Serious questions for Packer fans...

D

Derps

I know this may be moved to another forum, but I truly believe this situation applies to the Packers and their fans. Meaning unlike most rivalries our states actually border...and our rivalry has some history to it. I need you to set your disdain, dislike, and rivalry aside for a minute.

Do you wish the Vikings leave Minnesota? What it be good for the Packers and the NFL should the Vikings leave? Do you want to see the Vikings stadium issue resolved?

Thanks...

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing them leave. Can't stand the Queens or their fans. Plus, I think their team would fair better in the NFC West.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoops didn't notice I had to set my dislike aside, sorry. Doing that, I think it wouldn' really matter. Packers rivalry with the Bears is so strong and they are kind of a doormat in our division. I know a lot of Viking fans that admit they wouldn't even care if they moved.Assuming St. Louis and them switch if they move to LA that might make our division more competitive than it already is.

L

Lunchboxer

No I dont want them go go.

Who else we could beat up on other than the Bears and Lions :sneaky:

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No I don't want them to go. I love our division rivalries.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing them leave. Can't stand the Queens or their fans. Plus, I think their team would fair better in the NFC West.
Looking at the div. Say MN goes to L.A. that puts them in the west. So then move the Rams to the south. Eagles (for ex)in the north. Next you would have to take ATL(for ex)& move them to the east. The NFC north would definately be ythe toughest div. in the league. Back in the early "90"s we had the weakest div. in the league

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoops didn't notice I had to set my dislike aside, sorry. Doing that, I think it wouldn' really matter. Packers rivalry with the Bears is so strong and they are kind of a doormat in our division. I know a lot of Viking fans that admit they wouldn't even care if they moved.Assuming St. Louis and them switch if they move to LA that might make our division more competitive than it already is.
If the Rams did go to the NFC north it wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this may be moved to another forum, but I truly believe this situation applies to the Packers and their fans. Meaning unlike most rivalries our states actually border...and our rivalry has some history to it. I need you to set your disdain, dislike, and rivalry aside for a minute.

Do you wish the Vikings leave Minnesota? What it be good for the Packers and the NFL should the Vikings leave? Do you want to see the Vikings stadium issue resolved?

Thanks...
Just thought about this. Say the rams do leave and they move teams around. Say they put the Eagles in our div. The Matthews bro's would play each other 2x a year

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I would be bummed if they left.

I don't think it would matter much for the Pack or the NFL business wise as they would just shuffle things around and get another team in the north.

I think it primarily would hit the fans. We would lose that heated and entertaining rivalry.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
:confused: missing the Vikings would be like missing a tick you pulled offf!!!

LOL!!!! :D

ooooh... serious posts only?? Really??? During the off season?.....

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather see them stick around. I like to hear the Viking fans cry year after year.

This is going to make your day:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
(work safe)

...How does the NFL justify abandoning the Minneapolis/St. Paul market?

I like the ol' Black and Blue division the way it is.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to make your day:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
(work safe)

...How does the NFL justify abandoning the Minneapolis/St. Paul market?

I like the ol' Black and Blue division the way it is.
LOL! The sad part is I've seen 30 year old grisly men cry harder after a loss.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just seen the Minnesota Senate committee approved bill for public subsidy to help build a stadium. Now it's going to cost you to watch them lose in a almost billion dollar stadium. Let the fun begin.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This borders on political but I don't agree with taxpayers being handed the bill for these sort of stadium projects. Funding should be sought through non-compulsory means, municipal bonds or (get this) maybe the team in question could sell nominal ownership shares or something. If the fans really care, they'll buy in.

If the legislature is going to make everyone pay, for the love of God don't sell the naming rights to some opportunistic corporate entity. Call it "Minnesota Taxpayers' Stadium," or "MTS" for short, which the locals take to calling the "emty." Then it just evolves into "empty."

I'll never forgive the Miller Park sales tax being imposed on just four counties (including my own at the time) by the entire Wisconsin state legislature. Gross abuse of power, like my avatar.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This borders on political but I don't agree with taxpayers being handed the bill for these sort of stadium projects. Funding should be sought through non-compulsory means, municipal bonds or (get this) maybe the team in question could sell nominal ownership shares or something. If the fans really care, they'll buy in.

If the legislature is going to make everyone pay, for the love of God don't sell the naming rights to some opportunistic corporate entity. Call it "Minnesota Taxpayers' Stadium," or "MTS" for short, which the locals abbreviate by calling it the "emty." Then they just start calling it "empty."

I'll never forgive the Miller Park sales tax being imposed on just four counties (including my own at the time) by the entire Wisconsin state legislature. Gross abuse of power, like my avatar.
That's what Jerry Jones did. Paid about 5-600M & the taxpayers got the rest of the bill but receives no profits. What the 49ers are doing is even worse. A long time season ticket holder has to pay a one time fee of $30K per seat he has THEN instead of the tics costing $129 per seat it cost $350

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack/Minny games in GB would not be missed.

They seriously are the most annoying, obnoxious fan base I have seen...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the rams have actually won a Superbowl so I'm going to need to come up with a new line if they are the new rival.

I would rather the Vikings not move. Crazy to think that maybe the nfl should pay for their own stadiums.

Members online

Latest posts