SF 49ers: Last Six Weeks

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was meaning in past, but it is a back issue and those linger. He was Limited P on Tue and didn't practice today
Thanks Ty. I forgot it was his back, and those do linger much like hamstring injuries. We listen to you Goose. What's your prediction for the score Sat. night? I've got Packers 30, Niners 20.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Ty. I forgot it was his back, and those do linger much like hamstring injuries. We listen to you Goose. What's your prediction for the score Sat. night? I've got Packers 30, Niners 20.
Unfortunately he hurt his back on his only snap against a useless game against Detroit. What are the odds, huh?

You know I hate predictions but since you asked kindly. Packers 35 Niners 17. I predict Crosby will give us 2 fgs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately he hurt his back on his only snap against a useless game against Detroit. What are the odds, huh?

You know I hate predictions but since you asked kindly. Packers 35 Niners 17. I predict Crosby will give us 2 fgs.
Thanks for breaking with practice Goose. I like your prediction much more. And Crosby hitting two FGs would be huge for his confidence, which I think is his biggest issue.

Ty - do you have a prediction?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's a good plan but will be a challenge to execute. It means stopping Deebo, or at least slowing him down enough to get the Niners in a few third and long situations where JG has to throw. It would help if the Packers can score early as well. We'll see.

The Packers first and foremost have to contain Mitchell and Kittle. If they can achieve that I'm not worried about Deebo beating them.

yeah, i don't think all three of those guys will all be playing. turner is the only one who practiced yesterday, and when mlf gave his answer about bakh in his press conference he looked down and to his left when answering, which often indicates that someone is being untruthful or deceptive. we'll see, but i'm not confident that any of them will be playing tbh. makes for a good story though.

Myers isn't even listed on the injury report anymore. He will definitely play on Saturday. I'm worried about Bakhtiari as well though.

He will be in don't worry. Jones didn't practice yesterday but will be ready by Sat.

I'm not sure if you meant to type Jones but he was a full participant in both practices so far this week.

There's always plenty of drama goose! I like what you outline though. Any word on MVS? I'm assuming he'll be playing.

MVS not being able to practice yesterday isn't a great sign for his availability on Saturday.

He practiced today in full pads. I think yesterday's day off was precautionary and doesn't give any indication of his status for Saturday.

Bakhtiari was listed as a limited participant in yesterday's practice. We'll see how much he will be able to put in today.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers first and foremost have to contain Mitchell and Kittle. If they can achieve that I'm not worried about Deebo beating them.

Myers isn't even listed on the injury report anymore. He will definitely play on Saturday. I'm worried about Bakhtiari as well though.

I'm not sure if you meant to type Jones but he was a full participant in both practices so far this week.

MVS not being able to practice yesterday isn't a great sign for his availability on Saturday.

Bakhtiari was listed as a limited participant in yesterday's practice. We'll see how much he will be able to put in today.
That's an interesting comment on not being worried about Deebo if Kittle/Mitchell are contained. I didn't address Kittle, but yeah he is arguably the best TE in the NFL and has to be accounted for, especially AFTER the catch. I don't know much about Mitchell. Let's just say the D will have its hands full with the Niners.

And thanks for the update on MVS. That's not good news. Then again, with temps expected around single digits, the long pass game is gonna be minimized for both teams. And advantage to Rodgers here anyway. Lazard can still get deep if Rodgers spots a favorable D alignment.

My hope is that the Packers have a large enough lead late in Q4 that they don't have to count on Crosby. He played better as the season closed, and he's been reliable in the playoffs. I'd just rather not have to take that chance.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an interesting comment on not being worried about Deebo if Kittle/Mitchell are contained. I didn't address Kittle, but yeah he is arguably the best TE in the NFL and has to be accounted for, especially AFTER the catch. I don't know much about Mitchell. Let's just say the D will have its hands full with the Niners.
If Packers draw too much containment it will force a draw by Niners which would force their run game and not allowing flat plays but force Kittle to block strong side only if secondary does their job. That is how I see it played out against Grap. Not worried about their pass but Packers just need to stop their run. Again it all depends on secondary.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Packers draw too much containment it will force a draw by Niners which would force their run game and not allowing flat plays but force Kittle to block strong side only if secondary does their job. That is how I see it played out against Grap. Not worried about their pass but Packers just need to stop their run. Again it all depends on secondary.
I think you're right Goose - whatever it takes to keep their running game under 100 yards. More than 100 yards and it gets dicey. The Packers can of course counter with a solid one/two punch with Jones and Dillon. I agree Jimmy G passing is not a concern. It may lead to a pic or two. But he only threw 8 times when they beat us two years ago. It seems simple - stop the run, or at least keep it in check.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're right Goose - whatever it takes to keep their running game under 100 yards. More than 100 yards and it gets dicey. The Packers can of course counter with a solid one/two punch with Jones and Dillon. I agree Jimmy G passing is not a concern. It may lead to a pic or two. But he only threw 8 times when they beat us two years ago. It seems simple - stop the run, or at least keep it in check.
Also, since they will be heavily dependent on run I wouldn't be surprised if they use Deebo pick up some rushing yards and try to catch Packers off guard on the pass plays.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He practiced today in full pads. I think yesterday's day off was precautionary and doesn't give any indication of his status for Saturday.
Great news Pack, thanks. Bakh adds so much to that line. Protects AR and opens up gaps for Jones and Dillon. It sounds like Myers will play, not so sure about Turner.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Great news Pack, thanks. Bakh adds so much to that line. Protects AR and opens up gaps for Jones and Dillon. It sounds like Myers will play, not so sure about Turner.
Unfortunately though it appears as if he may not have practiced today...

We'll know more when we get the game status designations in a couple hours.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately though it appears as if he may not have practiced today...

We'll know more when we get the game status designations in a couple hours.
Bakh didn't practice today? That would not be good news. Not all of their practices are open to the press, right? I guess I'm just looking for hope that Bakh, Myers, and Turner play. We'll probably find out Saturday night.

Even if the Packers got none of the injured players back, I'm sure they can beat the Niners. Garropolo has a loose bone fragment in his throwing hand and a strained thumb ligament. Even he said it is very painful. And then he hurt his throwing shoulder against Dallas. Add that to game time temps in the low teens to single digits, and it doesn't look so good for Jimmy G. He's not the real threat anyway, but they need some kind of credible passing game to keep the Packers from blitzing.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakh didn't practice today? That would not be good news. Not all of their practices are open to the press, right? I guess I'm just looking for hope that Bakh, Myers, and Turner play. We'll probably find out Saturday night.

Even if the Packers got none of the injured players back, I'm sure they can beat the Niners. Garropolo has a loose bone fragment in his throwing hand and a strained thumb ligament. Even he said it is very painful. And then he hurt his throwing shoulder against Dallas. Add that to game time temps in the low teens to single digits, and it doesn't look so good for Jimmy G. He's not the real threat anyway, but they need some kind of credible passing game to keep the Packers from blitzing.
he is questionable so there is some hope. MVS is doubtful.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is questionable so there is some hope. MVS is doubtful.
I gotta believe they'll put Jimmy out there. 75% of their game plan is to run, and I'm sure he can hand off. It does give the Packers D the luxury of cheating to the run. Or the Niners could play Lance. JG would have to be in pretty bad shape for that to happen.

As for MVS, that's a bummer, just not his year. Then again, he's mainly a deep threat, and if it's that cold, I don't think there will be a lot off passes much over 20-25 yards. Save him for the SB!

Thanks Goose.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta believe they'll put Jimmy out there. 75% of their game plan is to run, and I'm sure he can hand off. It does give the Packers D the luxury of cheating to the run. Or the Niners could play Lance. JG would have to be in pretty bad shape for that to happen.

As for MVS, that's a bummer, just not his year. Then again, he's mainly a deep threat, and if it's that cold, I don't think there will be a lot off passes much over 20-25 yards. Save him for the SB!

Thanks Goose.
No Bahk is questionable. No doubt Jim is playing. And you’re welcome!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Bahk is questionable. No doubt Jim is playing. And you’re welcome!
Got it, thanks. Questionable is usually team-talk for "he'll play but we don't want you to know that for sure." Doubtful usually means out. Well, like I said, I feel good about the team that went 13-4 against the Niners. Against the Rams or Bucs, we'll need as many of those guys back as possible.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks Goose.
He is valuable in the running game being our most efficient run blockers in the WR room this year - even better than Lazard.

In other news this year May very well have us keeping MVS around affordable into the future or maybe one year prove it price

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is valuable in the running game being our most efficient run blockers in the WR room this year - even better than Lazard.

In other news this year May very well have us keeping MVS around affordable into the future or maybe one year prove it price
As long as we have Bakh I think our scoring chances are much greater. Just fortunate that Lazard is a good blocker.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we have Bakh I think our scoring chances are much greater. Just fortunate that Lazard is a good blocker.

Well of course, just saying MVS has a role he’s proven well behind just fly routes as some think.

I am hopeful Bakh will be able to go and if so I concur our OL and run game due to it will be solid

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well of course, just saying MVS has a role he’s proven well behind just fly routes as some think.

I am hopeful Bakh will be able to go and if so I concur our OL and run game due to it will be solid
I got you, buddy. Wasn’t trying to give you a hard time. Just shooting the **** with you.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not trying to be a Debbie downer here, I truly think the Packers can and will win, but.................. if you turn this thread around and make it " Packers the last 6 weeks" ...................honestly there is not much to like.

Reaction score
I am not trying to be a Debbie downer here, I truly think the Packers can and will win, but.................. if you turn this thread around and make it " Packers the last 6 weeks" ...................honestly there is not much to like.
Really? The last 6 games we Played
Rams and Won
Bears and Won
Browns and Won
Ravens and Won
Vikings and Won

Then played the Lions and pulled our starters by halftime to prepare for our Divisional.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams and Won
Bears and Won
Browns and Won
Ravens and Won
Vikings and Won

Then played the Lions and pulled our starters by halftime to prepare for our Divisional.
Remember… if you are evaluating some other team… we look at Wins or losses. for example… The 49ers beat the Cowboys by 6 points. Obviously the 49ers are a formidable team that God himself should fear. The Cowboys lost by 6…. they suck. However, when evaluating the Packers if they make a single play that is not absolutely perfect, Wins are no longer important… because all those games could have been losses. Now in all seriousness, it is important to recognize your weaknesses, but sometimes we miss the bigger picture. The Packers got the number 1 seed for a reason. Are they beatable? Yep. But they are also capable of beating anyone.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams and Won
Bears and Won
Browns and Won
Ravens and Won
Vikings and Won

The Rams game was 7 weeks ago. None of the other teams made the playoffs and they faced a rookie, 2 back ups and a guy with a torn labrum and still almost lost 2 of those games.

Reaction score
The Rams game was 7 weeks ago. None of the other teams made the playoffs and they faced a rookie, 2 back ups and a guy with a torn labrum and still almost lost 2 of those games.
It’s still the last 6 contests. Now you want to blame the Packers for a bye week and We’re going to exclude the Rams?? Really ? This is getting ridiculous.
Buy a SF Jersey if it makes you feel better. Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts