Should there be a PFFFL dynasty league?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
As most of you know I hold an annual redraft fantasy football league consisting of us packer forum members. This is fun for all involved and will definitely continue next year for the 2013-2014 season (PFFFL III). However some of you may be seriously into fantasy football or like playing every year. If so then I am thinking of starting up a PFDL dynasty league. What is a dynasty football league, you ask?
http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-hq
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/articles/building_a_dynasty.cfm
http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/dynasty-101/getting-started/

I have been in another league (ppr) for a while now and it is a blast. It is great to pick up that rookie or second year player who ends up being a star. Just post here in this thread if you are interested in maybe doing one. Also ask questions here about it if you have any or message me.

So far we have 10 people interested.
Wood Chipper
Vltrophy
MiamiBeachPacker
Gotta Fly
Shawnsta3
Poppa San
AmishMafia
7thfloorRA
Northwestcheesehead
Joshsup17

We will have 25 man initial rosters. We will expand to 30 after the NFL Draft when we do our rookie draft.
Starting lineup will be 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR/TE 1 K 1 DEF
We will have a veterans draft on March 14, 2013 (2 days after Free Agency starts in the NFL) and a 5 round rookie/free agent draft in May. You will pick your rookie draft spot in the veterans draft. You CAN trade veteran draft picks pre draft and during the draft. Also the veterans draft will have a random order.
We will be utilizing fleaflicker.com to host the league.
It will be called the PFDL (Packer Forum Dynasty League)

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So far we have 4 people interested.
Wood Chipper
Vltrophy
MiamiBeachPacker
Gotta Fly

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though Im new here. Id like to join in.

I just won my NFL.com league last week. I think Im pretty good.
My 12 year old won his league. Most public NFL leagues are won by someone actively managing the team. Half the teams in his leagues over the past 3 years were not managed, they signed up, drafted and left. But that still leaves 4-5 teams you have to beat.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
My 12 year old won his league. Most public NFL leagues are won by someone actively managing the team. Half the teams in his leagues over the past 3 years were not managed, they signed up, drafted and left. But that still leaves 4-5 teams you have to beat.
That is why I like the annual PFFFL and the dynasty I am currently in. You may get a team at most who won't be managed but that is it. The other 8 - 10 teams (plus you) are fighting even when your team is losing.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
WhetHorn is added. Looking for 7 more people who are committed to playing. If we can only get 10 then that is ok but 12 is the goal.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
WhetHorn is added. Looking for 7 more people who are committed to playing. If we can only get 10 then that is ok but 12 is the goal.
Count me in. I usually don't like to commit to anything more than a year long since the last time I did, she's hung around for over 21 years.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I updated the list
So far we have 7 people interested.
Wood Chipper
Vltrophy
MiamiBeachPacker
Gotta Fly
WhetHorn
Shawnsta3
Poppa San

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a PPR Keeper league with IDP's? In a 10 team league? Count me in.

Standard point totals, or custom? What site would you be doing it with?
(If you don't have one in mind I'd like to suggest Yahoo because they have a sweet game recap thing: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/346355/recap?week=16&mid1=1&mid2=4)
How big of a roster? Standard starters, or would you customize that? When would the playoffs be, and how many teams get into the playoffs? Random draft order for the first year? I can't think of anymore questions off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts