fine to go ahead and play after the Redskins game.

Hopefully today was a wakeup call, cuz if we don't win out, we're probably screwed. Either way we're gonna need some help, cough vikings, cough jets, to win this division.

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    So... No Jenkins. Possibly no Rodgers...

SKOL VIKINGS! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think someone needs to point out that concussions in the 90s and concussions now are on a different level. If you got shut down in the 90s it was bc they had to carry you off the field. Now its if you get hit and blink funny your done for the game. Remember Favre having a bad one and didnt remember throwing a TD during Q and A by the press? I think Rodgers has had a couple light ones but nothing too serious yet. Hoping for the best though

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    he will go thru the same tests he did after the Skins game..But this one looked weird since you KNEW something was off

14. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I almost hope that they hold him out for the game against the Pats. Just to be safe. I feel like this season is lost anyways, with the injuries and all. I don't think we can contend with any of the top teams right now. I think we will get smoked next week, lose to the Giants and unfortunately lose to the Bears. I see us ending up at 8-8...

I'm not trying to be negative, I've been trying to keep a positive outlook all season but it's getting too much now. With the way we played today, I think this team still overlooks teams and thinks it will beat them just because of their record. I think McCarthy is the biggest offender of this actually. I know he says that they don't overlook anyone, but I don't believe him, just look at how they play. They come out flatter than hell and then realize, oh ****...

The O-line situation is ridiculous. The O-Line coach needs to be canned, tomorrow. There were guys standing out there today with their hands in the air like "Who do I block" while the defenders all swarm to the QB or ball carrier. I wanted to throw the nearest object through my TV...

I also think that our strength and conditioning staff should be gone. Some of these injuries are bad luck I understand that, but there are so many that are muscle pulls, strains and ****. That is strength and conditioning.

I heard on the radio that the Bears revamped their strength and conditioning program in the offseason. They are the healthiest team in the NFL, I don't think it's just luck.....

I don't know, I'm down tonight. This sucks. Such high hopes for this season... I'm tired of the injuries, the AWFUL coaching and playcalling. This team has so much freaking potential, I'm sick of just wasting it!!

Rant/ ... Just disregard this post, I'm just in a sour mood.

15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, I'm worried about his long term survivability in the league. If he keeps getting his bell run, he might decide to hang it up early. Rodgers has a ton of talent and I'd hate to see him forced out of the game due to concussions.

Slide dude, slide! Although when he slides, the defenders STILL were hitting him. WTF is that.

16. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Medically it is something to be concerned about. Certainly it's something they should monitor closely. Not just for Aaron the QB but for Aaron himself. The league has just recently started to really study concussions (head injuries) and they take it a lot more seriously. I hope he learned from this to be more careful with himself, he is a beloved member of our team. Right now to be honest, I'd care more about Aaron himself than the game. I'll keep him in my prayers and hope all is well. This one didn't look so seriously, but you don't want to establish a history of concussions.

17. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I was thinking dont throw a pick 6-0 would be great. and we had the ball at the end of the game in fg range we could have won 9-7

18. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    This is BS. I remember writing a few weeks ago that Rodgers and the Packers should make a statement to the NFL about these kinds of hits. I stand by this and hope to see a headline about it. It's almost as if the referees change calls based on the mobility of a QB. The Eagles complain about hits on Vick too.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    How many illegal hits has rodgers taken that havent been called? Or something involving rodgers not getting calls if you think the AZ game doesnt count. Does he cuss out the refs before the game or something?

20. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Too many. The way I see it now is that somehow the refs must believe that mobile, running QBs deserve or can handle more hits than those sitting back in the pocket.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    This wont get fined but suhs push on cutler does. wtf. oh and dont get me started on the strength coach for the jets that tripped the dolphin player. Be a man, stick your foot out when your playing the ravens and see ray lewis running by. Sh*t even steve smith for the panthers, cause I know he would have got up and andre johnsoned his *ss

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Who thinks it was the the act of his helmet being hit by another helmet?

Or by his bouncing off the turf like a ping pong that cause the concussion..

I have looked at it about 100 x's but still is obvious to me that its the turf..

23. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Turf caused the concussion. It was clear as day to me. The defender that came in didn't spear the side of Rodgers' helmet or anything, it just drove him into the ground and unfortunately his head and the turf met in a rough way.

24. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    The thing about it, was it was a cheap shot by the line backer as Rodgers was clearly falling to the ground. I don't want a fine or any pity do to the fact Rodger should have slid as soon as he got the first down, it wasn't like he was going to score. That linebacker that cheap shot Rodgers is a biatch.I tlk you guys what, I never missed Ryan grant so much as this is his time of the year where he just explodes. I hope Rodgers will be back next week to light those patriots up.

25. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I noticed that, too. Isn't the rule that the defender cannot even touch the QB if he slides? I noticed on one slide the defender planted his shoulder pads into Rodgers side. Not hard, but still...