1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

"Rossley vows to ride out changes" by P. Dougherty

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PWT36, Dec 31, 2005.

1. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This article in my opinion is excellent assessment of situation of Green Bay Packers at of the end of 2005 wriiten by sports writer of the Green Bay Press-Gazette Pete Dougherty.-- PWT 36 longtime(Life time) Packer fan located in De Pere Wi just five miles from Lambeau Field ---Posted Dec. 31, 2005

Rossley vows to ride out changes
    Packers offensive coordinator Tom Rossley insists he’s staying on the job, even if coach Mike Sherman shuffles his staff after a disappointing season. File/Press-Gazette

By Pete Dougherty
    PackersNews.com

If Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Tom Rossley leaves coaching any time soon, it won’t be because of his health.

Rossley, 59, has had two heart episodes in the last 15 months, including angioplasty surgery in 2004. But he says he still has the fire to coach and hasn’t been advised to leave the profession by his doctors.

Considering the Packers’ 3-12 record going into their regular-season finale against Seattle on Sunday, Mike Sherman likely will make a change or two on his staff if he’s retained as coach.

But Rossley, a long-time colleague and friend of Sherman’s, doesn’t plan to leave his position because of his health or for any other reason. He’s probably received more criticism from outside the organization than any Sherman assistant over the past several years.

“I’ve got plenty of good work ahead of me,â€

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: "Rossley vows to ride out changes" by P. Dough

Fire his ace, no questions asked.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

ok, can we say "full of himself" a million times?!? how delusional can one person be??

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0

Besides leaving coaching, another option to get Rossley more time to exercise and rest would be cutting back his responsibilities or changing his job description. But Rossley wants none of that.

“I wouldn’t want to cut back on my workload,â€

5. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Living in a dream world!

6. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

My personal feeling that Sherman needs to be replaced is based on his never ending love for this jerk. If mike sherman is dumb enough to keep this guy around year after year maybe they should go out to pasture togeather. If a offense a child could call the defense against, is what the packers need.... this man is perfect for the job.

7. PACKATTACK4

PACKATTACK4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

“I don’t know,â€

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

This article clearly shows that he doesn't understand. If TT read the article he should be smiling and thinking to himself, this man is dilusional, and then fire him.

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0