Showing Class: Bronco Fans congratulat win.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bronco Fan here~

Thanks for the Classy post, I don't see too many from other teams come here and be friendly, it was a good game last night with alot of dumb penaltys on both sides.

I Can't really say I paid a whole lot of attention to Cutler but what I did see impressed me, he seems to have alot of potential, Kinda reminds me of Favre.

Speaking of him I agree on the whole love fest, I love favre but even I thought that was a bit much last night espectialy with his wife in the booth but I didn't mind since I'm a Packers fan, I can't blame you for hating it.

As for Kampman he had a great game, sorry he had to show up your inexperianced Tackle, I'm supprised they didn't keep a TE or RB back to help him block but it works for me :D

And the punter Jon Ryan is pretty impressive, I was most excited about him then anyone else when we did sign him from the CFL's Blue Bombers. He holds the record for punting average at something like 55 or 60 yards.

Thanks again for coming in and hope you stick around, we could use a few more classy opponents. :)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Bronco Fan here~

I think Cutler looked VERY good. He's accurate and has some real zip on his ball.

Except on the last pass he threw in the 4th quarter. Terribly inaccurate.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: congratulations on the win

Our defense played well in spurts, just not enough of them. I thought our defense would be better than it is. I was expecting dominance and we're just not that way. Penalties will stop dominace every time. Barnett plays too fast and all too often just isn't where he should be. Hawk hasn't developed much this year. He might even have played better last year. Our corners are good, but those penalties just kill you. I would have blitzed the heck out of Cutler at the end of the game last night. Your front four were struggling mightily and without a blitz he could sit back there and pick us apart. That last penalty was buster for the Broncs. The bottom line is that the Broncs aren't all that good, but we're just a tad better. I know we're 6-1 but with that defense playing so sporadically and virtually no running game,I wonder how we'll continue winning.

I agree, especially with the last sentance. I thought that GB d would be VERY good this year. However, I struggle to find a word to describe them. Attacking, fast, cause turnovers - I am not sure how you would describe them. I think that Steady would be most accurate.

The bottom line is, however, that they do keep winning and that is all that matters.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bronco Fan here~

Count me in as yet another Packer fan who was impressed by Cutler last night. He has poise and he throws the ball well. He has thrown a lot of interceptions this year, but that will happen with a young QB, especially with the injuries you've had on your offense. Lord knows, Favre threw plenty of interceptions in his first couple seasons.

I get sick of all the Favre coverage too. It reduces him to a cliche. And I'm a big fan of Favre. If I wasn't, it would be really nauseating. I used to get sick of listening to **** Enberg bragging up Elway. It made me kind of hate Elway, and partly because of that, it wasn't until very late in Elway's career that I was able to admit how great a player he was.

I'm not sure what to think of your team. I know they've had a lot of injuries. But their defense lacks an identity right now, which makes me think they are at least a year or two away from having a chance to be contenders.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

although i make no excuses we lost, it could have easily, and should have been a win for the broncos.

When you use Should Have and Could Have to describe your football team, you are a dreamer.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

but aside from the two big plays the defense limited your O to two field goals, and when a team has to isolate the corners just so they contain the line, then fail to get pressure it is a recipe for defeat. loseing Lynch semed to take the fight out of the broncos defense, and now we may lose the MLB so our season is going further and further south

good game, none the less

While I respect your opinion, I think the pack more or less stopped themselves from getting TD's on those drives due to their stupid penalties.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well now that the games over I think we're all Bronco fans. I think they'll bounce back and beat the Lions. Champ and Bly will comeback and shut down the Lions WR's. Good luck

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well now that the games over I think we're all Bronco fans. I think they'll bounce back and beat the Lions. Champ and Bly will comeback and shut down the Lions WR's. Good luck

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the Lions do against the team the Packers just played. So far against common opponents, the Lions have beaten the Bears (twice) and Vikings, but got killed by the Eagles and Redskins.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I just read the gameday thread on the Bronco's website. Very interesting. Looks like we only won cause of the refs. Also looks like their corners are getting butchered. Made me sure happy cause I know if we lost that way our threads would of had all the same posts, feeling like our hearts were just ripped out. Thanks Brett for sparing me the pain

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score

arapaho said:
but aside from the two big plays the defense limited your O to two field goals, and when a team has to isolate the corners just so they contain the line, then fail to get pressure it is a recipe for defeat. loseing Lynch semed to take the fight out of the broncos defense, and now we may lose the MLB so our season is going further and further south

good game, none the less

While I respect your opinion, I think the pack more or less stopped themselves from getting TD's on those drives due to their stupid penalties.

accually on your first Fg you didnt have a red zone penalty :!:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There cannot be a bigger discrepancy in philosophy than what you see in these two teams.

Green Bay builds through the draft and developes players and keeps the key components together. I don't think TT gets the credit he should for managing the money in a way that allows him to hold onto virtually every key player that could have left here.

Denver looks for FA's that can fit in and carry the team to the playoffs. The amount of turnover they see there is incredible. I don't even know how fans can keep up with all the new guys there every year.

Personnaly I think Shanahan is chasing his tail and banking on a boat load of new guys to gel quickly and compete immediatly against teams that take years to mold together and put the right guys in place.

I think his "grass is greener" approach will be his demiss in the end. If this season goes south(which may very well happen with the high number of road games left) you may very well see him on the hot seat next year for the first time. I know the guy has had a free ticket stamped out there for a long time but we have all seen this before when something fails badly.

Every year they go out and get guys and people talk up Denver and then they go 8-8. That won't cut it forever.