Seriously there must be something in the water up there!!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the stokes pick. Go read the story about his first practice. He was warned "don't get beat on the 9 route" (it's similar to what king got burned on in the nfccg).

The story ends with "and Stokes never did get beat on a 9 route".

If last year was a "F-U" to AR, King has to be sitting here like "WTF" right now.

Honest to God, King has the tools but gets lazy IMO. If he is playing up to his ceiling and Stokes is even half the prospect we hope, 2021 this team could have a VERY scary good DB unit and allow Jaire to do some freelancing around.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
S

I think Mondio said that he's a "fan of the Packers, not one guy" (I'm paraphrasing so I probably shouldn't use quotation marks but Mondio has been snotty to me in the past, so... ya know).
But you deserve it

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
p.s. most of us get snotty with each other from time to time. It’s our humanity on display.

It's a sport, my man. It's what brothers do. :whistling: In my huge family of kids growing up, my Dad used to call it "hit and run". :sneaky: I still do that - I can't help myself.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a sport, my man. It's what brothers do. :whistling: In my huge family of kids growing up, my Dad used to call it "hit and run". :sneaky: I still do that - I can't help myself.
I can totally relate to that.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well folks it’s that time of year again! Time for the Packers to do something so stupid it makes you embarrassed your root for the team… And here we go!!! The front office is seriously stating they’re not a bunch of idiots… But it seems to me they are incredible idiots!! Where is the stability in this organization at the front office it just seems to be always haphazard. Not since Ron Wolf and Bob Harlan have we had anything that actually made sense and was stable and not often left field all the time… Now we got giant idiots running the show again! I can only pray that they fix this... Why oh why would you go to great links to resign Aaron Jones and not keep Aaron Rodgers happy!!??

Uh, they've had a very stable front office for many years because the front office has been so successful. Ron Wolf was, Ted Thompson was, and so far, Gute has as well. Maybe you need to go follow some "non stupid" team for a while to get a sense of what you're missing.

And here is an important life lesson for you: You can't MAKE someone happy. If Rodgers is upset and wants the team to commit to him forever, at 37, as he talks all the time about doing a gameshow while playing, that's on him. The team isn't the Green Bay Rodgers, and they have every right to plan for the future. It's up to him how he wants to take it.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL Don't talk to yourself like that. He was ranged as high as 29 and as low as the 50s by most that put forth more effort than anyone on this board. He was my CB 5 and was the 6th drafted this year (Farely dropped below him with back issues for me).

I'm just honestly being curious as I haven't put much or any time into prospects this offseason but who had Stokes ranked as a first round prospect?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just honestly being curious as I haven't put much or any time into prospects this offseason but who had Stokes ranked as a first round prospect?

Just buzzed through a few sources quick, TDN, PFN, NFL.com and they all had him mid to late 40's on big board. Reasonable pick. Yeah, they maybe could've moved back a little bit and still got him ifffff a willing trade partner existed, but that's some Madden min-maxing with picks. He wasn't going to be available at the end of the 2nd.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I lost the mocks I found--I was looking at them last night when I should have been in bed.

I saw one that had Stokes going as early as 24th (I think that's right?) to the Steelers. Sadly, I cannot cite a source without slogging through my browsing history. Perhaps tonight after work.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I lost the mocks I found--I was looking at them last night when I should have been in bed.

I saw one that had Stokes going as early as 24th (I think that's right?) to the Steelers. Sadly, I cannot cite a source without slogging through my browsing history. Perhaps tonight after work.

I think the links are in the Stokes thread.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently Gutekunst’s draft board. The alternative is that they had a lower grade on Stokes, couldn’t work a deal to trade down, and didn’t want anyone as much as Stokes and reached on him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did, I believe many of us had him upper second at worst. Most of us had him around that CB5 to CB 9 ranked range.

I mocked him twice I believe

MNCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, I don't follow college football. I don't watch ESPN or any of the talking head shows - so, the draft is a non-event in my world and I can stay the heck away from the forum. THEN, AND THEN, our team ego-centrist feeds a story to one of the NFL press' leading "bloody meat in a shark tank" guys, 4 freepin' hours before the draft to make himself the story of the day and here we are...talking about him ... he learned alot from Favre.

Seriously folks, if you didn't see this in Aaron's personality, that this day would be coming ... well, here he is. Not good or bad ... just what he is.

I think Mondio said that he's a "fan of the Packers, not one guy" (I'm paraphrasing so I probably shouldn't use quotation marks but Mondio has been snotty to me in the past, so... ya know). I'm that guy too. Rodgers will hold the Packers feet to the spending cap's fire and kill them with dollar signs in my opinion - he wants out and I don't care what the Pack do with him as long as they get compensated handsomely.

If Rodgers continues to be an a-hole, let him sit out and then add another year to that contract before he can become a free agent. If nothing else, if he does show up and doesn't "PLAY", but the 3rd team O-line in front of him and let the feeding frenzy begin. In case you can't tell, I'm not a fan of Aaron Rodgers, I'm a fan of the player #12-the commodity, remember, it's "a business decision" to both sides of these little purse swinging contests. I'm 62 years old. Went to my first Packers game in 1965, which I barely remember, but come September --- whether or not Rodgers gets the sand out of his ******, a full team of Green and Gold will run onto Lambeau.

MNCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time poster here. Have been reading from this forum for many years but finally signed up after yesterdays fiasco. I agree with everything Weeds has said and I also have admired Rodgers talent on the field but never been a fan of his personality. Obviously I don't know anything about the man in person...but I do remember a while back in a post game interveiw that Rodgers said "as long as I'm the QB of the Green Bay Packers...we have a chance to win. Well, what about the rest of the team!! After that comment, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. I hope we move on from him, and get a huge haul back in return. Now ,as far as the FO is concerned, they are to blame in this also. I had to laugh last night when they showed a brief clip of the Packer war room during their pick...and Murphy was just standing their staring at the camera like he hated being their. Then a bit later ,they showed him and Gutey standing side by side looking like they were in a morgue. No emotion, no smiles or patting on the back..it was so cold. What I'm most afraid after all this plays out ...is GB will will be the last place free agents will want to come too and play .Not to mention the fallout of Adams or Jaire not willing to resign with us. If Gutey is going to get this reputation of being hard *** ,who will want to come here. I have no idea who our starting QB will be opening day. Regardless, I'm a 61 year old Die hard fan who love the Packers .... Go Pack Go!!!

Reaction score
See, I don't follow college football. I don't watch ESPN or any of the talking head shows - so, the draft is a non-event in my world and I can stay the heck away from the forum. THEN, AND THEN, our team ego-centrist feeds a story to one of the NFL press' leading "bloody meat in a shark tank" guys, 4 freepin' hours before the draft to make himself the story of the day and here we are...talking about him ... he learned alot from Favre.

Seriously folks, if you didn't see this in Aaron's personality, that this day would be coming ... well, here he is. Not good or bad ... just what he is.

I think Mondio said that he's a "fan of the Packers, not one guy" (I'm paraphrasing so I probably shouldn't use quotation marks but Mondio has been snotty to me in the past, so... ya know). I'm that guy too. Rodgers will hold the Packers feet to the spending cap's fire and kill them with dollar signs in my opinion - he wants out and I don't care what the Pack do with him as long as they get compensated handsomely.

If Rodgers continues to be an a-hole, let him sit out and then add another year to that contract before he can become a free agent. If nothing else, if he does show up and doesn't "PLAY", but the 3rd team O-line in front of him and let the feeding frenzy begin. In case you can't tell, I'm not a fan of Aaron Rodgers, I'm a fan of the player #12-the commodity, remember, it's "a business decision" to both sides of these little purse swinging contests. I'm 62 years old. Went to my first Packers game in 1965, which I barely remember, but come September --- whether or not Rodgers gets the sand out of his ******, a full team of Green and Gold will run onto Lambeau.
This is just aggravating. I understand the disagreeing with recent decisions. But this waiting until draft night and now saying he’s going to retire if he doesn’t get his way? I’ve seen 13 year olds with more maturity and that’s not exaggerating! Aaron Rodgers was given a chance by this franchise and he’s had many opportunities to shine. This is how he thanks his own employer?
I’m sorry if I hurt someone’s feelings, but there’s still a thing called “earning someone’s respect if you demand respect” and “doing the next right thing”. Aaron Rodgers has done neither.. even if GB snubbed him or even made a premature miscalculation? Is this how you treat people? This only shows me one thing.. Aaron Rodgers shows a pattern of vindictiveness that goes all the way back to his childhood.
I’m not sure I can be a fan of someone that is so arrogant. He’s definitely no Bart Starr or Michael Jordan or Tom Brady or JJ Watt. Those guys are TRUE Champions and they were (are)good influences on the next generation of kids. IMO, Rodgers has some distorted view of being a Champion. As fans, We each deserve better than this crapping on his own family once again.

I can do without Aaron Rodgers. Defended him too long. Move on from this guy before his bad attitude and spirit of unforgiving spreads like a disease. Maybe one day he’ll grow up. I’ll pray for that to happen for him, but that doesn’t mean I need to watch him or support him or hang out with it.
I’ve got options that don’t involve that.

People are hurting right now and he’s the epitome of selfishness. The guys all about himself and it’s lost it’s luster.

Thank You for allowing me to ramble. It’s been building up like a pimple

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honest to God, King has the tools but gets lazy IMO. If he is playing up to his ceiling and Stokes is even half the prospect we hope, 2021 this team could have a VERY scary good DB unit and allow Jaire to do some freelancing around.
Sounded shocking. But I read an article (can’t find it now) how they think King and Stokes will sometimes line up perimeter. That would allow a much more physical Alexander to get physical in the Slot and play more aggressive in the box. Basically freeing Alexander to create disruption underneath.

If King holds his own again and they can do that by picking and choosing teams to create those type favorable matchups? This pick could pay off big time.

I was initially upset over this selection (some of that was Rodgers carryover) But several posters got me researching Stokes. He’s a rare, rare physical talent. Maybe the fastest CB we’ve had, including Shields. He’s a great blend of height and speed and range..but may need some refining in the technical areas.

Last edited:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mondio has been snotty to everyone before, especially when you criticize anyone other than the player, but then again haven’t we all been snotty to each other on this board before? Or is that Amish, I swear they are the same poster sometimes.

anyway, I don’t know what the hell I am rambling about at this point

D

Deleted member 6794

I did, I believe many of us had him upper second at worst. Most of us had him around that CB5 to CB 9 ranked range.

I mocked him twice I believe

No disrespect tyni, but you mentioned that Stokes was ranked a first round pick by people that put forth more effort than anyone on this board. Therefore I was interested in who you were talking about.

Obviously I don't know anything about the man in person...but I do remember a while back in a post game interveiw that Rodgers said "as long as I'm the QB of the Green Bay Packers...we have a chance to win. Well, what about the rest of the team!! After that comment, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. What I'm most afraid after all this plays out ...is GB will will be the last place free agents will want to come too and play .Not to mention the fallout of Adams or Jaire not willing to resign with us. If Gutey is going to get this reputation of being hard *** ,who will want to come here.

While Rodgers most likely shouldn't say something like that he's correct about it. I don't believe the situation will have an affect on free agents wanting to sign with the Packers in the future.

He’s definitely no Bart Starr or Michael Jordan or Tom Brady or JJ Watt. Those guys are TRUE Champions and they were (are)good influences on the next generation of kids.

JJ Watt hasn't won a championship and I lost a lot of respect for him as well after he signed with the Cardinals.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No disrespect tyni, but you mentioned that Stokes was ranked a first round pick by people that put forth more effort than anyone on this board. Therefore I was interested in who you were talking about.

While Rodgers most likely shouldn't say something like that he's correct about it. I don't believe the situation will have an affect on free agents wanting to sign with the Packers in the future.

JJ Watt hasn't won a championship and I lost a lot of respect for him as well after he signed with the Cardinals.

Oh sorry misunderstood. He lived in that lower 30s to 50s ranking for most pundits out there. I remember when the news about Farely's back broke, many felt Stokes could easily now be a 1st rounder. He lived in the late 1st early 2nd world mostly

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Gutekunst’s draft board. The alternative is that they had a lower grade on Stokes, couldn’t work a deal to trade down, and didn’t want anyone as much as Stokes and reached on him.

Well dang it, when will Gute wise up and just let the Kipers of the world draft for him? Doesn't he know those guys know best?!

Members online

Latest posts