Roster Moves This Week

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keenan Lewis sounds intriguing as a FA pick-up... has had hip issues for last 2 seasons but has had the last 14 weeks "off" to heal. Saints are paying his $2.7Mil salary so would only take a vet-min. contract (guessing) to bring him in.

Why would we want Brandon Marshall? Team chemistry is pretty good, why throw dynamite into the locker room?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why would we want Brandon Marshall? Team chemistry is pretty good, why throw dynamite into the locker room?

Couldn't agree more. While I would love to have the skill set that a guy like Brandon Marshall has, it just seems like players like him can be a bigger team distraction then they are worth. Now if the Packers could talk Megatron out of retirement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Hate to say it, but with the way both of those players have been in and out of the lineup, I'm not counting on both of them being able to finish the season playing every game. Maybe the Packers are banking on Shields being able to come back, but I would feel a lot more comfortable with another quality CB on the roster.

I wouldn't mond adding another quality cornerback either.

Well ya....but Randall is out for a good 5 more weeks and idk what the Rollins timeline is. I wish Hawkins got some more looks out there. I really can not understand why they put Goodson on the field and why he is even on the team other than for special teams. He has become my new Brad Jones.

Unfortunately Hawkins struggled mightily in his only regular season snaps vs. the Lions as well. I agree that he mist likely has a higher ceiling than Goodson though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Hawkins looked good until he fell down that one play at the end of the half. He had another bad cover on a td in the endzone but he also made some nice plays early in the game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Let the young CB's play and grow. Forget the CB trade. We need a good consistent pass rush to get QB's from becoming comfortable. Almost all the QB's we face in the next 6 weeks are either immobile or consistently make mistakes. Put the onus on Capers, Matthews, Perry and Peppers to protect the young CB's while they learn. Certainly some of these upcoming opponents have OL issues. If our stars on defense can't play like stars while our offense finds it's new identity, then we have no business being in the playoffs. We need for the vets to step up their games.

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. While I would love to have the skill set that a guy like Brandon Marshall has, it just seems like players like him can be a bigger team distraction then they are worth. Now if the Packers could talk Megatron out of retirement.
Yes. Or kidnap Julio Jones and make him wear Geronimos uniform :tup:

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought Hawkins looked good until he fell down that one play at the end of the half. He had another bad cover on a td in the endzone but he also made some nice plays early in the game.

Hawkins only played seven snaps vs. the Lions. Unfortunately giving up a 73 yard touchdown in limited action is a recipe for disaster.

Members online

Latest posts