SI experts still predict Pack to win it all.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some optimism for everyone: I received my new issue of Sports Illustrated today and read through the playoff predictions from Peter King.

The Pack ends up with 2nd seed below the Giants, has a home game against Atlanta before beating the G-men in the NFC Championship game. They then go on to face the Jets (again) in the Super Bowl and the prediction is the Pack take the game 14 to 9.

Not bad for a roster full of players on IR.

Also, CM3 made the SI All-Pro team at OLB :D

I'm at work now but can expand on either of those articles later if anyone is interested.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good news, it confirms three other sites I was looking at @6:00 a.m., all three predicted the Packers to be a 1st or 2nd seed.

One place had the NFC-west have two teams tied for the division lead with 7-9 records. No way a 7-9 team should get a home game

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that was interesting. I read the article and SI took all the injuries into consideration. Not sure if I agree with the Jets winning the AFC though. Just have to take it week by week.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me superstitious... but it makes me nervous when anybody predicts us to win it all. It would be great, but I hope they don't jinz us

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont read that predicition ********. All you have to know is this: THE PACKERS CAN COMPETE WITH ANY TEAM IN THE NFL.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i dont read that predicition ********. All you have to know is this: THE PACKERS CAN COMPETE WITH ANY TEAM IN THE NFL.

********? Seems a little strong since we have a thread here asking us to give our predictions on what the Packers final record will be. Stay happy.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And Peter King changed his pick I guess. Pre-season he said the SB would be Packers vs Steelers with the Steelers winning it all.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are these the same ''experts'' that didn't give the Pack a chance against the Jets?

Actually, I think it's the same experts that predicted the Cowboys would go to the Super Bowl, and play it own ego-built billion dollar palace.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me superstitious... but it makes me nervous when anybody predicts us to win it all. It would be great, but I hope they don't jinz us

Guys! Guys! Guys! we are guaranteed to win it all! SUPERBOWL OR DIE!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LOL...make you feel any better gmann?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. King!!! I'm starting to feel all giddy, like I have a tummy full of fluttering butterflies, again! Every time I think of the Packers and the SB........ Purring.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Predictions are like ********, everybody's got one. But yeah, I'm happy they are predicting greatness instead of FAIL

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yeah predictions really can't ever be trusted, I was just pointing out that it's nice to see someone who isn't a Packers fan actually picking us to win. I read SI for the articles; I can make my own predictions lol.

I was actually more impressed that CM3 made the All-Pro team over James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, other elite OLBs.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated Now Picking Packers To Win Superbowl!

Has this already been mentioned? I just got the new issue today with the "NFL Midseason Report" (November 8, 2010) and this is what they have written ...

"Green Bay entered the season with weighty expectations, and in the first eight games the Pack at times played as if the burden was too heavy. But even with a raft of injuries and a choppy start, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews & Co. are too good not to find their groove in the second half."

They go on to predict Green Bay beating the Falcons in the divisional round, the Giants in the NFC Championship game and finally defeating the Jets in Superbowl XLV (14 to 9).

Woa! Is this now a curse? I know these kind of predictions don't mean a lot, but this one surprised me - in a really good way! :man_in_love:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Predictions are like ********, everybody's got em. Easy way to fill pages, just have a bunch of predictions every month.

Better to be predicted to win something, then to come in as worst team in the NFL.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has this already been mentioned? I just got the new issue today with the "NFL Midseason Report" (November 8, 2010) and this is what they have written ...

"Green Bay entered the season with weighty expectations, and in the first eight games the Pack at times played as if the burden was too heavy. But even with a raft of injuries and a choppy start, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews & Co. are too good not to find their groove in the second half."

They go on to predict Green Bay beating the Falcons in the divisional round, the Giants in the NFC Championship game and finally defeating the Jets in Superbowl XLV (14 to 9).

Woa! Is this now a curse? I know these kind of predictions don't mean a lot, but this one surprised me - in a really good way! :man_in_love:

It's only a curse if you appear on the cover of SI

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts