Shareholder Meeting

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhere in the bowels of Lambeau Field, some poor worker is slowly typing our rmontro in a label maker, hoping to get the RSVP before she finishes :roflmao: :p

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's held in Lambeau Field. You get to sit in the stands, and the podium is on the field. Here's something from the one when people were ticked about the Favre situation.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not me. This is the guy who set up the website and made a mint selling t-shirts, signs, and posters about keeping Favre. He gave me free signs though. I still have them. Collectors items.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. RSVP. That helps them plan ahead. As for voting, why not go over the candidate list and do a little research. You might find it interesting as to who has been tapped to be part of the larger group. It's an amazing cross section of people.
Hey, if I'm going to RSVP I might as well vote.

You better get your reservations in quick. The tables up front fill up real fast from what I hear.
Do you think I should check off fish or chicken for the provided dinner?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go with the brats & kraut. Believe it or not, the year before this meeting we met at the old auditorium? Don't remember the name of the building. But, afterwards we were all invited to watch a practice and had free food and soft drinks. Was a nice party.

The membership has gotten too large now so they don't do the big time freebies.

I kind of miss them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poor poor montro. Poor delusional montro

This is Wisconsin my good man, your only choice is do you want kraut with your brat and cheese curds.

Tables? Don't the 'rank and file' sit in the stands?

;)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a bad experience. I've been there for several meetings, and have been interviewed on TV 3 times. Also, have met a few alumni Packers that I didn't meet before.

I remember meeting John Brockington for the first time at the Packer Hall of Fame back in 2003 I think it was. He looked like he could still suit up and play, after nearly 30 years away from the game.

Then he told me about his health problems. He'd had a kidney transplant from a woman who had then become his wife. The way he told the story would sell anyone on being an organ donator. In fact, I urge everyone to do that on their drivers licenses, to give the gift of life to others. There is no greater gift that we can give.

The Packers are different. Despite the talk, and the criticism, there is no team in the NFL that can say their players are closer to the fans than Green Bay. The community is way to small for a player to hide. You are part of the community.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is Wisconsin my good man, your only choice is do you want kraut with your brat and cheese curds.
I've never been a kraut fan. I even tried to get myself to like it several months back since it's low cal and full of probiotics. I wasn't successful. I mean I could force it down, I just don't see any convincing reason to.

My dad was from Wisconsin (which is where I get my Packer fandom). I remember when I was a kid he often made sauerkraut on Sundays. Stunk up the whole house, it smelled horrible.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been a kraut fan. I even tried to get myself to like it several months back since it's low cal and full of probiotics. I wasn't successful. I mean I could force it down, I just don't see any convincing reason to.

My dad was from Wisconsin (which is where I get my Packer fandom). I remember when I was a kid he often made sauerkraut on Sundays. Stunk up the whole house, it smelled horrible.
Not everyone likes sauerkraut. There's some I like, others I don't. I'm a Bavarian sauerkraut type. The rest don't cut it to me. I think that's because when I was a kid, my Grandmother, and Mother both made the German/Bavarian type.

As long as you're not putting ketchup on any sausages you can still come into our club house. :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sauerkraut and sausage pizza is awesome. Most of that pickling taste is cooked out, and you're left with a crunchy topping with sausage.

Across the river from downtown Minneapolis is a Polish / Eastern European restaurant called Kramarczuk Sausage Company. They have a lunch counter full of awesome foods but also sell their sausages at Minnesota Twins games. It comes adorned with a fried sauerkraut/bacon mix and grilled onions. Amazing. I usually ask them to lay down a mattress of sauerkraut and onions first. When they think they are done, I keep asking for more, and more, and more until the worker looks frustrated. Then I have them put the polish sausage on top. I grab a fork, find my seat, and eat some of the best tasting food that you can find.

I'm sure that some or all of the probiotic benefits are cooked out of the sauerkraut, but who cares. It tastes so darn good.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sauerkraut and sausage pizza is awesome. Most of that pickling taste is cooked out, and you're left with a crunchy topping with sausage.

Across the river from downtown Minneapolis is a Polish / Eastern European restaurant called Kramarczuk Sausage Company. They have a lunch counter full of awesome foods but also sell their sausages at Minnesota Twins games. It comes adorned with a fried sauerkraut/bacon mix and grilled onions. Amazing. I usually ask them to lay down a mattress of sauerkraut and onions first. When they think they are done, I keep asking for more, and more, and more until the worker looks frustrated. Then I have them put the polish sausage on top. I grab a fork, find my seat, and eat some of the best tasting food that you can find.

I'm sure that some or all of the probiotic benefits are cooked out of the sauerkraut, but who cares. It tastes so darn good.
Strangely enough - because that's a different combination for a pizza - it sounds good! I guess my 1/4 German heritage is there in my eating habits.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many years of making kraut here, even lost some finger tips once. MMMM, meaty. keep the caraway seeds out though please :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am most definitely not from Chicago, and I am no fan of ketchup either. and after rarely eating it for at least 10-15 years, I had some the other day and it was too sweet for me. I save sweet for ice cream.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you from Chicago??? Ketchup is accepted EVERYWHERE as a delicious, necessary condiment...except Chicago. ;)
NO! NO! NO! No ketchup! Do you put ketchup on a steak? Do you put it on lobster? How about shrimp? Crab legs? It's blasphemy!

You don't try to hide the scrumptious flavor of a good Sheboygan style brat with ketchup. You enhance it with condiments.

Germans don't put ketchup on their brats. Only "some" Wisconsinites do. But, if you share your brats, I'll forgive you. :)

Chicago? Actually, I was a cop in that neck of the woods. I will admit that I learned to love Vienna sausages nearly as much as brats, but not quite as much. When you've got the Vienna stands everywhere you look, and you're hungry, you begin acquiring a taste for them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No ketchup! Do you put ketchup on a steak? Do you put it on lobster? How about shrimp? Crab legs? It's blasphemy!
When my dad got me a step-mom, her little brats would put ketchup on roast beef. I do like it occasionally on mashed potatoes. It also enhances instant or condensed chicken soups.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats why I eat it cold. Always have a jar of Franks in the Fridge since my parents stopped making their own. Now that was some good stuff. I embellish it a bit with some bacon crumbles to give it just a bit more flavor.
NO! NO! NO! No ketchup! Do you put ketchup on a steak? Do you put it on lobster? How about shrimp? Crab legs? It's blasphemy!

You don't try to hide the scrumptious flavor of a good Sheboygan style brat with ketchup. You enhance it with condiments.

Germans don't put ketchup on their brats. Only "some" Wisconsinites do. But, if you share your brats, I'll forgive you. :)

Chicago? Actually, I was a cop in that neck of the woods. I will admit that I learned to love Vienna sausages nearly as much as brats, but not quite as much. When you've got the Vienna stands everywhere you look, and you're hungry, you begin acquiring a taste for them.
Yup ketchup goes on anything. Gotta doctor it up a bit first. Some liquid smoke and garlic powder and its good to go maybe a dash of franks red hot.

I never had a taste for chicago style dogs. I'd take an oscar meyer over them. We had a local meat market though that made the best hot dogs so we were a bit spoiled.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's be realistic about the Packers' board. It does not function like it used to back in the day. The Packers president really runs the show - Mark Murphy these days. Changing who is on the board of directors won't really affect any change with how the team is run. On-field performance is the real driver, although fan sentiment if strong enough could force a change in management. Being on the board these days is a status symbol and just a necessary by-product of having a publicly held team.

In the end I'm saying that it really doesn't matter either way if you vote or not, but for the Packers specifically I don't think that uniformed voting makes things any better or worse. The vote outcome and Board composition has no bearing on what you see each Sunday.
Good point and one of the drawbacks of public ownership. Now the Packers have put up 30 years of fantastic football. It wasn't always so. The current makeup of the board is irrelevant, these people are placeholders. Murphy makes the decisions. And that's dangerous. If the Packers sink back to mediocrity one-man rule makes change difficult. He had no problem firing MM, but MM wasn't "his guy" anyway. What if MLF's performance slips (heaven forbid!). Remember the nine years Bart Starr was HC (bless his kind soul and RIP)?

But that's the way it is in GB. Kind of brings up the question - who submitted and approved Murphy's hire? Who interviewed him? My guess is it was largely done by his predecessor, Bob Harlan. Anyone have better information? I'm guessing here. And FWIW, I'm not crazy about Murphy. He strikes me as full of himself. People like that are slow to admit their own mistakes.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Board of Directors votes on the seven-member Executive Committee, therefore they could replace Murphy if they wanted to.
I didn't know about the seven-member EC. Are these football people, business people, both? In other words, can we trust them to replace Murphy if things go downhill?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they have the power? Yes.

However, the Packers continue to stay very financially healthy under leadership the past few decades. Winning will do that, but they also developed a culture and brand that can endure some losing seasons.
Yeah well between Vince Lombardi and Bob Harlan, we saw two decades of incompetent football. That's a long time to wait.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have repeatedly mentioned in the past, Murphy has done an excellent job regarding the business side. He should stay out of football decisions though.

With that being said I don't see any reason to consider replacing him.
I agree with you Cap. Murphy is fine as far as business. But saying the president should stay out of football decisions, while correct in this case, probably won't work. IMO Murphy has a big ego, most CEO-types do. Is he really going to delegate football decisions to Gluten, MLF, and Russ Ball? Maybe, but there's bound to be differences, and the big boss wins those decisions. There's no vote.

It only worries me in a post-Rodgers world. Aside from all the other talent on the roster, that changes fast. I'd feel better if Murphy truly let Gluten and MLF make the football decisions and Russ Ball handle the cap. I just don't see it happening.

And finally, a president or CEO who only knows the business side of any operation will fail. He or she must understand the product (the team) and the customers as well.

I guess we should enjoy a Rodgers' led team while he's here.......

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a bad experience. I've been there for several meetings, and have been interviewed on TV 3 times. Also, have met a few alumni Packers that I didn't meet before.

I remember meeting John Brockington for the first time at the Packer Hall of Fame back in 2003 I think it was. He looked like he could still suit up and play, after nearly 30 years away from the game.

Then he told me about his health problems. He'd had a kidney transplant from a woman who had then become his wife. The way he told the story would sell anyone on being an organ donator. In fact, I urge everyone to do that on their drivers licenses, to give the gift of life to others. There is no greater gift that we can give.

The Packers are different. Despite the talk, and the criticism, there is no team in the NFL that can say their players are closer to the fans than Green Bay. The community is way to small for a player to hide. You are part of the community.
How long have you been a shareholder?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Me neither. I'm also one of those that likes ketchup on a brat (ducking...).

Members online

Latest posts