Seriously, can you imagine THIS?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have read some chatter regarding the New England Patriots possibly going 16-0 this year.

They bring back their same offense, only better as they added a very good WR in Brandon Lloyd.
But like us, they added some instant studs on defense with a pair of 1st round additions on defense.

They were very similar to us last year.... led by the passing game of #12. They had the #1 seed as we did, but they got to face the overmatched Broncos while we got the Giants. They showed up, we didn't.

Anyway, we already know we are capable of going 16-0 based on how close we were last year despite having a terrible pass rush & pass defense. Like NE, we think we've significantly improved it and we expect the pass rush to be good, not terrible.

Can you imagine the SUPERHYPE if not one but BOTH teams are 18-0 heading into this ALL-TIME CLASSIC Super Bowl matchup?
Let's hand Genius Little Bill his 3rd straight loss in a Super Bowl. Send Brady's SB record to 3-3.

The 2 MVP candidates in Rodgers & Brady.... both going for the first 19-0 season ever, and assuring us all of silencing the 1972 Dolphins?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

18-0 PACKERS
vs
18-0 PATRIOTS
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too early. Lets go 5-0 then talk about it. Its going to be tough the first few games

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too early. Lets go 5-0 then talk about it. Its going to be tough the first few games
The first 4 are brutal. But we could win each of them. Or we could go 1-3 but I doubt that.

Anyway, it's never too early for us fans to talk about anything really.... there's either behind, forward, or current. Not much going on currently, that we can see at least.

And I wanted to be the first one to throw this out there in case both teams start 5-0, 7-0, 9-0, etc.... when the whole national media starts to fire it up.
We're first right here. :)

There could be no better scenario for me, as a Belichick/Brady/Patriots "hater" than to win a Super Bowl just like that. Put us at the TOP of the list of all-time greatest, and in the all-time greatest Super Bowl.

Why not shoot for the brightest of stars? :cool:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see it happen. I was one of the people hoping we'd do it last season, but kept getting a bunch of crap about how "We need to lose a game so we can win the Super Bowl, " which is ridiculous. Opportunities like the one we had last season don't come along too often, so we need to seize them when they do. Hope those who kept saying those words last season realize the two aren't mutually exclusive.

That said, I agree it's too soon to be talking about this unlikely scenario. One game at a time.

Latest posts