S.I. ranks Rogers #10 best QB under age 25

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 10 Quarterbacks Under 25

Aaron Rodgers
Age 21, Packers
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rodgers slipped to the 25th pick in last April's draft, but his selection by the Packers may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. In two seasons as quarterback at Cal, Rogers had a 150.3 QB rating, the highest in school history. A year or two as Brett Favre's understudy should help Rodgers develop into a solid NFL quarterback.

Kyle Boller
Age 24, Ravens
Jason Campbell
Age 23, Redskins
Philip Rivers
Age 23, Chargers
Matt Schaub
Age 24, Falcons
J.P. Losman
Age 24, Bills

Alex Smith
Age 21, 49ers
Rex Grossman
Age 24, Bears
Eli Manning
Age 24, Giants
Ben Roethlisberger
Age 24, Steelers

Not bad company for Rodgers. Would be interesting to see him against Losman tomorrow, but looks like the way the scrimmage is set up, it won't happen. With Rodgers learning from the best QB in the history of the game, he'll be ready in 3 or 4 years to step in.

THE WEB SI.com

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of interesting that they listed Jason Campbell at #8. He was drafted after Rodgers. I haven't heard many people say that the Packers should have drafted Campbell instead of Rodgers, though I did hear the Redskins say they still would have drafted Campbell even if Rodgers fell to them.

That would be a bummer for us Packer fans if Rodgers flopped and we passed on Campbell who turns into a star.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood said:
Top 10 Quarterbacks Under 25

Aaron Rodgers
Age 21, Packers
Kyle Boller
Age 24, Ravens
Jason Campbell
Age 23, Redskins
Philip Rivers
Age 23, Chargers
Matt Schaub
Age 24, Falcons
J.P. Losman
Age 24, Bills
Alex Smith
Age 21, 49ers
Rex Grossman
Age 24, Bears
Eli Manning
Age 24, Giants
Ben Roethlisberger
Age 24, Steelers

THE WEB SI.com

Only two of those QB's (Boller and Roethlisberger) have had any real playing time and some have not played at all so I don't see the point of the article. Give these guys a couple of more years and then see how they have done.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Only two of those QB's (Boller and Roethlisberger) have had any real playing time and some have not played at all so I don't see the point of the article. Give these guys a couple of more years and then see how they have done.

i thought it was a pretty strange/meaningless ranking myself.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Philtration and arrowgargantuan. Apparently SI needs to fill its pages with something during the off season of NFL football.. However my opinion on JBlood posting Quote" With Rodgers learning from the best QB in the history of the game, he'll be ready in 3 or 4 years to step in." unquote I don't think Aaron Rodgers has 3 to 4 years of time to learn the QB position with the Green Bay Packers. Rodgers has one to possibly two years to step in and take over the position. What he has shown in training camp so far has been positive. He has seem to progress in grasping the Packer offense very quickly. He appears to knows what he is doing out there when he runs the team, of coarse he isn't having players wear different color shirts coming after him, in order to tear his head off. So far his ball release is very quick, and seem to have a good touch and does things with confidence. He threw some real nice passes in thursday nite scrimmage with Bills. I know this early, to really judge this rookie QB , but I have seen many rookie QB come into camp and they were lost in Training camp for weeks and some never found themselves. Some of the past QBs which Wolf drafted were very impressive in training camp and went on to be starters in the NFL. Burnell, Hasselbach etc. One that was not impressive was Kurt Warner, he was here for a "cup of coffee" and was gone. From stories told about him during his very short stay in training camp , he didn't have a clue. he came a long way from his time in Green Bay!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:

i thought it was a pretty strange/meaningless ranking myself.

Agreed, its about as useful as Pre Season.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
matt schaub wouldn't make my list.

I had the pleasure of watching Schaub play in college and I was disappointed when the falcons took him in the 3rd instead of Green Bay. He is a very good west coast qb and the only thing really holding him back in my opinion is playing behind Vick. The guy is legit.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
sixone220 said:
matt schaub wouldn't make my list.

I had the pleasure of watching Schaub play in college and I was disappointed when the falcons took him in the 3rd instead of Green Bay. He is a very good west coast qb and the only thing really holding him back in my opinion is playing behind Vick. The guy is legit.

well i guess we'll never get the chance to tell since vick is such an ironman. :roll:

Members online

Latest posts