1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Rough start for Lord Favre

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Aug 21, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +47
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    sounds like a solid start to me
    there is olny one way to go from here ..

3. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Here we go, with the sour grapes bullsh*t...

Get ready for it all year.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    lol and if this was Rodgers, Levens would sure be here jumping up n down in glee

5. lambeauharrier

lambeauharrier Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yep. and somehow TT would come into this!

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    The Vikings announcers apparently had some of the purple cool-aid before the game. Understandable I guess. Lord "Silverhaire" Favre has arrived!!! The two 3 and outs, and 1-4 completions didn't bother them at all. The color guy was nearly pissing his pants for joy and actually said how these would be completions in the regular season. Oh Really!? Becasue the recievers will learn to read Bretta's thoughts? Yeah, sure. Then comments about him getting laid out twice was actually good as it showed he can still get up from big hits. Oh Really, having your $12M man laid out twice is good? Vikings better fix that line or that $12M man isn't going to last the season. And if he does get hurt and forces Chilly to play him anyway. Well, ask the jets how that works out.

It was funny to see the Vikings fans act like Favre was the 2nd coming. 40 year old wackjob egomaniac with a refurbished arm!? You gotta be kidding me. "We are SB bound baby!" Ask the Cowboys about crowning themselves King before playing out the 16 games, and playoffs.

Hey, at least he is the Vikings "Wackjob Egomaniac with a Refurbished arm". Enjoy the 3-5 interception games Vikes. They're coming.

After all the negative comments I've had to read from Viking fans the last 15 years about Favre, NOW the dude can do no wrong in their opinion!

F'ing Hypocrites.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    LOL he didnt have a great 1st pre season game did he?

8. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    He got off the plane a few days ago..

He's throwing to receivers he just met, many who are as inexperienced as the Packer receivers were when Favre brought the Packers to 14-3...He is going to be just fine..and so are the Vikings.

Sour grapes...Murgen?

9. mateus

mateus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he skipped out on training camp: thats a fact aint it Levens?

10. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    Regardless it is still JUST a preseason game. The real "review" should be week #1 when it actually counts.

DISCLAIMER: The above message does not express love or hate for Favre. Just stating facts about preseason football. :) (in case anyone was confused!)

11. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Good post at Star Tribune..I wholeheartedly agree!

Favre made the Packers competetive

From 69 to 92 the packers have been to the playoffs once or twice. since then with Favre they have been there almost every year. Packer fans need to recognise who made who. GO VIKINGS!!!!
    posted by vikegreg on Aug 23, 09 at 1:39 pm | 8 of 9 people liked this comment.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    A vikings post telling me how to be a packer fan. Do not mind if I disagree...

13. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Is this what D. Levens does? He just searches the internet for any little comment that praises favre as of now. D. Levens, grow up.