1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Shermans Future

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fondypackfan, Jan 13, 2005.

1. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I almost posted the same type of thing about the press gazette ted thompson article. That title threw me off but figured bah dont wanna be a double poster heh heh ... anyhooterz

I dunno much about this Ted guy, I do know seattle team has no heart, can not catch and I'm not sure how they've been doing on drafts but how did Grant Winstrom turn out? :-(

3. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thatmight be for the better.I don't know much about the guy. It say he does not go after many free agents,we do need some.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

I think its best to look at him not being a fan of FA that he puts that much more effort into his draft picks. I personally would rather have a team of solid draft picks who are less expensive and have that burning desire to play than have another joe johnson, but yet again you never really know cuz look at JJ and then Grady. Over all i think someone who focus's more on drafting is better than someone who tries to take other peoples leftovers.

Not TOO bad...

5. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I wonder how he was drafting on the d side? They were not much better than us were they? Just wondering...

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    cornerbacks Ken Lucas and Marcus Trufant and safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware.

Lucas, Trufant, Hamlin and Boulware are all players who were instant contributors

7. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Boulware was a heck of a pickup in the 3rd round, better then a punter atleast :D

8. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thompson was scouting the East-West Shrine game in the San Francisco Bay area and was unavailable for comment. Sherman has been in staff meetings all week and unavailable. He is scheduled to hold his season-ending news conference Friday.

This piece of the article says it all to me. This man is out scouting hands on and sherman is in green bay talking with his staff. Who is a better person for the G.M. job?
    I think getting another viewpoint in green bay drafts, could be the missing link to our poor picks as of late.

9. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds good to me ,when do we sign him! I bet that sherman has some scouts out there watching too. But I agree with you, I think it would help alot. I still think that two jobs make it to hard to do both right,there is not enough time to do both. :agree:

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Good point!! I didn't even think about that hands on aspect. Yes, I like this guy a little bit more now. :) Although in Shermans defense since I try to see both sides of the fence, he probably has his hands around Harlans leg begging not to be stripped of his GM duties.

11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The good part is that Ted was tutored under Ron Wolf during the Nineties campaign... Hopefully, we could also get Ron Wolf back under the Tent as a Consultant.... Personally, I don't see Sherman getting a contract extension.. I just don't see it.

12. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there is any question that Shermans GM duties are going to be stripped. If he stays on as the Coach, which I hope he does, will depend on if he respects and can get along with the new GM.

Later
    Leopardmech

13. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i read a couple days ago that wolf will not return to the nfl. that gb would be the best spot and he still won't because he always considered himself on top of things and he feels the game has passed him by.

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

I read the same exact quote, Wolf said the game has passed him by and that his biggest asset was knowing who was where and what not and now he knows next to nothing.

15. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good point, leopardmech. I guess a new GM would technically be Shermans boss. He needs to be held accountable. Hopefully his ego will allow this kind of arrangement, although he doesn't have much leverage right now.