Screw the Brewers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit right off the bat (Ha!) that I am a bandwagon fan of them.
They got off to a great start.
But as of today and right now (7/19/14) They are in first place by only one measly game ahead.
Yup. It looks like they are going to be the good ol' and same old Loswers that we know and loathe them to be.
Pathetic.
I'm more of a football than a baseball fan anyway.
One thing I like about the football season is it is nice and short and sweet.
With baseball, you might have a really good team that will only let you down after many months of false hope.
Anyway, forget the Loswers. I'm ready for the Packers!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O's fan here. I know the feeling....
O's as in Orioles?

Thanx man.

People joke about the Cubs all the time but it's time to look at the Brewers. They are one of the worst teams in baseball.
They just flat out suck.
Only one WS and they lost that one. At least the Cubs won a WS or two when they went.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO if you're a bandwagon fan you have no standing to complain. If they suck, jump off. BTW, the Cubs last won a Series in 1908 and last appeared in one in 1945. Before the games today, the Brewers are tied for first and the Cubs are 13 games back. So no, the Brewers aren't one of the worst teams in baseball.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
O's as in Orioles?

Thanx man.

People joke about the Cubs all the time but it's time to look at the Brewers. They are one of the worst teams in baseball.
They just flat out suck.
Only one WS and they lost that one. At least the Cubs won a WS or two when they went.

Yep, the Orioles. They look good now, but come September they'll be stumbling all over themselves.....again....

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO if you're a bandwagon fan you have no standing to complain. If they suck, jump off. BTW, the Cubs last won a Series in 1908 and last appeared in one in 1945. Before the games today, the Brewers are tied for first and the Cubs are 13 games back. So no, the Brewers aren't one of the worst teams in baseball.
I will take my lumps if the Loswers ever win the WS which I doubt they will do in my lifetime.
Feel free to point and write, "I told you so!" if they do.
But they have now moved down into 2nd place and are 2/8 out of their last 10 games.
I'm just tired of being let down by them year after year after year that the only way to save my sanity after these long seasons is to be a bandwagon fan.
And hey, put credit where it is due. At least I admit that.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I will take my lumps if the Loswers ever win the WS which I doubt they will do in my lifetime.
Feel free to point and write, "I told you so!" if they do.
But they have now moved down into 2nd place and are 2/8 out of their last 10 games.
I'm just tired of being let down by them year after year after year that the only way to save my sanity after these long seasons is to be a bandwagon fan.
And hey, put credit where it is due. At least I admit that.
It seems you care too much to be a bandwagoner (and you're better for it IMO). BTW nowhere did I predict they'd win a WS anytime soon. And of course you know it's worse than losing 8 of their last 10 games; they've lost 13 of their last 16. But at least the purchase of the team by Attanasio gives Brewers fans a sliver of hope. Before that there was none IMO.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a cubs fan I encourage you to come to the dark side. Like the Packers we have a historic stadium, some of the most die hard fans in sports, and some of the best looking female fans (according to the players). Downside is continuous disappointment

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As a cubs fan I encourage you to come to the dark side. Like the Packers we have a historic stadium, some of the most die hard fans in sports, and some of the best looking female fans (according to the players). Downside is continuous disappointment

Your a fan on purpose?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Cubs fan but I am Brewers fan to #1 because I liked the when they were in the AL and #2 because they are my local team now. That being said.

How the brewers have managed to **** away this game with horrible fundamental play is mind blowing. They have had so many opportunities tonight.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bother?
I'm already getting continuous disappointment following the Losewers.
They should now be the team at the butt of baseball losing jokes. Not the Cubs anymore.

Anyway, football has now started so it's a good replacement or distraction for baseball.
Go Pack Go!

Reaction score
Long time suffering Cubs fan, here! I will root for those lovable losers until Hell freezes over and EVERY team that plays the Cardinals. Seems like every player move/trade St. Louis makes always works out for them. They are very good every year and also VERY VERY LUCKY to go with it. It sickens me to say that I have a lot of respect for their franchise, however, that doesn't mean that I will ever ever root for them. The ONLY time I ever cheered for the NY Yankees was in the '64 World Series vs the Cardinals and.....sigh! Absolutely loathe the Cardinals and always will. Just as I loathe the Chicago Bores. Memo to the baseball commish: Please SHORTEN the baseball season ASAP! Let this dismal season mercifully come to an end before snowfall! We're stuck with it, though, so, for the record, I say GO Brewers, Pirates and Nationals to represent the NL in the playoffs and O's, A's and Royals in the AL. Goodnight.....and Good luck!

Reaction score
Why bother?
I'm already getting continuous disappointment following the Losewers.
They should now be the team at the butt of baseball losing jokes. Not the Cubs anymore.

Anyway, football has now started so it's a good replacement or distraction for baseball.
Go Pack Go!

FF....I was sitting in a B W Wings on that fateful night of the epic "Bartman" game in '02 (poor soul....I would have reached for that foul ball, too, yet not much mention was made of Gonzales' "choke job" of that tailor made double play ball to follow). The place was wall to wall with Cubs fan, but you could have heard a pin drop in there when the Marlins went on to put up an "8" spot in that inning. Thank God the beer was flowing freely that evening which helped soothe my pain. I still have nightmares from that infamous Cubs meltdown! If you haven't ever seen the feature aired on ESPN "Catching Hell,".....check it out. That was an ugly crowd scene that turned into a modern day lynch mob. IF the Cubs EVER make it to the World Series, they should let Steve Bartman throw out the first pitch! I feel more sorry for that guy than I ever felt for the Cubs on that night.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The only thing that could make my life worse as a Vikings fan is to be a hard core fan of a team like the Brewers or Cubs. Talk about misery. I follow the Brewers but I never expect them to even be in the playoffs. That way I am not disappointed. Being a hardcore fan of one effed up team is enough in my life. I don't need two.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, just as I thought.
Loswers got off to a great start only to let it slip away towards the end
They get it together every now and then to win a bunch but somehow fail to hold on all the way to the end.
It's like starting a project that you'll never get around to finishing.
"Even though the kids have gone off to college, maybe I could still finish that tree house I started when Jimmy was 13.
I'll think about it tomorrow some more. Maybe."

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Loswers got off to a great start only to let it slip away towards the end.
Oh no they didn't let it "slip away"; they dropped it like a two ton bowling ball. I heard on the radio today that since August 20th, they've gone 10-24 and over the past month-and-a-half or so they've averaged 1.5 fewer runs per game than they did before that. I believe they're the 3rd team in MLB history since 1969 (epic fail season for the Cubs) that was in first place for at least 150 days and didn't make the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts