Round 2!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im actually hoping us and Dallas play again in the NFC championship game. Hey if they win, they are the best in the NFC and deserve to represent the NFC in the superbowl. But remember the year the Packers beat the VIkings twice in the regular season? They came into Lambeau and kicked our ***. If we play Dallas again we WILL win, I would guarantee it. I listened to all the intervies from our players last night and they said the same thing "I hope we get to play them again." I wouldnt want to be Dallas on January 20th When the Pack attact is back in town..

GO PACK GO

by the way ......ID HATE TO BE OAKLAND, WE WILL WIN THIS GAME BY DOUBLE FIGURES

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of people know the real reason why we lost. We were put in that position by the referees lack(more like a gain of money) of correct calls. It happens in every big game in every sport. The bookies and the refs/league heads gain big bucks with these games.

No worries...Oakland should not be taken lightly.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with yu 100 percent abz......i told my freind last night the same thing, those refs can change course of game with one whistle ( the pass interference!!!!)

Im with you all the way my freind

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The PI was a correct call. The rule is, the defender must be looking back for legs/feet tangling to be a no call. He was not looking for the ball at the moment of contact and had not been for several steps.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i understand what u are trying to say heel, but he actually was looking over his head while his hands were on the guy. i think that may be why he tripped on his legs.

he was trying to locate a bird in the sky so he touched off on the player to get a sense of balance and location, than as he let go and looked back down he forgot to balance his legs. thats what i saw

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with yu 100 percent abz......i told my freind last night the same thing, those refs can change course of game with one whistle ( the pass interference!!!!)

Im with you all the way my freind

I'll ask y'all once again........

What in the hell makes you think Dallas wouldn't have scored any damn way?!?
If anything they would've just taken more time off the clock, making your comeback attempt even more futile.

It's not like that Pass Interference bailed us out on 3rd and 20, it was a 1st and 10 play! Y'all hadn't stopped Dallas all night, and you wouldn't have stopped us there either! When you've been allowing a team to gash you for deep passes all night, how could the Official NOT give the offense the benefit of the doubt ?!?

You mean to tell me, that if the same thing had happened to Driver or Jennings, you wouldn't have been screaming for an Interference call?? Yeah right......................... Boo freakin' hoo!

You guys are an embarrassment to your fan-base!

37-27, deal with it................... :pop:

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh once again som1 with **** all to do in life but make acc on this forum Showing off about how they won the game against a below par injured team

MARK MY WORDS
if we play u guys in the NFC championship game with a fully fit team the outcome WILL be a lot different

Fumblerooski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh once again som1 with **** all to do in life but make acc on this forum Showing off about how they won the game against a below par injured team

ummm....what?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Regarding the pass interference call on Tramon. If we didn't give Romo 7 seconds to throw the ball deep like that we wouldn't have worried about that PI call.

The Packers lost the game, not the refs. No Brett, Charles, KGB, Jolly = hurting team and then throw in that McCarthy had a game plan that veered away from what helped us win ten games, not a good idea.

You do what you do that has won games for you. You don't change your 'identity' during Week 13.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our own screw ups, added onto the refs cost us the game.
Had Harris been given the ball he stripped from Owens (Which i think everyone knows he did) it might have changed the entire game. We might have scored, and put the Cowboys in a catch up position, instead of giving them points, causing us to try to play catch up.
ONE play can swing momentum 100%.
And how about no penalty on Owens "popcorn" BS? I thought using "props" was against the rules? Yet not ONE ref out of all of those there called it?
I'd rather think they were paid off more then that they are THAT incompetent.
They sure know the "forward progress" rule.....yet they don't know the "no props, or a penalty" rule???
Either pay off, or incompetent........you make the choice what you think.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't even heard of that ref before, shouldn't they assign a top ref to a top game instead of a cowboys ref? I think the league wants the Cowboys in the Superbowl because of the revenue.

Nbtstatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really a disgrace packer fans.

Of all fans in the league, I would not expect you guys to be the ones crying like this.

You got beat very soundly Thursday night, in pretty much every single area of the game.

But yes, lets just focus on a couple of bad calls, yea THAT's why you lost, uhhuh. If you keep thinking that and don't focus on your crumbling offensive line, burnt up secondary, and weak pass rush, the same thing will happen again in January.

But it's clearly just the refs. Disgraceful.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't even heard of that ref before, shouldn't they assign a top ref to a top game instead of a cowboys ref? I think the league wants the Cowboys in the Superbowl because of the revenue.

We sure keep getting the "B" team of Refs this year.

Either that or all they have is "B" team Refs.

Just once this year it would be nice to have a game were the Refs didn't cost the Pack 10+ points.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of all fans in the league, I would not expect you guys to be the ones crying like this.

You got beat very soundly Thursday night, in pretty much every single area of the game.

But yes, lets just focus on a couple of bad calls, yea THAT's why you lost, uhhuh. If you keep thinking that and don't focus on your crumbling offensive line, burnt up secondary, and weak pass rush, the same thing will happen again in January.

Some of our *****ing is of an accumulative nature.
Even while winning we have gotten worked over pretty good by the zebras this year.

I bet there is no other team in the league this year that has gotten more "We screwed up" letters from the Refs office.

And I do agree Dallas was better than us in a number of areas....
Kick return, DB play, Line play in general.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Please, guys. I've watched the game three times in full now. (im bored at work, sue me) and the refs did not cost us the game. They made it more difficult to win, yes. But we did not have Woodson or KGB or Jolly on defense and we lost our HoF to be QB.

The game plan is what hurt us the most. We had no juice to be going deep like fools and Brett should have (in my opinion) dumped them off to the check off guys instead into double coverage consistently down field.

The Packers lost, not the refs. Let's stop this, please.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, guys. I've watched the game three times in full now. (im bored at work, sue me) and the refs did not cost us the game. They made it more difficult to win, yes. But we did not have Woodson or KGB or Jolly on defense and we lost our HoF to be QB.

The game plan is what hurt us the most. We had no juice to be going deep like fools and Brett should have (in my opinion) dumped them off to the check off guys instead into double coverage consistently down field.

I couldn't agree more. We need better prep. for the next game and a healthy squad. If they beat us then then there will be no doubts and no excuses. Cowboys have a good team and beat us. In the end they have the W. (this time) :eek:

Eluded

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MARK MY WORDS
if we play u guys in the NFC championship game with a fully fit team the outcome WILL be a lot different

I agree the outcome WILL be totally different. This time Dallas won't let off the gas pedal and keep scoring and blitzing to put the game out of reach. Instead of 37-27, the score will be 44-17 Cowboys.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Crying?
Nice second post here. Attack the regulars with your "holier then thou" attitude.
NEVER did i say it was JUST the refs. Maybe you, and some of the regulars here, should take the time to READ all the posts.
I gave credit to the Cowboys. They won, we lost.
Tell me.........do you think the refs screwed up on the Harris strip? Well, my opinion is that they did. MANY think they did. I have seen MANY games in my life change on ONE play. That could have been our play that changed the game.
So, i don't have a right to point out obvious missed calls? The Harris one, the facemask on Jennings as he went in for a TD, the non call on TO's popcorn crap? What.........do you think we should instead give T.O. a "good sportsmanship" award for that fiasco?
Yeah........lets stick our heads in the ground, and pretend the refs are doing GREAT this year. Forget about the facts. Yup.........makes alot of sense to me.
This is a forum to discuss how you feel about stuff. You voiced you feelings......more in an attack mode then anything.
I bet if it was your team getting screwed over, you'd sing a different tune.
Hopefully it WILL happen to your team........MANY times this season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mortfini said:

MARK MY WORDS

I agree the outcome WILL be totally different. This time Dallas won't let off the gas pedal and keep scoring and blitzing to put the game out of reach. Instead of 37-27, the score will be 44-17 Cowboys.
I think you missed ONE letter in your name..........it should read "DEluded".

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So.....because YOU don't want to discuss it, we should all just "cease and desist!"???
Excuse me for pointing out something that ticked me off about the game.....and SEVERAL games this year.
I have read threads you wrote that i felt as you seem to about my complaining.........but i figured what right did i have to tell YOU to silence what you felt the need to say.
Guess it doesn't go both ways.

Nbtstatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nbtstatic said:

Crying?
Nice second post here. Attack the regulars with your "holier then thou" attitude.
NEVER did i say it was JUST the refs. Maybe you, and some of the regulars here, should take the time to READ all the posts.
I gave credit to the Cowboys. They won, we lost.
Tell me.........do you think the refs screwed up on the Harris strip? Well, my opinion is that they did. MANY think they did. I have seen MANY games in my life change on ONE play. That could have been our play that changed the game.
So, i don't have a right to point out obvious missed calls? The Harris one, the facemask on Jennings as he went in for a TD, the non call on TO's popcorn crap? What.........do you think we should instead give T.O. a "good sportsmanship" award for that fiasco?
Yeah........lets stick our heads in the ground, and pretend the refs are doing GREAT this year. Forget about the facts. Yup.........makes alot of sense to me.
This is a forum to discuss how you feel about stuff. You voiced you feelings......more in an attack mode then anything.
I bet if it was your team getting screwed over, you'd sing a different tune.
Hopefully it WILL happen to your team........MANY times this season.

Do you honestly think there have been zero terrible calls against the cowboys during the first 12 games of the season? All teams have to deal with terrible calls. I DO think the Owens strip was a bad call, but that's life man, something like that happens like every other game. These guys (refs) are having to make judgement calls on something that happened in a split second and unfortunately sometimes they get it wrong. Could that have changed the outcome of the game, sure! IMO would that have magically made your defense competent at stopping Dallas for the whole game, I really don't think so.

Really though, when I said "Disgraceful", I'm not referring to you, but the folks in this thread who said the only reason the packers lost is because Dallas is paying the refs. That's just ridiculous and personifies the term "sore loser".

Also, the "props" rule, if I'm not mistaken, is not something that can be flagged, it's something you get fined for after the game is over.

Either way, I think it was a great game and look forward to a re match should that occur.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's OK to be upset with blown calls, but continually going on and on about it for days after the loss makes us sound like Vikings fans.

We lost. It sucks. Nothing will change that.

The Pack will heal up and take the lessons they learned from the loss into their next game on Dec. 9th.

Our future looks bright...

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The PI was a correct call. The rule is, the defender must be looking back for legs/feet tangling to be a no call. He was not looking for the ball at the moment of contact and had not been for several steps.

Some people Didn't see what I saw I guess on espn, after the game. On the play, it appears to be Tramon Williams who trips the receiver up. But I saw a closer replay. The Receiver TRIPS HIMSELF UP. His 2 legs hit each other. Tramon TOUCHED him as his legs tripped up himself. Thats what happend. Thats what made it appear to be pass interference. Thats why we lost.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....i haven't watched any other Cowboys games, so i don't know if they had a barrage of bad calls against them or not. This was not the first time, it's happened all year, with the NFL saying "Oh! SORRY!" several times. Instead, i'd like to see them fix the problem, not just say "sorry!"

Maybe i'm wrong, but i thought the "props" thing was unsportsmanship conduct, and was a flaggable offense.
I never thought the only reason we lost was the officials. I just said it's hard enough to try to beat a good team, then you have to try to beat incompetent refs too.
The Cowboys are good. You don't get to 11-1 by sucking. I give them their due. I just don't see why they can't get refs that know what they are doing.
The one in FRONT of the play, who had the best view, should have been the one to make the call. But thats not what happened.
Oh well.........not much i can do but blow off my frustration over it by talking about it.
If i'm allowed to, that is. :wink:

Members online

Latest posts