Shermans Future

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I almost posted the same type of thing about the press gazette ted thompson article. That title threw me off but figured bah dont wanna be a double poster heh heh ... anyhooterz

I dunno much about this Ted guy, I do know seattle team has no heart, can not catch and I'm not sure how they've been doing on drafts but how did Grant Winstrom turn out? :-(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
Thatmight be for the better.I don't know much about the guy. It say he does not go after many free agents,we do need some.

I think its best to look at him not being a fan of FA that he puts that much more effort into his draft picks. I personally would rather have a team of solid draft picks who are less expensive and have that burning desire to play than have another joe johnson, but yet again you never really know cuz look at JJ and then Grady. Over all i think someone who focus's more on drafting is better than someone who tries to take other peoples leftovers.

TOM SILVERSTEIN said:
Since joining the Seahawks in January 2000, Thompson has run the draft and advised Holmgren on personnel matters. Among the players Thompson is responsible for bringing in through the draft are running back Shaun Alexander, guard Steve Hutchinson, receiver Darrell Jackson, cornerbacks Ken Lucas and Marcus Trufant and safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware.

Alexander, a first-round pick in 2000, led the NFC rushing with 1,696 yards and 16 touchdowns. Hutchinson, a first-round pick in 2001, has made the Pro Bowl each of the last two seasons. Jackson, Lucas, Trufant, Hamlin and Boulware are all players who were instant contributors

Not TOO bad...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cornerbacks Ken Lucas and Marcus Trufant and safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware.

Lucas, Trufant, Hamlin and Boulware are all players who were instant contributors

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson was scouting the East-West Shrine game in the San Francisco Bay area and was unavailable for comment. Sherman has been in staff meetings all week and unavailable. He is scheduled to hold his season-ending news conference Friday.

This piece of the article says it all to me. This man is out scouting hands on and sherman is in green bay talking with his staff. Who is a better person for the G.M. job?
I think getting another viewpoint in green bay drafts, could be the missing link to our poor picks as of late.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good to me ,when do we sign him! I bet that sherman has some scouts out there watching too. But I agree with you, I think it would help alot. I still think that two jobs make it to hard to do both right,there is not enough time to do both. :agree:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Thompson was scouting the East-West Shrine game in the San Francisco Bay area and was unavailable for comment. Sherman has been in staff meetings all week and unavailable. He is scheduled to hold his season-ending news conference Friday.

This piece of the article says it all to me. This man is out scouting hands on and sherman is in green bay talking with his staff. Who is a better person for the G.M. job?
I think getting another viewpoint in green bay drafts, could be the missing link to our poor picks as of late.

Good point!! I didn't even think about that hands on aspect. Yes, I like this guy a little bit more now. :) Although in Shermans defense since I try to see both sides of the fence, he probably has his hands around Harlans leg begging not to be stripped of his GM duties.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good part is that Ted was tutored under Ron Wolf during the Nineties campaign... Hopefully, we could also get Ron Wolf back under the Tent as a Consultant.... Personally, I don't see Sherman getting a contract extension.. I just don't see it.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is any question that Shermans GM duties are going to be stripped. If he stays on as the Coach, which I hope he does, will depend on if he respects and can get along with the new GM.

Later
Leopardmech

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
The good part is that Ted was tutored under Ron Wolf during the Nineties campaign... Hopefully, we could also get Ron Wolf back under the Tent as a Consultant.... Personally, I don't see Sherman getting a contract extension.. I just don't see it.

i read a couple days ago that wolf will not return to the nfl. that gb would be the best spot and he still won't because he always considered himself on top of things and he feels the game has passed him by.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
IPBprez said:

i read a couple days ago that wolf will not return to the nfl. that gb would be the best spot and he still won't because he always considered himself on top of things and he feels the game has passed him by.

I read the same exact quote, Wolf said the game has passed him by and that his biggest asset was knowing who was where and what not and now he knows next to nothing.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he stays on as the Coach, which I hope he does, will depend on if he respects and can get along with the new GM.

Very good point, leopardmech. I guess a new GM would technically be Shermans boss. He needs to be held accountable. Hopefully his ego will allow this kind of arrangement, although he doesn't have much leverage right now.

Members online

Latest posts