Round 2 62nd pick Josh Myers center from THE Ohio State

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like getting a center. They passed over the OK center so he must be good. Very good not to have to play Jenkins at center.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked it, but whenever I start a thread, seems someone has already beaten me to it LOL So i just wait.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do not mind the position. If he is better than Menierz and Humphrey then good pick. Have to trust they know more than I do. Which is a pretty safe assumption.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always wanted The Pack to draft a center high. I think it is a much more valuable position than the credit it is given,

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a major need so they got one. This helps Rodgers stays upright and keep the OLINE as one solid unit.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Love the pick. Problem with Humphrey is that he is a lefty. That is a risk if you are asking him to play Center. Myers is also more versatile and can play G as well. Packers love moving guys around on the line. Great move.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ambivalent yet again....seems to be a theme with our draft picks.

I agree with this. I just laughed at seeing the war room pretend to be all happy and ecstatic when they showed them before the pick.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the pick. Myers brings even more versatility into the line, he can play all 3 positions in the iOL. Tough and huge guy. I dont like that they didnt pick Creed Humphrey tho, he is the better prospect.

Also it will be intersting to see how the Packers mvoe the line around. It really is a mystery at the moment.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Myers was off my radar because he did not test. Last time they took an OL in the 2nd that was off my radar, it worked out pretty well.

But they had their pick of the centers in this class not named ****erson and picked him ahead of all the others.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got guff for mocking him to us a couple times, dude is a legit starter now for us if we want him to be at center...so joke all you want that was genuine happiness in the war room.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this means they can move Jenkins to RT. Makes the whole line stronger. Hopefully they're not done with the oline.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been screamin' about the O-Line all off season. I love replacing a Center from Ohio State WITH a Center from Ohio State. I like his size, I like that he's had big game experience. I LOVE the rib the front office played on Rashan Gary by having him...a Michigan man and a converted D-Lineman announcing the pick of an O-Lineman from State. This was a great pick. In the drafts I've seen I've seen him go in the 40's to get him at 62 is a steal.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks like he can be a really good center, has the body for it. He is strong, moves well and from what they say anyway, pretty intelligent. and Just watching him, he can play. I think it's a good pick. He has the tools.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers was the #1 Center on my board. He can play all 3 positions, and he has plus athleticism for an interior lineman. It was a little bit earlier than I expected but when you get the #1 guy at a position group I think there's some leeway that should be given there.

While Elgton can play anything, I think his talent is wasted at Center; him playing elsewhere would be undoubtedly better for the offense. I honestly wouldn't mind if Myers plugged in at Right Guard and allowed Patrick to remain at Center because there is at least some pre-existing chemistry there with Rodgers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McFly their is not that much left as far as OT goes. On another note was all the hype about Quinn M. just hype?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Meinerz still needs work, Myers has been playing against NFL-Caliber talent in games and at practice for the last 4 years.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a way we can retitle this thread to give the man respect? Myers is a great addition to this team and should get a thread like every other pick.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McFly their is not that much left as far as OT goes. On another note was all the hype about Quinn M. just hype?

There are plenty of guys available in the draft who can play, you just haven't heard of them. Who had heard of Bahk before he was taken in the 4th? Lang? Sitton? Every single year there are guys who get called who I never heard of who turn out to be great picks.

As for Meinerz, as good as he looked at the senior bowl, I can't imagine taking a guy from D3 and putting him right in the mix of the NFL. He might be good but it'll probably take a good while for him to adjust. Myers has been facing NFL caliber guys for years now.

D

Deleted member 6794

I definitely wanted the Packers to address the offensive line early in this year's draft but am a bit disappointed they didn't select a prospect capable of playing at tackle. Once again I don't know anything about the player, just for the record he has never taken a single snap anywhere aside of center with the Buckeyes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Moore Jr, Foresyth, Jaimes, Young and wildcard Josh Ball are my best 5 OTs out there. Love to add Moore or Foresyth today

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts