1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sitton declares this the best team he has been on

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    This team is definitely more balanced than the 2011 team. BTW, this thread may get more attention if a mod can correct the spelling in the title. Or it may get less since posters may be clicking on it wondering who "Sutton" is. ;)

3. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +200
    Teams change Dramatically when top level players go down to injury. Just look what happened to the Packers defense when Nick Collins went down and they lost Bishod. Sitting is probably right if he looks at this team at the start of training camp. Very well balanced with 5-6 top level players including Sitton himself. Unfortunately Nelson was one of those top level players that can't be replaced. Include The 25-30 pounds that Lacy has put around his gut and one can make an argument that the Packers have lost both Nelson and Lacy until
    He demons it necessary to get motivated. The Packers are no longer explosive. That doesn't mean that can't win NE last year wasn't explosive but they had Gronk. This team is noticeably better in special teams better at stopping the run than past teams and not as good on the offensive side of the ball. It does not have the playmakers of the 2010 team so I would rate the present team at Slightly below last year's team given the injury epidemic that shows no signs of subsiding.

4. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +510

Seattle Sutton?

5. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,987
    OK "Suttun". There I fixed it. :whistling:

6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Dang, I changed it to the linked spelling before I read the whole thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Packers Notes as a blurb about Sitton that begins:
    http://packersnotes.com/2015/10/sittons-sackless-streak-ends/

That's the last time he gave up a sack. The streak was broken by DL Corey Liuget. The breaking of Sitton's streak, just like the breaking of Rodgers' streak of pass attempts without an INT at home just reminds us how good both are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I like to see streaks ending early in the season versus later on. No matter what players and coaches say, they mostly know about these streaks and sometimes it does affect decisions because they don't want the streak to end. I'd prefer to get that sillyness out of the way before it affects the team in the playoffs.

Lombardi never said anything about capturing perfection. He said that we would chase it and catch excellence along the way.

• Like Like x 1