1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Roster cuts

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DTown SBrown, Sep 4, 2010.

1. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I really hope that we make some moves with all the cuts going on. There is some good talent that didn't make some teams out there.

2. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I don't know how Tom Crabtree keeps a spot over Spencer Havner

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I think Crabtree was a better blocker than Havner.

Keep in mind, Havner had been on the team since 2006. For three years he had a chance to solidify a position above Donald Lee and Jermichael Finley, and he wasn't able to do so. Trying to trade him makes sense.

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, I don't see it as a big deal. Teams tend to change things up each year, including new plays, new cadence, etc. If they felt like his going to a division rival would be a threat to our team, they wouldn't have cut him.

5. JamesCA

JamesCA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Havner to the Lions?

I saw a blurb that the Lions had claimed Havner. I hope Crabtree will justify his spot.

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Well, at this point, Havner wasn't really much better. We've had him since 2006, and he was never a stand out player. Yes, he made a couple of great plays for us, but he wasn't really improving. Sometimes it's just better to move on.

7. normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I love Havner is a fan favorite but he's blocking has been suspect and he only had 7 recs last year. Yeah, 4 were TDs but only 7 catches makes me wonder. He was only wildly open too. Like the defense just let him do as he pleased and left him alone. Personally glad he was cut. Wish we had cut Swain too.