Since Fox is broadcasting the Super Bowl

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIl58mIL4w]YouTube - Super Bowl XXXI Fox Introduction[/ame]

Super Bowl XXXI was the first time Fox did the SB. Wow lot has changed over 14 years, one thing that hasn't Fox still has that blimp! From 24 to 29 seconds that looks so cheesy compared to today.(Ok almost all of it looks bad)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, I think the whole thing looks cheezy!
This is from Faux sports which is to be expected.
There going to have something just as ridiculous and laughable this year as well.
I always laugh at things where they try to make you take it seriously when it isn't really as serious.
And what doesn't work is the transition of serious into fun.
Anyone else catch that?
It's right when JB comes in with his narration.
Faux blew it big time with this one.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
haha, I watched this a couple years ago (my dad has the entire 1996 season on VHS) and just laughed. Funny how with technological advances in the film industry and quality of broadcast the creative sensibilities also seem to morph. What made people think this was cutting edge in the 90s?

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys remember the Super Bowl hats and shirts after GB won that Super Bowl? My God were those ever awful!

They were so bad I wish I still had mine to wear once awhile just to see how many dirty looks I got. :shock:

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys remember the Super Bowl hats and shirts after GB won that Super Bowl? My God were those ever awful!

They were so bad I wish I still had mine to wear once awhile just to see how many dirty looks I got. :shock:
o with the music stuff on them. geezus those are uuuuugly. wes has one and i have forbid him from wearing it in public

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Hell, I think the whole thing looks cheezy!
This is from Faux sports which is to be expected.
There going to have something just as ridiculous and laughable this year as well.
I always laugh at things where they try to make you take it seriously when it isn't really as serious.
And what doesn't work is the transition of serious into fun.
Anyone else catch that?
It's right when JB comes in with his narration.
Faux blew it big time with this one.

FF, what's with your hate of FOX? Besides the unbearable commentary of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck (add Jimmy Johnson in there too), I always feel they have best broadcasts of the 3 networks (CBS, NBC, FOX). I don't know what it is, but the quality of picture just seems to be superior to CBS, I cannot STAND CBS, and my hatred of NBC stems from many areas, but they suck with sports, too.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FF, what's with your hate of FOX? Besides the unbearable commentary of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck (add Jimmy Johnson in there too), I always feel they have best broadcasts of the 3 networks (CBS, NBC, FOX). I don't know what it is, but the quality of picture just seems to be superior to CBS, I cannot STAND CBS, and my hatred of NBC stems from many areas, but they suck with sports, too.
As I've written in other places, Faux seems to be more about quantity with their football games than quality.
And it's just the feeling I get from the network.
Maybe it's just the instinctual feeling I get from them. I can't really explain it...

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course you will. they're the "A" team.

CBS is brutal. But the worst...absolute travesty, is actually NFL Network. I think i've seen college sports stations with more professionalism and thoughtfulness.