1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Slocum Will Take Over As Special Teams Coach

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by b_mckendry, Jan 14, 2009.

1. b_mckendry

b_mckendry Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I honeslty don't even know what to think about this. I just think it's sad that the Packers can't even bring in a coach from outside the organization. We need someone who didn't work under Stock and has a different coaching style. I think that Slocum will do everything that Stock did becuase he worked under him for a short period of time. My hat goes off to Stock and I thought he was a tremendous coach, I just thinnk we should have went outside the organization. Hopefully Slocum will prove us wrong.

2. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    :devil: :no: :swear: nuff said !

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Slocum had more experience outside of the Stock regime than he had in it.
    I don't think he will be unduly influenced by the Mike Stock coaching philosophy.

4. catchpatch

catchpatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How many special teams coaches are out there, really?

5. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Got to love the understudy of a failure!!

6. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I clipped this from an article on the hiring.

Sources said the Packers made no contact with Ted Daisher, whose special-teams units in Cleveland ranked third in 2008;

Slocum had better get the ST together...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/37550999.html

7. spartacheese520

spartacheese520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This may just be a sign of things to come. All the rumors about Nolan, Williams, McDermott, Haslett as the Packers next Defensive Coordinator is just that...rumor. TT & MM have way too much pride to bring someone in like the aforementioned candidates. Watch, they'll just promote from within.

8. catchpatch

catchpatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If this were true, Winston Moss would already have been named the defensive coordinator. Clearly, they want someone else. We may end up with him, but he's obviously not the Packers' first choice.

9. OHIOFAN

OHIOFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought, how about Herm Edwards as a D-Coordinator? He is a class guy and has a lot of emotion. I know that he has not done jack in KC as a head coach, but I think could be a good fit for the Pack in a lesser role than he has in KC-since he will likely be let go by KC.