Snacks now a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Can they get him up to speed by 7:20 Central?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He pretty much spent the whole season getting back in shape, and now he's ready. I'd let him clear waivers unless he was already playing for Vet Min, which I think he was because his salary was barely over $1M. Let him play against the Bears and see what he can do.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Pretty sure he heads to the waiver wire, Packers are what 31st in the Pecking order?

Also, not sure i want what sounds like a spoiled snack on my team if I am Gute.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pretty sure he heads to the waiver wire, Packers are what 31st in the Pecking order?

Also, not sure i want what sounds like a spoiled snack on my team if I am Gute.
Minimal to no risk, potentially big reward. Sign me up.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't he saying no to Green Bay earlier because of weather? Is a fringe starter really worth bringing in an above average crybaby? His best days are well behind him it appears.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's find some credence to these "crybaby" comments folks. Dude wants to play not set inactive. Is back in shape and had a solid last year. Instantly at worst our best back up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wasn't he saying no to Green Bay earlier because of weather? Is a fringe starter really worth bringing in an above average crybaby? His best days are well behind him it appears.
If he starts crying, cut his ***. Simple.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's only 13 other teams that would be interested, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Buccaneers, Rams, Bears, Ravens, Browns, Bills, and Chiefs are not interested, but I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree the Packers should put in a claim for Harrison as it would be a low risk move. I wonder how many snaps he would receive as a run defender if the unit continues to perform like they did against Henry and the Titans though.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm one of the aforementioned teams lower in the pecking order I'm signing Snacks just to block us. But I'm like that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If I'm one of the aforementioned teams lower in the pecking order I'm signing Snacks just to block us. But I'm like that.

I do think of all the potential NFC playoff teams, Snacks might benefit the Packers the most. That said, the Bucs and the Cardinals both might be eyeing him to improve as well. The Saints, Bears and the Rams don't need him. I'm not familiar enough with AFC teams to wonder which ones might benefit.

I thought I read that Snacks can/will "Waiver block" a team if he doesn't want to play for them. What that is exactly, I have no clue. Maybe just a phone call saying "I know you picked me up on Waivers, but Im not going anywhere."

Guys like Snacks bother me, he seems to be trying to dictate things more than he should. The Seahawks gave him a job and a lot of money to do it, then he acts like a 5 year old and says he's done because they didn't activate him for a game?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think of all the potential NFC playoff teams, Snacks might benefit the Packers the most. That said, the Bucs and the Cardinals both might be eyeing him to improve as well. The Saints, Bears and the Rams don't need him. I'm not familiar enough with AFC teams to wonder which ones might benefit.

I thought I read that Snacks can/will "Waiver block" a team if he doesn't want to play for them. What that is exactly, I have no clue. Maybe just a phone call saying "I know you picked me up on Waivers, but Im not going anywhere."

Guys like Snacks bother me, he seems to be trying to dictate things more than he should. The Seahawks gave him a job and a lot of money to do it, then he acts like a 5 year old and says he's done because they didn't activate him for a game?
Bothers me too. Other teams were inquiring about him and reportedly were prepared to offer him a contract and he basically said, Nah man, I’m gonna stay with Seattle’s practice squad instead. The moment he’s not activated and he thinks he should be, he balks. Release me, I’m done.

well, there were 2-3 other teams that wanted to put you on their active roster and and you said no. Snacks, I’m not feeling sorry for you.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think DRAFTING another NT type to pair with Kenny Clark would be a better fit at this point in Kenny's career

Harrison isn't really a 6-8 sack type of guy

I'd rather put ANOHTER "young" high motor guy to pair with Kenny Clark on the DL since we are going to keep Gary at the EDGE apparently

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bothers me too. Other teams were inquiring about him and reportedly were prepared to offer him a contract and he basically said, Nah man, I’m gonna stay with Seattle’s practice squad instead. The moment he’s not activated and he thinks he should be, he balks. Release me, I’m done.

well, there were 2-3 other teams that wanted to put you on their active roster and and you said no. Snacks, I’m not feeling sorry for you.

Yup and I think when you factor in what you stand to gain VS what you might lose by bringing in a guy with that kind of attitude, it isn't worth it.

While he is probably a bit better than Lowry, Lancaster or Keke, risking losing the chemistry of the team in that slight upgrade isn't worth it in my opinion. Plus, what message are you sending to your players? "We are fine with players that dictate when and who they play for?" That's potentially dropping the wrong apple down the well.

Now if Randall Cobb was suddenly let lose by the Texans, sign me up! :)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think DRAFTING another NT type to pair with Kenny Clark would be a better fit at this point in Kenny's career

Harrison isn't really a 6-8 sack type of guy

I'd rather put ANOHTER "young" high motor guy to pair with Kenny Clark on the DL since we are going to keep Gary at the EDGE apparently

This isn't a debate of the future, this is a sign for playoff run type situation. Not a soul is saying sign him for 2021 yet.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not opposed to checking him out, but I have some significant reservations just how he’s seemingly conducted himself this year and being a FA.

long term he’s nothin any of my plans. If I thought he’d shut up and play hard for the next handful of games he’ll be cheap enough.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If I thought he’d shut up and play hard for the next handful of games he’ll be cheap enough.

THAT would be the determining factor, problem is, what he just did in Seattle is not a glowing mark on his resume. I read that he said something "he doesn't want to play if it means taking a young up and comers spot". That just doesn't make any sense to me, since no matter where he goes, he is taking someone's roster spot and snaps.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THAT would be the determining factor, problem is, what he just did in Seattle is not a glowing mark on his resume. I read that he said something "he doesn't want to play if it means taking a young up and comers spot". That just doesn't make any sense to me, since no matter where he goes, he is taking someone's roster spot and snaps.

Sure, he's taking someone's spot, but if he's a better player and they're not an "up and comer" then I think he's willing to play there. In Seattle is sounds like a difference in opinion. They're starting someone he thinks he should start over, but isn't. So he's on waivers at his request. I'd sign him. Depth for a run is a good idea.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring him in Andre Rison got cut too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts