Roster Needs (If They Run it Back)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See that’s interesting about blocking because I’m seeing that being a general weakness for Likely because of his limited usage there. Maybe not enough to be a huge concern, just needs refinement (converted WR)

It’s hard to say, but I think just the Conference alone pushes him into the 3rd Round, maybe not to #92, but who’s to say if he breaks past the top #75 we would’ve trade up slightly to ****** him.
I have Likely in the mid-late area Round 3. I don’t think he’s refined enough for a top #64 selection. Again a player is worth what someone is willing to pay, that includes draft capital.

Honestly I don't think any truly are 2nd round guys. I think TE group deserves to start getting picked in 3rd - which means a few will be nabbed early in the second for teams that especially like a guy most likely.

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think any truly are 2nd round guys. I think TE group deserves to start getting picked in 3rd - which means a few will be nabbed early in the second for teams that especially like a guy most likely.
Is that an Isaiah pun? If it is it’s very prophetic :coffee:
He’s got one thing going for him.. he’s very Likely

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See that’s interesting about blocking because I’m seeing that being a general weakness for Likely because of his limited usage there. Maybe not enough to be a huge concern, just needs refinement (converted WR)

It’s hard to say, but I think just the Conference alone pushes him into the 3rd Round, maybe not to #92, but who’s to say if he breaks past the top #75 we would’ve trade up slightly to ****** him.
I have Likely in the mid-late area Round 3. I don’t think he’s refined enough for a top #64 selection. Again it’s Anyones guess I’m no expert, but it’s true a player is worth what someone is willing to pay, that includes draft capital.

I’ll be happy with a TE before Rd 5
I will be happy if we do not draft a TE until round 7.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this thread was started before the Adams trade. It is painfully obvious now that WR is the #1 need. I expect teams to make trades before and especially on draft day. I am hoping the Pack does not have to trade up. I have run what I call the worst case scenario as the draft order stands today. Here are IMO the most likely, probably, and possiby WR picks before #22.
#8- ATL- There WR room may be worse than GB- Most likely
#10- Jets - After using there #4 pick on BPA they may very well do the same at #10. They do have picks 35 & 38 to address WR. Probable.
#11- WSH - Would they take a QB this early? Do they take BPA? They do pick again at 47. Possibly.
#13- See Jets. BPA at #3. Then BPA or WR? They pick again at 37. Possibly. This would become Most likely if they trade Cooks.
#18- N.O. - I do not think they can count on MThom. I do not think they go QB here either. Most likely.
#19- PHL - Somewhere at 15,16,19 a WR will be taken. Most likely.
#21- N.E. - The trade for Parker change this from most likely to possible.
#22- GB - Depending how the board falls if it is BPA or WR. Gute will not take a chance like he did 2 yrs ago trying to trade up and getting blanked at WR. Worse case scenario this is the 8th WR picked.
#23- ARZ- They need to replace Kirk. Probable.
#28 - GB- If the possibles do not go WR before this the Pack better grab one here, whether they took one at 22 or not.
Next step, who could grab a WR before #53.
ATL - have picks 43 and 58 which I expect one to be a QB and the other could be a 2nd WR.
Jets- if they do not take one at #10 they will at either 35 or 38.
WSH-if not at 11 probably at 47.
Hou- if not at #13 then at #37.
N.O.- if not at 18 then at 49.
ARZ if not at 23 then at 55.
New teams
#29- KC has 29-30-50. I personally think they wait until 50 unless everyone I mentioned above in the 1st round goes WR.
#32- DET- Most likely.
#33- JAX- Possibly
#39-CHI- I expect either 39 or 48 could be a WR. Possible.
#42- Indy- Probable.
#44 CLV- Probable
#45 BLT -Possible
#52 PIT - Possible
Again worst case scenario leaves the 18th WR off the board at 53.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So this thread was started before the Adams trade. It is painfully obvious now that WR is the #1 need. I expect teams to make trades before and especially on draft day. I am hoping the Pack does not have to trade up. I have run what I call the worst case scenario as the draft order stands today. Here are IMO the most likely, probably, and possiby WR picks before #22.
#8- ATL- There WR room may be worse than GB- Most likely
#10- Jets - After using there #4 pick on BPA they may very well do the same at #10. They do have picks 35 & 38 to address WR. Probable.
#11- WSH - Would they take a QB this early? Do they take BPA? They do pick again at 47. Possibly.
#13- See Jets. BPA at #3. Then BPA or WR? They pick again at 37. Possibly. This would become Most likely if they trade Cooks.
#18- N.O. - I do not think they can count on MThom. I do not think they go QB here either. Most likely.
#19- PHL - Somewhere at 15,16,19 a WR will be taken. Most likely.
#21- N.E. - The trade for Parker change this from most likely to possible.
#22- GB - Depending how the board falls if it is BPA or WR. Gute will not take a chance like he did 2 yrs ago trying to trade up and getting blanked at WR. Worse case scenario this is the 8th WR picked.
#23- ARZ- They need to replace Kirk. Probable.
#28 - GB- If the possibles do not go WR before this the Pack better grab one here, whether they took one at 22 or not.
Next step, who could grab a WR before #53.
ATL - have picks 43 and 58 which I expect one to be a QB and the other could be a 2nd WR.
Jets- if they do not take one at #10 they will at either 35 or 38.
WSH-if not at 11 probably at 47.
Hou- if not at #13 then at #37.
N.O.- if not at 18 then at 49.
ARZ if not at 23 then at 55.
New teams
#29- KC has 29-30-50. I personally think they wait until 50 unless everyone I mentioned above in the 1st round goes WR.
#32- DET- Most likely.
#33- JAX- Possibly
#39-CHI- I expect either 39 or 48 could be a WR. Possible.
#42- Indy- Probable.
#44 CLV- Probable
#45 BLT -Possible
#52 PIT - Possible
Again worst case scenario leaves the 18th WR off the board at 53.
Your comments about GB picks. You do know that Gutekunst does not operate this way?

If your worst case scenario plays out, it will be the most bizarre draft in the history of professional sports. 18 WR out of 53 picks? That's obtuse.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the most desperate needs on the roster is for a reliable (and maybe even dangerous) punt returner. Who are the accomplished guys in this class?

-Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA: 26 PR, 496, 2 TD, 19.0 YPR
-Calvin Austin III, WR, MEM: 29 PR, 323, 2 TD, 11.1 YPR
-Jahan Dotson, WR, PSU: 25 PR, 338 yards, 1 TD, 13.5 YPR
-Romeo Doubs, WR, NEV: 37 PR, 463 yards, 1 TD, 12.5 YPR
-Velus Jones, WR, TEN: 18 PR, 272 yards, 15.1 YPR
-Khalil Shakir, WR, BSU: 24 PR, 180 yards, 7.5 YPR
I like Dotson out of Penn State.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jelani woods would be punishing if he there in round 2 he is huge is the hype real tho? Safety is a huge priority as well. I think Green Bay is gonna go OL EDGE DL WR first four picks or move up and take someone as well too. I think drake London and Alec pierce are gonna be there guy. Which I’m not thrilled about
Alec Pierce is pretty much a Jordy clone..so I think they have some interest. One of the wrs..might be London has 6xl hands..would like to see that guy here. Jelani Woods would be an excellent choice in 2nd rd.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do see a somewhat of a need at Oline..I just don't think they get desperate and pick any in the 1st rd. I sure hope they don't draft that 26 year old either.Oline is also deep in this draft. Let's hope for some 4th & 5th rd picks there.

Reaction score
I will be happy if we do not draft a TE until round 7.
I think that’s too late when you consider we have 6 selections outside of the 2 WR we likely acquire by the close of Round 5. That’s kinda like saying TE doesn’t make a top 7 positional need.
I don’t agree with that I have TE a top 5 need even IF Tonyan is healthy. Good chance he either prices himself out of GB or never regains his 2020 composure, one or the other.
We can’t rely on Lewis to be our future and Stern was a recent, failed experiment and lost investment from Day 2 draft. I don’t see evidence that a 7th Rounder is the answer to all these future dilemmas at TE. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a late 7th Rounder work, but ain’t happening imo

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that’s too late when you consider we have 6 selections outside of the 2 WR we likely acquire by the close of Round 5. That’s kinda like saying TE doesn’t make a top 7 positional need.
I don’t agree with that I have TE a top 5 need even IF Tonyan is healthy. Good chance he either prices himself out of GB or never regains his 2020 composure, one or the other.
We can’t rely on Lewis to be our future and Stern was a recent, failed experiment and lost investment from Day 2 draft. I don’t see evidence that a 7th Rounder is the answer to all these future dilemmas at TE. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a late 7th Rounder work, but ain’t happening imo
The thing is, nobody is picking a TE to go in the 1st round. So if we get the #1 TE; are we really getting a good one? I've heard most are kind of slow. Maybe we could just do better at a different position.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, nobody is picking a TE to go in the 1st round. So if we get the #1 TE; are we really getting a good one? I've heard most are kind of slow. Maybe we could just do better at a different position.

The top shelf TEs like Likely and McBride most grade out a full grade/round lower than say like Pitts.

That is one reason I find myself liking the more inline Y rounded TEs of this draft more like Ruckert or Ferguson and then some deeper options for growth in Bellinger or Kolar. Not one of these TEs do I personally grade higher than the third. I do however expect one atleast to go in the second though.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually TE does not make my top 7 positional need.
#1 & 2-WR needs no explanation. Hopefully both made sense in their 1st 4 picks.
3-4-5-6-7 could go in any order. 22-28-53-59 ( whichever 2 are left after WR)-92-130-142. Take the BPA of:
OL- they know the health of Bakh and Jenkins
Edge- need depth and future starter.
ILB- see above
DBs- hate the depth at both spots especially corner but safety has the bad contract situations.
8&9- DL has probably the best depth. But 2 guys are on last year of contract. TE - every starting snap from last year is back. Contract situations are not good. Bring in a FA who did not get resigned after his rookie deal was up to compete for a spot ahead of Daffney and Davis.
Use the 3 7th rounders.
1. if possible package 228 with either 132,140 or 171 to move up slightly if it makes sense.
2. A punt returner.
3A. If not 100% sold on Kylin Hill injury recovery grab a RB. Otherwise bring in an UDFA to compete with Taylor.
3B. ST experience.
This is all speculation. Every time one of us talks about trading up or trading back we are assuming there is a trade partner. That is not always the case. We do not know the health of some of these guys which could make a position more or less of a need. We do not know what type of conversations they are having with free agents, both their own and from other teams. For example, maybe they are waiting until after the draft to make a decision on Dennis Kelly. Maybe he told them he will sign back on a 1 year deal or retire. They might still be talking to Kevin King, or even Lancaster waiting to see how things play out in the draft. These conversations could effect their order of needs.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top shelf TEs like Likely and McBride most grade out a full grade/round lower than say like Pitts.

That is one reason I find myself liking the more inline Y rounded TEs of this draft more like Ruckert or Ferguson and then some deeper options for growth in Bellinger or Kolar. Not one of these TEs do I personally grade higher than the third. I do however expect one atleast to go in the second though.
Like but I can't see taking a TE just to take one. Wait till next year and see how Deguara actually turns out. Who I think could play a normal TE. We cubbyhole people so much on this team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like but I can't see taking a TE just to take one. Wait till next year and see how Deguara actually turns out. Who I think could play a normal TE. We cubbyhole people so much on this team.
Deguara isn’t a big framed in-line Y tight end. I was high on him, but dude simply doesn’t hold the frame from God to be that.

Right now Dog has the role, Tonyan could but could be costly if he proves healthy in this one year deal and Tyler Davis has the outside track looking in.

I am a big Ruckert fan if he falls to 92 if he doesn’t Bellinger on Day 3 is excellent value and future investment…just my two cents. Personally I’m not wasting anything above our late Day 2 on a TE given our room has Big Dog, Tonyan, Deguara, Dafney and Davis all in and all with reasons to have a role in the 2022 room.

Members online

Latest posts