1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RUMOR: Eagles offer up for Javon Walker

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HatestheEagles084, Mar 13, 2006.

1. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In all seriousness, if you want to bash McNabb....I couldn't care less....

As for Favre....he is one of my favorite players. I've always like the guy...but he just 29 INTS a year ago....

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm just busting on you. I live in the Philly area so naturally I hate them since they are not my favorite team.

BTW....I can tell Favre is one of your favorite players by your signature block!! That hurts! :twisted:

3. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL....I just put it there because I think it's a humorous version of those commercials he made a couple years ago...it's all in fun....

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea, it's all good.

5. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Serious question...

Do you think TT made those comments in order to try to regain some of the trade value that was lost by Walker going public with his feelings?

Or do you feel he truly will hold firm and not deal him?

6. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :roll: Like the idea, but doubt the Higgles would

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think he is going to have to hold firm. Personally, I would try to extend his contract NOW. I thought we should have done that as soon as he got hurt in the first game last season. Just to kind of show "hey look we appreciate you not holding out and we are going to take care of players that uphold their end of the bargain". Now TT is in no man's land. If he trades him every disgruntled player will be using the same tactic.

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    we actually have depth on the d-line, getting hollis thomas would piss me off, Hollis is solid but nothing special, and gets hurt a lot--he once broke his foot running onto the field during introductions in Dallas, and if the 3rd round pick is the highest pick we get, i'd be pissed

Roderick Hood and a 2nd and we'll talk

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, hood and a 2nd and we'll talk. I want a 3rd too :p

10. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that he should try...it would be interesting to see what Walker's response would be.

Sometimes money cures a lot. But he sounded more than a little upset about the whole situation.

I actually think they should've given him more last year when he held out. I don't like hold outs....but some make more sense than others. Walker had a much better argument than T.O. did....

11. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Walker is a baby-TO, and I'm not talking skill-wise.

12. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hood's a good player....but no way Reid gives a 2nd and Hood for Walker...

Before the injury? Maybe. But not now....that was a major injury....you have to factor that in...

13. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Walker and T.O. weren't the first players to want more money....

One came back to his team and wasn't a distraction...only to get hurt in the effort. The other came back and raised hell....got kicked out of camp for a week, showed off in front of his house with helicpoters swarming all over the place. Came back and raised more hell....got suspended....

T.O. wanted more than just money....he wanted to be the victim....or at least make people think he was. He has paid dearly financially for it.

I think if Walker got his pay day, you'd never hear him complain again....

14. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree, but at the same time, an impact reciever is what the Eagles need, and, there is nothing on the market now that reggie wayne and randle el are locked up--and there will be a few recievers in April who are barely first round quality...maybe TT will try and make the eagles give up some good commodities instead of a DT that we really dont need

15. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Eagles never wanted Randel El...nor did I....Redskins overpaid him big time....

But you're right....unless Moulds is cut, Walker is the only option out there for the #1 WR position at this point....

I think Givens is still free....but I think he's more of a #2....

16. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    but I wonder, if we give up Walker, who would be our # 1? :p

17. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have one to trade if you want....

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with Walker was that he had only had one good season up until that point. He was pretty piss poor his first season, started to come on a bit at the end of the second and then really had a good year his third season. The Packers wanted him to prove it wasn't a fluke. They also have something of a team rule that contract's don't get extended until there is one year left. They would have extended him had he not gotten hurt last year, but it made little sense to extend him last year after he got hurt. It was just a really long string of bad luck for Mr. 9 Wonderlic Walker.

19. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT should get on the phone and tell those guys in Philly about the greatest WR that we have now his name is FERGUSON, then tell them that you have the worst hangover of your life and that you are willing to trade him to Philli for a six pack of anything, this is just how bad the hangover is, anything even bud light or coors light, but you need to know right now...

That trade makes sense to me !!!!

20. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Many rookie WRs struggle....but he came around. I don't think anyone thinks it was a fluke.

As for his wonderlic...who cares really? He plays football.

21. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lolol what if chatman becomes the eagles #1 and nets a 1000 yard season :p

22. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL....you never know....the Eagles throw the ball 40 times a game....

Unfortunately....

23. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His Wonderlic is relative because he listened (and is still listening) to some very bad advice, which, IMO a smarter man wouldn't do.

24. McMVP

McMVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps....but he was smart enough to fire Drew Rosenhaus...

25. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire. The kid is an idiot that cannot keep his lips from flapping. He wants to throw a tantrum.....well, let your agent be the bad guy...that is why they are paid...to insulate the player from backlash from teams and fans when negotiations turn sour, which they almost always do.

Immature little prick as far as I am concerned.

"I want my candy and I want it now.............."