SF 49ers: Last Six Weeks

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned by several posters in this thread the Packers need to stop the run and make Garoppolo beat them. If the Niners need to rely on their quarterback to win the game I don't think they stand a chance.
It's a good plan but will be a challenge to execute. It means stopping Deebo, or at least slowing him down enough to get the Niners in a few third and long situations where JG has to throw. It would help if the Packers can score early as well. We'll see.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent post and observations
Now we just need the win, eh Ty? I'm pretty sure the Packers get the W. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens in a way we aren't expecting, or maybe a contribution form a player we aren't really looking at. I don't care as long as it's a W.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we just need the win, eh Ty? I'm pretty sure the Packers get the W. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens in a way we aren't expecting, or maybe a contribution form a player we aren't really looking at. I don't care as long as it's a W.

I've predicted 34-24 W - with no one up by more than one possession until the 4th. I also predicted Big Dog sees a red zone TD his way :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've predicted 34-24 W - with no one up by more than one possession until the 4th. I also predicted Big Dog sees a red zone TD his way :)
I can certainly live with this outcome. And it makes sense. GB controls TOP, wears out the SF D by Q4, and scores a few CDs to put this thing away. Would LOVE to see a TD pass to the Big Dog!

Tminus6453

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49'ers were the last opponent i was hoping we would play, this year has to be different, it just has to, no excuses

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49'ers were the last opponent i was hoping we would play, this year has to be different, it just has to, no excuses
I don't like playing the Niners either, same with the Vikings. And you're right, this has to be a W. It's close, and each team has its strengths and weak areas, but we have a huge edge at QB, and out running game should match up with that of the Niners. Hard to see how GB doesn't win by 10 or more points. Although I'll take any win, anyway. No excuses.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers can protect Rodgers (and he can protect himself), he will shred their secondary. And if he does that, and puts their offense off-script, Garoppolo will fall apart. That's the path back to the NFCCG. If the offense sputters because of negative plays, and the 49ers can just lean on the GB defense, it's going to be a very long game.
I've been saying that the whole time but nobody wants to take Mongoose serious. On a serious note though I mentioned our O will destroy them and this will be a lopsided game in favor of the Packers. I have no worries about this one.Brady on the other hand...that is going to be a tough one.
As for D, all they have to do is put pressure on Garfunkel and the run and it's all down hill from there. G4BW

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying that the whole time but nobody wants to take Mongoose serious. On a serious note though I mentioned our O will destroy them and this will be a lopsided game in favor of the Packers. I have no worries about this one.Brady on the other hand...that is going to be a tough one.
As for D, all they have to do is put pressure on Garfunkel and the run and it's all down hill from there. G4BW
I hope you're right Mongoose and see no reason to doubt you. Rodgers should be able to tear apart the Niners lousy secondary. The OL is gonna have to up their game against that Niners front 4, but if Bakh, Myers and Turner are back, that should not be a problem. Hell, with the way the OL is playing, it may not matter how many guys they get back.

And I have a hunch the Rams will knock off the Bucs in Tampa. Bucs missing way too many big pieces on O - Godwin, Brown, Fournette (coming back from a hamstring injury). Rams versus Packers at Lambeau for the NFCCG. Love it!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like this year will be different too. Whether that means we break thru to the Super Bowl, or we're one-and-done, remains to be seen.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right Mongoose and see no reason to doubt you. Rodgers should be able to tear apart the Niners lousy secondary. The OL is gonna have to up their game against that Niners front 4, but if Bakh, Myers and Turner are back, that should not be a problem. Hell, with the way the OL is playing, it may not matter how many guys they get back.

And I have a hunch the Rams will knock off the Bucs in Tampa. Bucs missing way too many big pieces on O - Godwin, Brown, Fournette (coming back from a hamstring injury). Rams versus Packers at Lambeau for the NFCCG. Love it!
The return of Bak, Myer, and Turner would improve our overall O line team stats and help give Rod some more time to find his targets. He shouldn't have any problems against their secondary anyway since we do have lots of talent with our receivers. With Cobb back our receivers will open up the field with Lazard and Adams playing deep while Jones and Cobb can play flat with slants and cause Niners defense to do Up-Downs every 5 yards.

With that said I have no idea who is playing in the playoffs. I'm just going by what you guys are sayings. I'm just here for the drama!

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OL is gonna have to up their game against that Niners front 4, but if Bakh, Myers and Turner are back, that should not be a problem.
yeah, i don't think all three of those guys will all be playing. turner is the only one who practiced yesterday, and when mlf gave his answer about bakh in his press conference he looked down and to his left when answering, which often indicates that someone is being untruthful or deceptive. we'll see, but i'm not confident that any of them will be playing tbh. makes for a good story though.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i don't think all three of those guys will all be playing. turner is the only one who practiced yesterday, and when mlf gave his answer about bakh in his press conference he looked down and to his left when answering, which often indicates that someone is being untruthful or deceptive. we'll see, but i'm not confident that any of them will be playing tbh. makes for a good story though.
He will be in don't worry. Jones didn't practice yesterday but will be ready by Sat.

Reaction score
Right now it’s anyone’s guess. However Bakhtiari was schedule to practice today (Wed) and Matt said they’d get a better evaluation afterwards. I think we can expect at least 2 of those 3 OL starting. 50/50 chance maybe all 3. We watched 2 of them play a half game and now also practice. I think they looked fine.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Bakh didn't practice yesterday. Tells me he may still have fluid on the knee again, not a good sign. I do think Myers and Turner will play. Or maybe that's just hope.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The return of Bak, Myer, and Turner would improve our overall O line team stats and help give Rod some more time to find his targets. He shouldn't have any problems against their secondary anyway since we do have lots of talent with our receivers. With Cobb back our receivers will open up the field with Lazard and Adams playing deep while Jones and Cobb can play flat with slants and cause Niners defense to do Up-Downs every 5 yards.

With that said I have no idea who is playing in the playoffs. I'm just going by what you guys are sayings. I'm just here for the drama!
There's always plenty of drama goose! I like what you outline though. Any word on MVS? I'm assuming he'll be playing. That opens up the middle of the field for Adams, Cobb, Lazard, Jones, maybe Dillon. If MVS is available he's the long threat. And that's the way to do it. Grind out drives on the ground, use short slants to keep the chains moving, throw the occasional bomb if they show single high safety, score TDs and eat clock.

Sounds like the weather might be single digits for the game. That's gonna mean the run dominates. And that's gonna make it harder on the finesse guys like Deebo. He does best on dry turf or in a dome. The field will be slick and more suited to Dillon's style and to some extent Jones, although he relies on quick changes in direction too.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I heard Bakh didn't practice yesterday. Tells me he may still have fluid on the knee again, not a good sign. I do think Myers and Turner will play. Or maybe that's just hope.
He practiced today in full pads. I think yesterday's day off was precautionary and doesn't give any indication of his status for Saturday.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's always plenty of drama goose! I like what you outline though. Any word on MVS? I'm assuming he'll be playing. That opens up the middle of the field for Adams, Cobb, Lazard, Jones, maybe Dillon. If MVS is available he's the long threat. And that's the way to do it. Grind out drives on the ground, use short slants to keep the chains moving, throw the occasional bomb if they show single high safety, score TDs and eat clock.

Sounds like the weather might be single digits for the game. That's gonna mean the run dominates. And that's gonna make it harder on the finesse guys like Deebo. He does best on dry turf or in a dome. The field will be slick and more suited to Dillon's style and to some extent Jones, although he relies on quick changes in direction too.
Not sure what is going on with MVS. He is expected to practice tomorrow, unless he calls in sick because he wants to play Minecraft or something.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pay attention more. Dude has been injured and legitly.
Thanks - I'll check the news on his status. Would be great to have him available. His name never seems to come up in the injury report. I guess that could be good or bad. We need him.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks - I'll check the news on his status. Would be great to have him available. His name never seems to come up in the injury report. I guess that could be good or bad. We need him.
if he has full practice tomorrow he should be good. He was "limited" on Tuesday. He probably went to get some acupuncture today to relieve his back pain.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was meaning in past, but it is a back issue and those linger. He was Limited P on Tue and didn't practice today

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was meaning in past, but it is a back issue and those linger. He was Limited P on Tue and didn't practice today
I swear you guys don't listen to the Goose. I'm a reliable source with a grain of salt but a source nonetheless!

Members online

Latest posts