Sal Pal's Take On Favre

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sal Pal has become a caricature of himself. His east-coast bias is laughable. He has always had it out for Favre. Tune in every week to see his report from Philly or New York on McNabb and Eli. That's where he lives. That's what he cares about. He said in his book that Favre was one of the most overrated players in the history of the NFL--then Favre lead the Packers to a 13-3 record and played one of his best seasons ever.

The guy's a schmuck.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does he no not much star is still the best as far as fans go around here :) he just mad because greenbay has alot of greatness :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had enough Favre bashing for a lifetime. I think I'll pass.

Go Packers!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Remember when/if you waste your time reading that article he is the same writer who claims Barry Sanders was over rated and had a all star cast of WR which helped him pad his stats. (Herman Moore anyone?)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when/if you waste your time reading that article he is the same writer who claims Barry Sanders was over rated and had a all star cast of WR which helped him pad his stats. (Herman Moore anyone?)

Ah yes. I think you and I took turns bashing the guy.

Although Wallie Payton is my favorite non-Packer player of all-time, I think Barry was the best RB I've ever seen.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old Sal wrote a book and listed Favre along side of Joe Namath as an over-rated qb. I guess winning a Super Bowl, 3 MVPs, setting every significant qb record, never missing a start, and having the highest team winning percentage during his tenure equals over-rated. screw that idiot.

Trippster edited my post. I used the "f" word not the word "screw." I feel that strongly about it.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the article starts with "Overhyped". What an a-hole. I guess the other 99% of football fans don't know what they're talking about.
I would like to quote the one-armed Cajun from an awesome movie, Southern Comfort, as to how I feel about Sal Pal.....
"Kill him......kill him!!!!"
Duke/Carolina in an hour, I rode my bike through K-ville a couple of times today. We had lots of rain and very strong winds. It looked like Everest base camp after a season of yuppie summiters.
I've enjoyed reading this forum over the past few days, BF is one of a kind.
Hammer, out. Back to my homebrewed doppelbock.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Ah yes. I think you and I took turns bashing the guy.

Although Wallie Payton is my favorite non-Packer player of all-time, I think Barry was the best RB I've ever seen.
I'm with ya on Payton, Z. He and Singletary can play on my team any time.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sal, always the contrarian. even though much of the reaction from this book (it's been out for awhile now) is backlash, it's still getting a lot of attention. if people buy it just to see how often they disagree with him, they're still buying it. he's a stooge, not worth the energy of getting all mad about it. **** on him.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If these writers think he could have been "so much more" then they don't know how to appreciate a person. I feel sorry for them.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, but it wasn't just Herman Moore. What about Brett Perriman? Surely you don't think Sanders could've piled up all of those rushing yards if opposing defenses had not been game planning for Brett Perriman.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean we're talking about an article written by a wannabe football player who knew he would be a failure in football so he decided to be a failure in journalism instead?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the first paragraph, got sick and closed it.

What team does East Coast Sal like, the Jets or the Eagles?

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waste of my time. Here's my response.

"Here's another so-called professional critiquing Favre's legacy using stats and only stats.

Do you self-proclaimed experts even watch the game? All you did is state the obvious. We already know Favre throws a lot of interceptions. That's where he got his gunslinger name from.

What about all the 3,000-yard seasons he's had? Philip Rivers hasn't even had one yet, yet you had to bring him up in this useless editorial. All the greats--Manning, Montana, Aikman, Elway--they all had players to lean on. Manning's been running the same system since his rookie year, Montana had Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice, Aikman had Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin, Elway didn't even win a Super Bowl until Terrell Davis dragged him there.

Has there ever been one constant in Brett Favre's career? Nope, Sterling Sharpe had a career ending injury; Robert Brooks had a career-ending injury, Antonio Freeman wanted money, Javon Walker is off being the highest paid WR in the NFL while rubbing Icy-Hot on his knees. Favre went through everything the hard way, and you want to blame his lack of post-season production on him when it was the defense that never really held up their part of the bargain.

Even with all the uncertainties, Brett has all the records. Sure, he could've accomplished more. But if he's really lost, what's up with him being an MVP-runner up despite Brady's one-hit wonder season?
"

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac said:
Old Sal wrote a book and listed Favre along side of Joe Namath as an over-rated qb. I guess winning a Super Bowl, 3 MVPs, setting every significant qb record, never missing a start, and having the highest team winning percentage during his tenure equals over-rated. screw that idiot.

This post says it all.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr gets the "Ringo Star" treatment???
Uh.....ok. Obviously this idiot has never been in Green Bay when Starr is there. Bart Starr is STILL adored by Packer fans! When he comes to Fan Fest, people are lined up just hoping to get a glimpse of him. I guess not having any FACTS in his articles is allowed. Maybe this Eienstein should actually do some research before he sits down at his computer to write.
Of course that might make him actually THINK before he types, and that would ruin his reputation as a "journalist".

Just for the heck of it, i printed out his article, and put it in the bottom of my parakeets cage. He rufused to even crap on it, thinking the page was already filled with enough crap. :wink:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....Just for the heck of it, i printed out his article, and put it in the bottom of my parakeets cage. He rufused to even crap on it, thinking the page was already filled with enough crap. :wink:

:shock: ......That is incredibly ironic cheesey!

I print out your posts, put them in the bottom of my parakeets cage and the same thing happens! :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
....Just for the heck of it, i printed out his article, and put it in the bottom of my parakeets cage. He rufused to even crap on it, thinking the page was already filled with enough crap. :wink:

:shock: ......That is incredibly ironic cheesey!

I print out your posts, put them in the bottom of my parakeets cage and the same thing happens! :p
I used your posts to potty train my puppy. I laid down your posts, and he automatically knew that that was the right place to pee and poop.
(Before you started posting here, i just used a Viking jersey......it worked almost as well) :lol:

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I've heard over the past few days is "imagine if Favre had played in New York" referring to the press attention. What they don't realize, is that he WAS in the center of the pro football universe from a historical perspective. The story IS that he helped resurrect Green Bay as a franchise and there was NO BETTER place for the guy.
Morons.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a way, Sal Paolantonio has a point. But, as Danreb already pointed out, Favre hasn't had a lot of consistency for several years.

Holmgren left when his star QB was in his prime. I think Favre made Holmgren and Holmgren made Favre. They could have won more championships had Holgren sucked it up and stayed with a good thing when he had it.

Giving Mike Sherman dual-responsibilities was a mistake. There were some poor personnel moves that did not help the Pack. Also, Sherman's offense did not require the discipline that Holmgren and McCarthy require.

Favre was at his best when he had someone to reign him in. I don't think Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman's offenses did that very well.

Favre is an awesome quarterback, that's for sure, but after Holmgren left I don't think we had the right coaching staff to get us over the hump, to get us back in championship form. Finally we do now, but you heard the man, he's got nothing left.

Members online

Latest posts