Snacks now a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
t
The other day I posted having seen that snacks Harrison wasn't interested in playing in Green Bay because he didn't want to play in the cold with his knees. Now yesterday, I read where if he doesn't sign with Seattle then he'll be visiting Green Bay this week.
Anyone think that this is just a move to improve the run defense, or more because they expect Clark to be out longer than originally expected?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd presume Snacks would be a low-cost fill in. He's old and a little creaky, but he might be able to give you a solid 15-20 or so snaps per game.

My guess had always been that we'd consider him or a similar player roughly now. Post-Week 1 so his base isn't guaranteed, confirm that what we currently have on the roster, and give us a chance to plan around injuries. With Clark out and Kirksey on IR, it makes sense to at least consider some 2-down players.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think clark might play tonight...would seem to me to be kinda like a ryan pickett type signing

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think clark might play tonight...would seem to me to be kinda like a ryan pickett type signing

Not to get too nitpicky, but this is more a Howard Greene signing.

Pickett was a former 1st round draft pick that we splurged on. Greene was a mid-season pickup to bolster the middle due to injury.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been expressing my desire for Snacks since his cut. I 100% approve, defend and support us signing him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pickett was a former 1st round draft pick that we splurged on. Greene was a mid-season pickup to bolster the middle due to injury.

Ok fair enough but maybe not to snacks I can't vouch for how good he is but I feel like he might be upset if you put him on the howard greene level instead of pickett but I do see your point...greene abd pickett together won a superbowl I believe

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyone think that this is just a move to improve the run defense, or more because they expect Clark to be out longer than originally expected?

I don't think the Packers being interested in Harrison is an indication that the team expects Clark to miss additional time.

I fully expect him to return after the bye week.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok fair enough but maybe not to snacks I can't vouch for how good he is but I feel like he might be upset if you put him on the howard greene level instead of pickett but I do see your point...greene abd pickett together won a superbowl I believe

Hopefully Snacks isn't reading here, but he IS on Howard Green level.

We signed Pickett to his second contract for the 2006 season. 27 years old. This man was in his prime. Originally a 1st round pick.

We signed Green to his 8th contract after he was cut by the Jets in 2010, largely as an injury fill-in. 31 years old, beginning the downslope of his career. He has not played for another team. Originally a 6th round pick.

Let's go look at Snacks.
  1. Cut from his most recent team/contract
  2. 31 years old
  3. Assuming he signs with someone other than the Lions, it would be his 4th team
  4. currently unemployed as the 4th week of the season is wrapping up
  5. Originally an UDFA
Who does he looks more like on paper? Pickett or Green?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and did Greene ever come through for us. We had an OT that played great that year also.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Snacks gets here and helps us win a super bowl, I won't nit pick over if he's Howard Greene or Ryan Pickett :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would think that it's more of an indictment of Lowry's performance than of Clark's health.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that it's more of an indictment of Lowry's performance than of Clark's health.

That didn't occur to me, but that's a pretty good point. Lowry has been a disappointment.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That didn't occur to me, but that's a pretty good point. Lowry has been a disappointment.

While Lowry hasn't exactly played well this is more an indication that Snacks wants to collect a paycheck again since even according to Snacks the Packers (and a few other teams) contacted him in the offseason about bringing him in allready so it shouldn't be suprising for them to bring him in now

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Lowry was a young player with a lot of talent who was coming off a good season when they signed him after the 2018 season. It seemed like he was on an upward trajectory. Unfortunately, he's regressed since then. So it seems that they paid him at his peak. I would not be surprised if he's released after this season.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady Jackson..Howard Green...pool pond...lol. If Snacks does sign I hope its not another redo of Ezra "hot dog* Johnson.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If somehow the Seahawks don't get a deal done, the Packers can't let him leave GB.

A SB move.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our D line played very well last night. Whether or not that is because Atlanta's O line is not good I don't know. But they did a pretty good job of protecting Ryan.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta's O line could be argued as being the best we have faced yet.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not be naïve here either. Players often book multiple visits to compel the first team to sign them. Visit to Seattle with nothing else planned. Seattle can take its time and give a team-friendly offer. Visit to Seattle followed by a visit to Green Bay, now the Seahawks have to tender an offer to keep him from going to the Packers. Leverage is a part of this when agents are involved.

I would be okay with the signing, but the Packers have a lot of free agents to pay. Every dollar counts, even when we are talking hundreds of millions.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not be naïve here either. Players often book multiple visits to compel the first team to sign them. Visit to Seattle with nothing else planned. Seattle can take its time and give a team-friendly offer. Visit to Seattle followed by a visit to Green Bay, now the Seahawks have to tender an offer to keep him from going to the Packers. Leverage is a part of this when agents are involved.

I would be okay with the signing, but the Packers have a lot of free agents to pay. Every dollar counts, even when we are talking hundreds of millions.

His signing now would undoubtedly be a one year thing, not influencing any ability to resign others I'd suspect. You're 100% correct on the leverage part.

Status
Not open for further replies.