Round 2 62nd pick Josh Myers center from THE Ohio State

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought there were better OCs available, so the Packers had them ranked differently. Talking heads said Ohio State likes to place the most athletic IOL at center. Seems the takes on the guy vary quite a bit. After taking Jenkins, I figure the Packers know a thing or two about identifying IOL. I suspect he will do very well for us.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t mind the pick. There were better options, but he can play multiple positions, so that’s a plus.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought there were better OCs available, so the Packers had them ranked differently. Talking heads said Ohio State likes to place the most athletic IOL at center. Seems the takes on the guy vary quite a bit. After taking Jenkins, I figure the Packers know a thing or two about identifying IOL. I suspect he will do very well for us.
I was watching him and he moves really well. If he's anything like their last 2nd round OL pick, i'm ecstatic. But I think he's going to be good.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Gutekunst said it came down to Myers or Amari Rodgers at 62. War room spent the entire 3rd round trying to trade up for Rodgers.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While not a **** pick, it solidifies the line... Now just need to figure out tackle. I expect day 3 will be depth at tackle and defensive line.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching him and he moves really well. If he's anything like their last 2nd round OL pick, i'm ecstatic. But I think he's going to be good.
Good, that does reassure me.

I just really wanted Quinn Meinerz. Think that he is still really raw and will develop even more. Plus he is a character and is fun to Cheer for.

That's me and I trust Gute and company more than my gut ( as ample as it might be)

Reaction score
I think we might open with iDL or iLB. We've had good luck overall in the mid rounds at LB, but I could see another heat seeking Safety to be a hybrid chesspiece (Tyree Gillespie etc..)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts