Should the Packers Start Revoking Season Tickets?

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, they would do this if fans were consistently selling their tickets through secondary sites. A) You'd have more Packers fans at home games (Way too many opposing fans lately). B) It would open up more seats for those on the waiting list.

It's well over a year old. But I like that Denver did this. Oh, here's another thought: Penalize "fans" who don't buy playoff tickets for a home wild card game. For example, let's say someone passes on wildcard tickets this season. Then, the Packers somehow get a home NFCCG. Said fan is ineligible to purchase tickets for the title game. It goes to someone on the waitlist. Maybe it would help sell the wild card game more in the future.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03/denver-broncos-season-tickets-weeding/

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packer season ticket holders always run the risk of loosing their seats if they resell them. Not sure how often they have done it, but if whoever is holding your ticket gets tossed for conduct not allowed, the Packers well know policy is that they can revoke your tickets.

I read the article and I can see pluses and minuses on both sides, but to me this is bordering on over reaching control by an organization. If they are willing to sell me $2000 worth of seats + the seat license and don't allow me to use the open market to resell them (for whatever reasons I choose), then they should buy those seats back for what I paid for them + the % of the seat license. While the article does mention that The Broncos "season-ticket policy states that every account is a revocable license issued annually", I agree with some of the people that it was pretty sucky of them to invoke the new policy without warning people of it. Especially considering the practice of purchasing and reselling tickets is done throughout the world when it comes to professional sports. This smells more like the Broncos organization not liking people other than themselves, to be able to profit off the tickets.

D

Deleted member 6794

To clarify, they would do this if fans were consistently selling their tickets through secondary sites. A) You'd have more Packers fans at home games (Way too many opposing fans lately). B) It would open up more seats for those on the waiting list.

It's well over a year old. But I like that Denver did this. Oh, here's another thought: Penalize "fans" who don't buy playoff tickets for a home wild card game. For example, let's say someone passes on wildcard tickets this season. Then, the Packers somehow get a home NFCCG. Said fan is ineligible to purchase tickets for the title game. It goes to someone on the waitlist. Maybe it would help sell the wild card game more in the future.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03/denver-broncos-season-tickets-weeding/

Absolutely not in favor of the idea as I would have no chance of getting tickets for a Packers home game any other way.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not in favor of the idea as I would have no chance of getting tickets for a Packers home game any other way.
That and it looks like Denver is ******** anyone who doesn't got to at least one game even with extenuating circumstances. Family member has cancer in another state and needs your support? SCREW YOU.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate that they allow big companies like stub hub to get involved. They Jack up prices Up so much. I think maybe they should allow the ticket holders to sell back the tickets to the team and the tickets can be sold again at face value It doesn't really help the case of other teams getting tickets but I'm just tired of tickets becoming too expensive

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That and it looks like Denver is ******** anyone who doesn't got to at least one game even with extenuating circumstances. Family member has cancer in another state and needs your support? SCREW YOU.
Well it does "appear" that the Broncos listened to appeals from all those who lost their season tickets and yes, some people had reasons such as that, but the article mentioned that these same people were openly selling their tickets, even when those extenuating circumstances didn't exist.

I'm not saying the Broncos are justified for doing what they are doing, I am a "free market guy", but if they want to have that policy, its within their rights. I just don't agree with the way they went about it....after the fact and apparently without any advance warning of this new policy.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with AZR, if the teams don't like season ticket holders selling their tickets they should but them back. I am not interested at all in having season tickets as going to the games has little appeal to me but if I did and there were games I didn't want to see I'd probably sell my tickets to family or friends at face value so they could have the experience. If that happened there would be no way for the team to trace it and know that you were not using the ticket yourself. So if it's a 1 game or lose it all you have to do is sell one game ticket personally and you should be in the clear and I am sure that is what most will do now. the sweep worked once because no one knew about it but now that they know they will work around it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the more interesting part of this is the possibility of a hidden agenda by the Broncos organization by doing this. So I would ask:

"Do the Broncos not want resale of their tickets to continue because of the PR notion of "we want true Bronco fans to have them", or if you pull the curtain back do you hear John Elway saying "Ok boys, this sucks, someone is profiting off selling our tickets and not only are we not getting a cut of it, we could be yanking those tickets and reselling them and making money on the new seat license charges."

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packers allow the right to season tickets to be passed on to heirs in your will. Also to be transferred during divorce proceedings. I think those should be stopped before the people selling to resellers get admonished.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe the Packers could institute a policy where no more than five games per season can be re-sold ( Except those in Military duty). In the 90's, it was rare to see a whack of opposing fans in Lambeau. Totally different now.

Also, Packers tickets often go for 2 or 3 X face value ( During good years). Fans are definitely benefiting already.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers allow the right to season tickets to be passed on to heirs in your will. Also to be transferred during divorce proceedings. I think those should be stopped before the people selling to resellers get admonished.

Divorce attorney "your wife says you can have the cars the house, the stocks and bonds, the checking and savings accounts and the kids, all she wants is the Packers tickets"

Husband "screw that, if she gets the Packer tickets she's taking the damn kids too"

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
They could start by making every season ticket holder prove they are actually the ticket holder. I know several people who are getting season tickets on peoples names who if alive, would be 120 years old.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could start by making every season ticket holder prove they are actually the ticket holder. I know several people who are getting season tickets on peoples names who if alive, would be 120 years old.

They could make single game tickets available to waitlist members too. Also remove names off the list of people who don't take seats the second time around. There needs to be a way to shorten the list, and weed out those who aren't really interested in becoming sth's.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how does the season ticket system work in green bay anyway. over here for (proper;)) football you basically used to get a book with tickets in it that you handed over when attending a game. nowadays you get a credit card size card that has an RFid chip in it or a barcode on it to scan at the turnstile as you enter, this practically stops people selling there card, as would you trust some stranger to give it back to you?

i guess i'm asking how they can know if you have used your season ticket or if you gave/sold it to someone else?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a big supporter of shortening up the list (of course because I am on it and have a long time) but in the frank reality unless the person 2ho has the seat or buys the ticket does something stupid or ridiculous do the Green Bay Packers brass really care? NO!!!!!!!

By having someone even buying the ticket for face value to start thats a sale

No matter who goes to the game they will buy something i.e. water beer chips jersey etc

Hey nfl we are constantly sold out make sure we make primetime

The list goes on

Who suffers the most is the people that WANT to go the game and will pay way over face value to the game because the greedy money hungry unloyal fans that want to make a few hundred a ticket know they will get it. Yes I may be tight in the johnnies about it but as a true fan you should be accepted as a true fan

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
because the greedy money hungry unloyal fans that want to make a few hundred a ticket know they will get it.

Good thing that this is the only place that greed and over charging and payment occurs in the NFL. If it continues, players like AR and Mack might have to start using less sugar in their coffee. :coffee:

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing that this is the only place that greed and over charging and payment occurs in the NFL. If it continues, players like AR and Mack might have to start using less sugar in their coffee. :coffee:

Yes it is a good thing that I specifically stated that was the only place greed and over charging took place...…. :tup: