Serious questions for Packer fans...

Reaction score
I wouldn't want them leaving, because it could mean the whole division could split up and we could have as much as 2 new teams in the division. We could see the Rams or another team like that replace the Vikings. I for one love hating on the Vikings as much as any Packers fan so I would rather have them stay.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the rivalry and don't want to see them leave. But I can't blame civilians and elected officials for resisting so many tax dollars for a stadium when Minnesota's finances are such a mess.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That kid is an idiot.
The kid is not the idiot, just the people raising her. She is just a product of the 24/7 brainwashing she is being exposed to. Hopefully as she ages, she comes to see the error of her ways and can rebel against the warped and deviant programming.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This is going to make your day:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
(work safe)

Usually, "LOL" is just a saying. But while watching this clip, I really busted out laughing. Hilarious! Thanks!

I hate the Vikings more than anything. But, I want them to stay in Minny.

I wonder if the Packers are the only NFL team that actually resides in a state that borders all three states of their rivals?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All sarcasm aside, a rivalry exists, with a fan base that is as fair weather as a meteorologist. Look at the Vikes trophy case...lol. The LA franchise would fold, that is what the NFL is worried about. The Vikes cant move to IA or the cheerleaders would graze on an outdoor stadium. How about Las Vegas? lol
Nah, I say they re-elect Jesse the Body Ventura, and bench press Scott Walker to rev up the rivalry.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It would suck. I would have to become a Packer fan.

On a side note, those of you who don't think the public in MN should pay for a stadium, I take it you don't have a problem with the people in Green Bay paying for upgrades to Lambeau.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It would suck. I would have to become a Packer fan.

On a side note, those of you who don't think the public in MN should pay for a stadium, I take it you don't have a problem with the people in Green Bay paying for upgrades to Lambeau.

There was a issues with the Brown County tax too..It barely passed..53 to 47 %

Then with the stock sale, that was and is a CHOICE for fans to help pay..

I think that is the reason why some may not like a tax, it is forced..

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a issues with the Brown County tax too..It barely passed..53 to 47 %

Then with the stock sale, that was and is a CHOICE for fans to help pay..

I think that is the reason why some may not like a tax, it is forced..

...at least it was Brown County residents that determined whether they would shoulder the tax.

I'm a broken record on this but allowing the entire Wisconsin state legislature to impose a stadium tax on just four counties was a disgusting abuse of power. I will never forgive Tommy Thompson for that ********** of democratic principles in order to "save" baseball in Milwaukee... If I ever meet him, he's getting a piece of my mind on that. The guy literally rode around Wisco on a Harley, saying "Stick it to 'em" at campaign stops in order to drum up support for the measure. ***.

Reaction score
As much as I dislike most of the Vikings fans (every team has their share of "****** bags" although Minnesota seems to corner the market), I wouldn't want that to happen to them. They are kind of being held hostage.
I hope they can work things out to stay. As far as the Packers fans paying for the updates at Lambeau Field, It's all good as they have the option to participate or not (buying Packers stock). I am not aware if there are any special taxes that go towards Lambeau (however there may be some). I hope the Vikings stay in Minnesota.
Trapped In Vikingville.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As much as I dislike most of the Vikings fans (every team has their share of "****** bags" although Minnesota seems to corner the market), I wouldn't want that to happen to them. They are kind of being held hostage.
I hope they can work things out to stay. As far as the Packers fans paying for the updates at Lambeau Field, It's all good as they have the option to participate or not (buying Packers stock). I am not aware if there are any special taxes that go towards Lambeau (however there may be some). I hope the Vikings stay in Minnesota.
Trapped In Vikingville.
You really should know who is paying for the upgrades to Lambeau. The folks in Brown county voted for a half cent sales tax to help with the upgrade.

Redevelopment Financing
  • Total cost: $295 million
  • Referendum passed by Brown County voters Sept. 12, 2000.
  • $160 million in bonds from half-cent sales tax in Brown County.
  • $9.1 million for stadium infrastructure improvements from the state of Wisconsin.
  • $125.9 million from the Packers, the city of Green Bay and the NFL... Team asked fans for one-time seat user fee ($1,400 for seven-game 'Green Package' ticket holders, $600 for three-game 'Gold Package' ticket holders) in 2001... Proceeds contributed from the 1997-98 stock sale and an NFL loan... Additionally, the club pledged to cover any project cost overruns in consideration of its authority to direct the design of the building and stadium construction.
http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-info/history/expansions.html

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as the Packers fans paying for the updates at Lambeau Field, It's all good as they have the option to participate or not (buying Packers stock). I am not aware if there are any special taxes that go towards Lambeau (however there may be some). I hope the Vikings stay in Minnesota.
Trapped In Vikingville.

As Rap pointed out, there is a tax...But my post before yours mentioned it too