Seeing that Burnett's out, do we have a progress/health report on Bigby and Harris?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just wondering how these guys are doing, and if it looks like they'll be ready to go or not?

Out for the season. HOLY SH****************T!! This is bad.

Greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Packers | Insiders Blog » Burnett out for the year with ACL injury

Any indication this new turf at lambeau is a problem? Kampman, Harris and now Burnett. Wonder if the mesh underneath causes the cleats to grip too much and or something. I mean, Kampman and Harris both went down with nobody touching them if I recall. I know, speculation big time, but................dammit.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Harris, yeah, he was just turning to come back from a route, jogging, when he went down. Kampman was engaged with someone when he went down.

From what I've read about Burnett, he actually played for a few more plays after he tore his ACL, so I'm thinking it was a partial ACL tear, so his rehab shouldn't be nearly as bad as it could have been.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, they said injury, not tear, so I'm hoping that's it.

This season as far as injuries..........Ugh............

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any indication this new turf at lambeau is a problem?

That's an interesting thought, Murgen. Early in the game, I saw quite a few guys slip and go down. I thought to myself "they need to switch to longer cleats." I wonder if Burnett went to longer cleats (or started the game with fairly long cleats) and they indeed got tangled in the mesh. This could be one of those things that isn't really recognized as a problem because most of the time, the cleats they wear aren't long enough to get down into the mesh. This is pure speculation on my part, but it could be plausible?

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there any other stadium that has this kind of turf in? can we look at relative injury rates there long term?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
4 teams were using DD GrassMaster as of 2008.

Bears are awaiting studies on the frequency of injures before considering a switch to artificial.

Guess it's just bad luck actually. Only 3% artificial fibers. I don't see it making that big a difference as far as injuries. Just bad luck. Ugh.

Yes, a DD GrassMaster pitch is a normal natural grass field. The surface is a 100% natural grass field. The amount of artificial grass fibers added is approximately 3%.

The playing characteristics of a DD GrassMaster pitch are exactly the same as the characteristics of a “normal” natural grass surface. Playing on a DD GrassMaster surface is therefore exactly the same as playing on a normal natural grass surface. The players will not even know that they are playing on one of the most advanced sports fields possible. However they will be surprised about the excellent quality of the pitch in the winter period and after some playing seasons.

A normal sand based field can last over 20 years, a DD GrassMaster pitch certainly lasts as long.

The annual DD GrassMaster field use amounts to approximately 850-900 hours. In comparison, a normal natural grass field can handle only 300 hours per year. On some heavily used pitches in The Netherlands, the DD GrassMaster surface is used for over 700 games per year. This equals about 1,300 hours of use in one year. One hour of use is 25 adult players wearing spikes using the playing surface for one hour.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, so would not like that. Not only he never played S, which is completely different than CB, SPECIALLY in Capers' 3-4, where the Safeties call the play, but he's a terrible CB right now.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Burnett's injury hurts bad coming so soon after Grant's. I'm going to go into my closet and :puke: :shake: :cry: :banging: :suicide: :saint:

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the status of Will Blackmon is? He was released on an injury settlement and after week number two he was eligible to sign with any team, however the Packers aren't able to re-sign him until week 7 when Bigby & Harris are also eligible. He moved to Safety this summer and would provide some depth but mostly he would add a spark to our Return game that really hasn't been there all year. Hopefully he will also be available! An infusion of Blackmon, Harris Bigby and Starks would be just what the doctor ordered.

Members online

Latest posts