Sherman's Judgment year

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is the year we will know about Mike Sherman's ability as both coach and GM in a lot of ways. The team is not that good and probably on paper worse than last year. The key will be the draft picks from the past and can they finally add something, especially on the DL. Sherman was not a good GM based on what we have seen to date. The Hunt contract especially was a disaster and you should know better than to give big long term contracts to players that are based on their potential when they have only shown flashes when they have played. Now we will need to see if Peterson, Williams, Lee and the other DL we drafted really can produce. If not it will be a long season. I have liked Sherman as a coach but never liked his good ol boy type of management where his buddies got promoted whether they were qualified or not. If he has a winning record this year I believe he is a good coach, if .500 or less we need to change.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed...few will argue that he was a phenomenal GM, but I don't think he was quite as bad as everyone said.

As a coach, I think he's done well, but as you say, it's too bad this is a defining year when the team was kicked in the pants this offseason.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think MS is a bad coach. I just don't think he is good enough to put the team among the elite. We have played way below our talent in most important games.IMO I hope he proves me wrong.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman has been loyal to assistant coaches that many Pack Fans wanted to cut up, boil in beer and onions, and grill on an open flame on game day.

It is always easy to sit back after the fact and JUDGE. Howwever, Judgement is fruit from a self appointed tree.... and it is usually rotten.

Every team, Every GM, and every coach has made mistakes. Take a look, for example at Packers history.... The Packers had a Linebacker in 1974 that the Packers chose to let him play out his option, and not re-sign him. Now.... this was after a year where that Linbacker had five interceptions, blocked seven kicks, and scored a safety.

It was a decision the Packers made to to let him play out his option.... and sign with another team.

As a Raider Fan, I thank the Packers for letting him go.

Mind you.... In retrospect, the Packers after the 1974 season needed to invest their monies on improving the other side of the ball.... That was the year of Jack Concannon, John Hadl and the world famous..... Jerry Tagge.

Anyhow.... Dan Divine should have stayed in Notre Dame... I have no Idea who the GM was for the Packers in 74, (One of you can tell me who it was.) but I do know the Pack gave me , as a Raider fan, one of my all time favorite players......

Ted "Kick em in the head." Hendricks.

Sherman, as I know him today would not let a player like Ted Hendricks get away.

RP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts