Should we be worried about MM?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case some of you missed it, there was another saints scandal the other day with the team being accused of installing listening devices. This is a serious charge and will result in a federal investigation. After that the nfl will investigate and rule on their punishment.

How does this affect MM? He was the offensive coordinator from 2000-2004 with the saints, so he would stand to benefit from any spying done.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't visit other teams' forums often. But, I visited the Saints forum at the link above and read the whole thread as well as scrolled through a few random others.

Wow.

They spend a lot of time hating the Packers... and are still angry at the MVP voting-- which apparently is all part of the great Illuminati conspiracy to put down the Saints while promoting the Packers across the land.

Uh, yeah, whatever...

Funny reading. Recommended if you want a good laugh.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I don't visit other teams' forums often. But, I visited the Saints forum at the link above and read the whole thread as well as scrolled through a few random others.

Wow.

They spend a lot of time hating the Packers... and are still angry at the MVP voting-- which apparently is all part of the great Illuminati conspiracy to put down the Saints while promoting the Packers across the land.

Uh, yeah, whatever...

Funny reading. Recommended if you want a good laugh.

I lurk over there every once in a while and after these two latest scandals. It's hilarious how delusional they are sometimes.

I understand fans are supposed to be bias, but seriously they have an overwhelming sense of entitlement and nothing is never their fault and they blame Goodell for everything.

All they do is whine and cry and blame everyone around them for their teams problems. I understand being devastated because their team is going through a tough time with all these scandals, but blaming everybody else but the organization and talking about mugging Goodell when he comes to New Orleans for the superbowl. Seriously grow up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints went something like 4-4, 5-3, and 3-5 at home during the years that they supposedly had these listening devices. In addition, in divisional rematch games they went 1-2, 1-2 and 2-1 (or 3-0) so there's no slam dunk data to show that the GM pass along anything that he learned to benefit the team.

I don't think that there is anything to worry about. Besides, my guess would be that if information was shared by the GM, it was shared to Sean Peyton who was really the coordinator and head coach.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints went something like 4-4, 5-3, and 3-5 at home during the years that they supposedly had these listening devices. In addition, in divisional rematch games they went 1-2, 1-2 and 2-1 (or 3-0) so there's no slam dunk data to show that the GM pass along anything that he learned to benefit the team.

I don't think that there is anything to worry about. Besides, my guess would be that if information was shared by the GM, it was shared to Sean Peyton who was really the coordinator and head coach.

Sean Payton wasn't employed by the saints when it took place, McCarthy was.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
After reading through that I thought it was more pathetic than funny. One poster is certain Loomis didn't listen in - I too understand being a fan(atic) but c'mon, how could any fan possibly know? Its one thing to demand proof and/or a thorough investigation but to proclaim him innocent at this point is just silly. Others conflate being interviewed at the beginning of an investigation with assignment of guilt or the lack of being interviewed with innocence. And they don't even get the NFL MVP voting correct: That award relates only to the regular season, not the playoffs. Again, there's an argument for Brees as the MVP but at least get the facts right. And one poster dismisses the team that won the Super Bowl last season as not being very good. The Packers envy was the only part of it I enjoyed.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One poster is certain Loomis didn't listen in

Add me to that number. How can I be so certain? It's really a matter of paying attention and applying common sense.

Go back and read what is actually written and listen to what John Barr says. Then listen to what all of the people who would have reason to know say. Then pay attention to how the story "unfolded." ESPN should be ashamed.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think MM is safe, have to think of it as a balancing act, how much more punishment can you give the Saints this year? If you give too much you ruin their season, trash their franchise and then have so much negativity that any franchise that puts themselves in a risky situation, may fear being treated as the Saints. I really believe this a nonstory to spark up flames.

Also it kind of makes you wonder who hates the Packers more Lions fans or Saints fans

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM is safe, have to think of it as a balancing act, how much more punishment can you give the Saints this year? If you give too much you ruin their season, trash their franchise and then have so much negativity that any franchise that puts themselves in a risky situation, may fear being treated as the Saints. I really believe this a nonstory to spark up flames.

Also it kind of makes you wonder who hates the Packers more Lions fans or Saints fans

I don't think Packers are generally hated by Saints' fans, and I don't think that is really what motivated the question.

It's more of the fact that Venturi has been asked (and he has answered). Haslett has been asked (and he has answered). So, where is the Q & A with MM? I don't know what the answer is, it could be as simple as MM has had a stomach virus and has been locked up in his bathroom. It's only been a couple of days.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

Doesn't look like hate as much as just vicious nuthuggery.

On a side note, Heath Evans is the biggest idiot gas-bag the NFL Network has employed. And that is saying a lot considering they have Jamie Dukes and Michael Irvin in there. Michael Lombardi consistenly owns Evans in debates. It's hilarious

Heath puts full nuthuggery of Drew Brees and Tom Brady on display any chance he gets. He played the most expendable, useless and phased out position in Football and somehow people value his opinion. And it's really only because he was along for the ride with two great teams to where he carried almost none of the load for either.

He constantly quotes Hoodie and Juicy Fruit ad nauseum and said the reason we went one and done in the playoffs was because Rodgers didn't get together with his team like Drew Brees did before the season and labeled it arrogance. Even though we had the #1 scoring offense in the league.

Heath doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's biased either, which is probably even worse than hiding it. And for some reason they still let him attend Saints home games on the sidelines in full saints gear. Aren't analysts supposed to remain neutral?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That whole thread is a joke. Someone should inform those retards that the NFL isn't going to be investigating the wiretapping incident until AFTER the FBI and DOJ conclude their investigation. And they can bet their sphincter the FBI and DOJ won't care that McCarthy is the head coach of the greatest franchise on earth, so there's no real conspiracy here.

Another poster here had it right: Saints fans are acting entitled. Deflecting blame, pointing fingers and assuming there is some kind of a conspiracy is a loser's mentality. I mean, it was the Saints, and not someone else, who ran a bounty program, and then LIED about it for three years after being warned to knock it off. If they want to know why no one believes Mickey Loomis in this case, it's because he's proven to be a liar. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They bark that brees was robbed of an MVP last season. He wasn't, Arod won it nearly unanimously.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That whole thread is a joke. Someone should inform those retards that the NFL isn't going to be investigating the wiretapping incident until AFTER the FBI and DOJ conclude their investigation. .

Why should anyone explain that? I don't know why you think they don't already know that.

What they are discussing is why the media is not asking questions of MM. The timing of any NFL investigation has nothing to do with it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They bark that brees was robbed of an MVP last season. He wasn't, Arod won it nearly unanimously.

Yeah, I read that too. It's just idiotic to think Brees deserved it over Rodgers. While I don't have an issue with players padding their own stats, that's precisely what Brees did last year- Padded his stats. Rodgers would have finished with a lot more yards (And presumably would have broken Marino's record too) and TD's (Might have even broken Brady's record) had he not sat for the equivalent of 2 whole games last season because things were decided early. Ultimately he finished with only one TD less than Brees and a hell of a lot fewer picks.

Oh, and this nonsense about how the person being more valuable to their team should be the MVP is pure ********. We all saw what happened when the Bears lost Jay Cutler and the Colts lost Peyton Manning last season. If the award is meant to go to the player who is "The most valuable to their team," then either Cutler or Manning should have won the award. But they didn't, because the award goes to the best player in the league, and that player last season was Aaron Rodgers. It's really not even debatable.

I also loved the argument about how Rodgers somehow choked against the 9-7 eventual Super Bowl champion Giants. As someone here in this very thread pointed out, teh Drew Brees led Saints lost to the 7-9 Seahawks..

Case closed.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I read that too. It's just idiotic to think Brees deserved it over Rodgers. While I don't have an issue with players padding their own stats, that's precisely what Brees did last year- Padded his stats. Rodgers would have finished with a lot more yards (And presumably would have broken Marino's record too) and TD's (Might have even broken Brady's record) had he not sat for the equivalent of 2 whole games last season because things were decided early. Ultimately he finished with only one TD less than Brees and a hell of a lot fewer picks.

Oh, and this nonsense about how the person being more valuable to their team should be the MVP is pure ********. We all saw what happened when the Bears lost Jay Cutler and the Colts lost Peyton Manning last season. If the award is meant to go to the player who is "The most valuable to their team," then either Cutler or Manning should have won the award. But they didn't, because the award goes to the best player in the league, and that player last season was Aaron Rodgers. It's really not even debatable.

I also loved the argument about how Rodgers somehow choked against the 9-7 eventual Super Bowl champion Giants. As someone here in this very thread pointed out, teh Drew Brees led Saints lost to the 7-9 Seahawks..

Case closed.

You forgot to mention the number of player of the month awards Rodgers got. Or the player of the week awards.

I also like to point out Rodgers scored more TDs than brees (add the rushing)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should anyone explain that? I don't know why you think they don't already know that.

What they are discussing is why the media is not asking questions of MM. The timing of any NFL investigation has nothing to do with it.

Probably because that thread displays the most blatant homerism I think I've ever seen... Saints fans seem to feel as if there is some kind of giant conspiracy against their team, when the fact is their team broke the rules and then lied about it. No conspiracy required.

As for why the media didn't immediately start hounding MM for information, I think way too much is being made of it by those geniuses on that thread. I mean, it makes sense to begin the immediate investigation by talking to the former head coach, the GM who wired the thing, and the GM who re-wired it. Allegedly. They would logically be the major players in such a conspiracy, so it just makes sense to start there. It's still way too early in the process for people to be jumping to conclusions like there's some kind of conspiracy. Plus it's not like the sports reporters aren't busy covering a little event called the NFL Draft this week.

Seriously, Saints fans need both a reality check and to take a deep breath. The fact is the problems the Saints are facing these days were brought upon by themselves. If they want to point fingers and blame anyone for the negative perception the organization faces, they should be pointing their fingers at their liar of a general manager and their liar of a head coach.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can't believe the Colts lost to those bums in the SB.

But, I can get too mad because the Colts PLAYED and COACHED like bums.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because that thread displays the most blatant homerism I think I've ever seen... Saints fans seem to feel as if there is some kind of giant conspiracy against their team, when the fact is their team broke the rules and then lied about it. No conspiracy required. .

No, my specific question to you is why you thought that those posting in that thread were not aware that the NFL was going to wait on the criminal investigations before conducting its own investigation (if any)? How did you not know that they were talking about the media asking questions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts