Round 2!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's OK to be upset with blown calls, but continually going on and on about it for days after the loss makes us sound like Vikings fans.

We lost. It sucks. Nothing will change that.

The Pack will heal up and take the lessons they learned from the loss into their next game on Dec. 9th.

Our future looks bright...
It wasn't even TWO days ago yet. And it's NOT the first time it happened this year.
When you get slapped once, it hurts.......but you can forget it. When they keep slapping you over and over it ticks you off.
I'm sure by tomorrow I'll just let it go. Till the next game, when some bonehead ref screws us again. :wink: I'm SURE it will happen, if they remain as consistant as they have been thus far.

Nbtstatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heelntoe said:
The PI was a correct call. The rule is, the defender must be looking back for legs/feet tangling to be a no call. He was not looking for the ball at the moment of contact and had not been for several steps.

Some people Didn't see what I saw I guess on espn, after the game. On the play, it appears to be Tramon Williams who trips the receiver up. But I saw a closer replay. The Receiver TRIPS HIMSELF UP. His 2 legs hit each other. Tramon TOUCHED him as his legs tripped up himself. Thats what happend. Thats what made it appear to be pass interference. Thats why we lost.

Here's exactly what I'm talking about Cheesey. :pop:

If there's anyone currently calling themselves a fan of any NFL team, who thinks wins and losses are made on one play, the really should find something else to watch on TV.

And with that, I'll leave you guys alone. Cheers to you all, we (the both of us) represent the best of the NFC, we should all be happy here. :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
Heelntoe said:
The PI was a correct call. The rule is, the defender must be looking back for legs/feet tangling to be a no call. He was not looking for the ball at the moment of contact and had not been for several steps.

Some people Didn't see what I saw I guess on espn, after the game. On the play, it appears to be Tramon Williams who trips the receiver up. But I saw a closer replay. The Receiver TRIPS HIMSELF UP. His 2 legs hit each other. Tramon TOUCHED him as his legs tripped up himself. Thats what happend. Thats what made it appear to be pass interference. Thats why we lost.

Here's exactly what I'm talking about Cheesey. :pop:

If there's anyone currently calling themselves a fan of any NFL team, who thinks wins and losses are made on one play, the really should find something else to watch on TV.

And with that, I'll leave you guys alone. Cheers to you all, we (the both of us) represent the best of the NFC, we should all be happy here. :D
Your free to believe what you want, as i am.
How about that QB sneak by Bart Starr in the "Ice Bowl?" Think that ONE PLAY didn't think that play was HUGE? Had Dallas stopped us, they would have won. They didn't. It was ONE play. It was HUGE.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heelntoe said:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. The head of NFL officiating reviewed the play forward/backward frame-by-frame on NFL Access. He clearly explained the rule and the call. Williams was NOT looking for the ball at the moment of contact. His knee clipped the reciever's foot; it was CLEARLY PI.

If you don't know the rules why are you spouting off about it being PI? - makes you look silly.

And for the record, I'm not a Cowboy troll; my family has held GB season tickets since the 60's; I just don't see the world through green and gold glasses.

Fumblerooski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey, about the TO popcorn celebration, something like that is not flagged because it wasn't excessive celebration. If the entire team were to perform a skit in the endzone, then that would be considered excessive celebration and a flag. If TO had turned to a GB player and mouthed off, or if he had danced a lot and spiked the ball, again a flag. But what he did was fine and was not a flaggable offense.

Now, the rule for using props is a fine, not a penalty during the game. I think it is likely TO will get a fine for the celebration, because THAT is the rule, not a flag. Besides, other plays are reason to question, but not that one. It's not like a flag there would have meant anything. Maybe a little better field position off the kickoff, but GB was forced to punt anyway on the next possession, and no extra yardage would have changed that.

TO was fined $7,500 (but was not flagged) for using the ball and goalpost as props for his TD celebration in the Dolphins game where he mocked the Pats video taping signals...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

the same fine will likely be given again, but it is not given a flag.

Members online

Latest posts