Sharper released

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's over with let's move on. If someone wants :tables: to pay that exhorbtant contract they deserve each other whatever they get. If no one will pay,who knows, maybe he'll be back with the Pack. Either way we need to move on, we've got a lot of work to do. Brett won't be here forever.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We knew this was bound to happen,if he didn't take a pay cut. Like Traxx say, time to move on. I'm just happy to see our great QB is comin' back!! :joy: :joy: :beer: :cheerleader: :pals: :pals: :stpat:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh great - first we hear it's possible that Fred Smoot may be headed that way - and now this.. I thought Sharper was all set to go play in Houston... What gives?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Oh great - first we hear it's possible that Fred Smoot may be headed that way - and now this.. I thought Sharper was all set to go play in Houston... What gives?

Dallas was lookin at him too...

but like packertraxx said, any team picking him up knows they're getting an underperforming safety. me personally, i didn't think sharper was as bad as everybody made him out to be last season...but definately not worth the cap hit, no question about that.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Mark Roman wasn't offered a contract,

and btw, there isn't supposed to be any smack in this forum.
So you better stop that right now!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Joeistheworstever said:
Whos going to play safety for you guys now. Mark Roman wow your d sucks

Fear not young jedi. They will move Ahmad Carroll to safety and Chris Johnson will take over safety. Roman will be better under bates.
Now flick on ur sabre and lets dance!

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think sharper was on the down side of his career. His leadership will be missed but he was really exposed last year ( so was all the defence). I just don't think he should be paid as one of the top five safeties anymore. I think it was a good move by the packers front office.

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the vikes have signed sharper....maybe the packers can sign S brian Russell from the Vikes. He is restricted but the packers won't have to give up any draft picks because he was undrafted. I know he isn't even half as good as sharper was but I think he is a little better then Trent Gamble.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hopin a Safety will be available in the Draft.....

CP? Why take a bad player off the Vikings hands....? I would take a pass on that idea. What kind of money did Sharper get? Not that I really care, just curious!

My thinking is Bates wants to start with a new slate - erase all the old guard and start over - get the younger keener, HUNGRIER players in there and explode all over whichever Team we play each week. I'm hearing that Shazor is slipping in the Draft lineups... that true?

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bates style of play would be a much needed boost for the aggressive style the Pack wants to play. We could use a few more players to compliment that too.

Members online

Latest posts