First 2024 Mock

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're just about 1/4 through the season and at 2-2 I thought it might be a good time to do my first mock of 2024. I'm going to assume our needs don't change going forward. So I'll be looking for in NO particular order: ILB, S, 2 T, RB

Pick 18: Cooper DeJean S Iowa: Right now Iowa's Defensive are getting drafted early and with an obvious need at Safety, and probably multiple Safeties this seems like a safe pick. No other players were considered in this spot

Pick 34: (Assuming it's the Rodgers pick) Cameron Kinchens S Miami. Kinchens I've seen a little bit, and in my own beliefs is the #1 Safety. Other player considered here was Jeremiah Trotter Jr ILB Clemson.

Pick 59: Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin: If you live in Wisconsin this one doesn't really need to be explained. Add to that the fact that our starting back has now missed 2 games out of the first 4 and most RBs are useless by age 30 we need to start looking and drafting.

Pick 82: Cedric Gray ILB North Carolina: Let's be honest Campbell isn't what he was year 1 in Green Bay anymore, and we need a partner with Quay, that can take over when Quay gets himself benched or ejected due to stupidity. I like the size at 6'2.5 and 235...I like the Mack Brown training. I also like that Gene Chizik a National Championship winning coach is part of the defensive staff. This kid will hit the NFL well trained and ready to go. Others considered here Zak Zinter G Michigan, Tommy Eichenberg ILB Ohio State, KJ Jefferson QB Arkansas, Smael Mondon Jr. ILB Georgia

Pick 118 Matt Goncalves T Pittsburgh: Prototypical Left Tackle 6'6 330. We know we need to draft this position now if Walker proves he's not the guy. If Walker proves he can play or if Bakhtiari comes back as good as ever this kid could sit and learn for a year or two and play on the other side of the line. Others considered here Danny Stutsman ILB Oklahoma and Javon Foster OT Missouri.

Pick 154 Rylie Mills DL Notre Dame: This kid is long and quick like Van Ness, and while I would've liked another tackle here no one else was worth the pick.

Pick 169 Layden Robinson G Texas A&M: Another "non-need"/depth pick. This guy is a definite upgrade from Newman, could also push Runyan for his spot on the right side. Others considered QB Tyler Van **** Miami

Pick 193: Gottlieb Ayedze T Maryland: Big Road grading Big Then Tackle. Others considered here Eric Gentry ILB USC and Deshawn Pace ILB Cincinnati

Pick 216: Matthew Jones G Ohio State: I just grabbed a guy because fanspeak doesn't allow trades on the free side of the simulator. If so I would've tried to trade out of it.

Pick 218: Byron Murphy DL Texas: Ditto, not seeing much at the 3nd of the 6th that I like.

Piick 237: Drake Nugent C Michigan: I think we're all seeing that Myers maybe isn't the guy to make the calls on this O-Line. Whether it's moving Tom in or drafting multiple Tackles or both, or drafting another C, moves can and have to be made.

Interested in your thoughts as you read this. I myself hated my 6th round, and didn't like the fact that I went S S with my first two picks. Also not sure Allen is there at 50.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooper is not a safety - 2022 he played 68% of snaps wide corner, 17% at slot corner. Zero snaps are listed as free safety with less than a hundred in the box snaps. 2023 he is playing 83% of snaps as wide corner and 5.3% more at slot corner. He is not a safety. He is however a VERY good CB prospect - may be a Day 1 but I struggle there personally but is likely in my Top 50/70 prospects this early in the scouting.

Now Kam is a safety and a prospect I truly like and think he will be one of the first three safeties possibly picked next year in the 2024 draft.

I like Allen - just personally struggle with a RB before the third, be a lot like the Dillon pick if we did it...I get it, understand it but positionally don't see it.

Whether Gray does or not, if he continues to do well and tests well there is zero chance he makes it to that point in the draft - atm I'd say unrealistic pick personally.

Goncalves I don't see as a starting OT going into the season, but haven't watch film yet of him it looks like per my notes. Going into the year I had him as a late Day3 grade projected - time will tell. I do note he is not a run blocker at all and is one of the issues I have in the con-column I wanted to see improvement from

I'm a Notre Dame fan - live thirty minutes from there. I'm sorry but Rylie Mills and Lukas Van Ness need to never be in a sentence together - only trait I say is close between them is their pigmentation. Rylie is better down and in ground, now do I think Rylie is draftable....I'm iffy. Very low ceiling guy IMO and not one I'm taking till late Day3 personally, especially given we already have Brooks and Wooden in a similar vein as what Rylie would be trying to do.

Gottlieb is a project T...measurables appear in place but having only three starts at Maryland as he came from Frostburg State (yes you read that right...it does exist). He has done serviceably well, but his run blocking grades have sucked...be curious if I get to his film if I see that or if he is better than those indicate. Personally UDFA priority on my lists atm

Nugent doesn't make it to that round IMO

At worst we are losing Yosh and Bakh as far as contributing OL, to then draft 5 more - not a move a good GM would do IMO.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooper is not a safety - 2022 he played 68% of snaps wide corner, 17% at slot corner. Zero snaps are listed as free safety with less than a hundred in the box snaps. 2023 he is playing 83% of snaps as wide corner and 5.3% more at slot corner. He is not a safety. He is however a VERY good CB prospect - may be a Day 1 but I struggle there personally but is likely in my Top 50/70 prospects this early in the scouting.

Now Kam is a safety and a prospect I truly like and think he will be one of the first three safeties possibly picked next year in the 2024 draft.

I like Allen - just personally struggle with a RB before the third, be a lot like the Dillon pick if we did it...I get it, understand it but positionally don't see it.

Whether Gray does or not, if he continues to do well and tests well there is zero chance he makes it to that point in the draft - atm I'd say unrealistic pick personally.

Goncalves I don't see as a starting OT going into the season, but haven't watch film yet of him it looks like per my notes. Going into the year I had him as a late Day3 grade projected - time will tell. I do note he is not a run blocker at all and is one of the issues I have in the con-column I wanted to see improvement from

I'm a Notre Dame fan - live thirty minutes from there. I'm sorry but Rylie Mills and Lukas Van Ness need to never be in a sentence together - only trait I say is close between them is their pigmentation. Rylie is better down and in ground, now do I think Rylie is draftable....I'm iffy. Very low ceiling guy IMO and not one I'm taking till late Day3 personally, especially given we already have Brooks and Wooden in a similar vein as what Rylie would be trying to do.

Gottlieb is a project T...measurables appear in place but having only three starts at Maryland as he came from Frostburg State (yes you read that right...it does exist). He has done serviceably well, but his run blocking grades have sucked...be curious if I get to his film if I see that or if he is better than those indicate. Personally UDFA priority on my lists atm

Nugent doesn't make it to that round IMO

At worst we are losing Yosh and Bakh as far as contributing OL, to then draft 5 more - not a move a good GM would do IMO.
From my perspective we're not at a spot where we need to plug holes...DESPERATELY.

Fanspeak has Cooper as a Safety. That's all I know. I've not seen Iowa yet. Think I'll be seeing them this weekend.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my perspective we're not at a spot where we need to plug holes...DESPERATELY.

Fanspeak has Cooper as a Safety. That's all I know. I've not seen Iowa yet. Think I'll be seeing them this weekend.

I'd recommend never trusting any mock draft site's categorizations of positions and even stats and snaps and such. Most upload them even once and never retouch them...sad really.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like the idea of getting another stud inside linebacker to go along with Q.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like the idea of getting another stud inside linebacker to go along with Q.

It is a position we are bound to keep drafting mid or low, but some year Gute will jump on one he likes to pair with Quay before Campbell either is done or ages out. Could be this next year or not...I could understand going one more year and try hitting one in the 4th or 5th. McDuffie has continued to ascend but not there yet.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a position we are bound to keep drafting mid or low, but some year Gute will jump on one he likes to pair with Quay before Campbell either is done or ages out. Could be this next year or not...I could understand going one more year and try hitting one in the 4th or 5th. McDuffie has continued to ascend but not there yet.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, i dont reply much I am more of a observer. You are an easy 75% reason im on this Forum. I want to thank you for all your effort and observations. You make it fun.

Reaction score
OT is supposedly a thicker position group towards that Day1-2 grouping
Going with #18 overall natural and a Jets #48 overall bonus

#18 Jer’Zhan Newton, DL
#48 Patrick Paul OT
#50 Barrett Carter, LB
#82 Donovan Edwards, RB
#119 (4th) Beau Brade, Safety
#134 (comp) Dorian Singer, WR
#153 (5th) Tony Grimes, CB
#175 (5th comp) K Amegadjie, OT
#188 (6th pack) Jalen Catalon, S
#236 (7th)
#251 (comp)
#257 (comp)

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my perspective we're not at a spot where wA

I screwed up my own post I meant to say we're NOW at a spot where we need to plug holes...DESPERATELY.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I screwed up my own post I meant to say we're NOW at a spot where we need to plug holes...DESPERATELY.

But are we really? To the extent of spending half your draft capital on one position group?

I just cannot be convinced of that. Now spending two Top 100 picks or maybe three total all draft I could easily see....but FIVE, just not a logical approach to it given what we have still here:

-Elgton Jenkins, one of the top guards in the league
-Zach Tom, one of the quickest ascending strengths on our OL and with Bakh likely done is easily our second best OL (he's only in year 2).
-Josh Myers, on his third year starting at center for us...he's been above average, average and below average all at times in his career. Is he worth a second contract? More evidence to no for me right now, but he is still very cheap in his rookie deal for one more year at a position where you can typically draft a starter given positional value almost any draft you want to target one....even if it is a mid tier type that won't be better but as good would be worth it.
-Jon Runyan....honestly very similar to what was said about Myers can be said about Runyan. He has progressed, albeit slower than you'd like...but right now he is one of our best 5 and not a terrible guard with serious starting experience in the league.
-Rasheed Walker....a guy that quickly this year bypassed Yosh on the depth chart and has seen a solid game and a terrible game. Too early to know, but we truly may have an NFL starting tackle or he could be that swing depth tackle worst case.
-Caleb Jones...guys love him and he is a project rumored to be a year from possibly proving ready
-Sean Rhyan...had an excellent camp and I sense we may see if he can do it in a game here soon or not.

Yosh...could be back cheap one year deal if he knows Bakh is gone and losing a starting spot to Walker/Tom he doesn't have many suitors in FA...who knows.

Worst case we enter draft/FA with clear starters Jenkins/Tom/Myers/Runyan....an above average four if not arguably good.

We need OL help 100%, but not half a draft class.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But are we really? To the extent of spending half your draft capital on one position group?

I just cannot be convinced of that. Now spending two Top 100 picks or maybe three total all draft I could easily see....but FIVE, just not a logical approach to it given what we have still here:

-Elgton Jenkins, one of the top guards in the league
-Zach Tom, one of the quickest ascending strengths on our OL and with Bakh likely done is easily our second best OL (he's only in year 2).
-Josh Myers, on his third year starting at center for us...he's been above average, average and below average all at times in his career. Is he worth a second contract? More evidence to no for me right now, but he is still very cheap in his rookie deal for one more year at a position where you can typically draft a starter given positional value almost any draft you want to target one....even if it is a mid tier type that won't be better but as good would be worth it.
-Jon Runyan....honestly very similar to what was said about Myers can be said about Runyan. He has progressed, albeit slower than you'd like...but right now he is one of our best 5 and not a terrible guard with serious starting experience in the league.
-Rasheed Walker....a guy that quickly this year bypassed Yosh on the depth chart and has seen a solid game and a terrible game. Too early to know, but we truly may have an NFL starting tackle or he could be that swing depth tackle worst case.
-Caleb Jones...guys love him and he is a project rumored to be a year from possibly proving ready
-Sean Rhyan...had an excellent camp and I sense we may see if he can do it in a game here soon or not.

Yosh...could be back cheap one year deal if he knows Bakh is gone and losing a starting spot to Walker/Tom he doesn't have many suitors in FA...who knows.

Worst case we enter draft/FA with clear starters Jenkins/Tom/Myers/Runyan....an above average four if not arguably good.

We need OL help 100%, but not half a draft class.
I can easily see Rhyan being cut at this point. If Walker is the guy at LT great, if not we need one. I also wasn't talking about JUST O-Line. I'm talking O-Line, Safety, ILB, RB

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#18 Jer’Zhan Newton, DL
#48 Patrick Paul OT
#50 Barrett Carter, LB
#82 Donovan Edwards, RB
#236 (7th)
#251 (comp)
#257 (comp)
4 COMP PICKS?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
4 COMP PICKS?
From NFL.com
Green Bay Packers

Projected compensatory pick: One in Round 5; two in Round 6.
Key free-agent losses: Allen Lazard (Jets), Dean Lowry (Vikings), Jarran Reed (Seahawks), Robert Tonyan (Bears).
Key free-agent additions: None.

Comp-pick analysis: The Packers are losing four qualifying free agents, but I expect them to receive just three compensatory picks due to the relatively low APY of Tonyan’s reported deal (one-year, $2.65 million). Lazard should net a fifth-rounder while Reed and Lowry could return a sixth-rounder each.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought Oldschool was wearing his green & gold colored glasses by including 4 comp picks in his mock draft.

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought Oldschool was wearing his green & gold colored glasses by including 4 comp picks in his mock draft.
Oh my Lord. Including a projected #250 draft selection that I didn’t even waste my time labeling with a player? That’s the Pettiest attempt at a dig I’ve seen in a long time. Although, I suppose unsurprising considering the source.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Considering the source. IMO you are absolutely not only the most intelligent poster, but the most respected on here. The masses take your posts as gospel. On the rare occasion that you may be mistaken I just wanted to let others know before they were counting on those 4 comp. picks. As others have noted you may still be correct, depending on Tonyan. Obviously my joking about you and green and gold colored glasses is so much more of a personal dig than your last sentence. I will try and do better to live up to the high standards you have set. Please accept my apology.

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Considering the source. IMO you are absolutely not only the most intelligent poster, but the most respected on here. The masses take your posts as gospel. On the rare occasion that you may be mistaken I just wanted to let others know before they were counting on those 4 comp. picks. As others have noted you may still be correct, depending on Tonyan. Obviously my joking about you and green and gold colored glasses is so much more of a personal dig than your last sentence. I will try and do better to live up to the high standards you have set. Please accept my apology.
Oh No apology necessary. Just making you aware of it being ultra nit picky there. I got you covered I consider you a friend so for me it’s an easy Apology accepted.

I suppose we could have 3 comp picks but Who really knows as those later picks are basically glorified UDFA types in the later 200’s

It’ll get back to being more fun in here once, God Willing, we get a Win on Primetime tv. I know it’s not fun to lose like that, but God often saves the best for last for us.

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as it stands I believe we're currently picking 8th. Let's say hypothetically we find ourselves picking inside the top 5 (which sadly I don't think is out of the question).

Love is under contract thru 2024. If you had a top-5 pick and the leverage to move (if needed) to get the second-best QB in the draft (assuming one will already be gone), would you do it? Take a top-5 pick on a new QB and move on from Love? Stick with Love and invest that premium capital to help him out? Trade down and invest all around?

If Love had a few years left on his contract I don't think it would really be much of a discussion, but as it stands by the time the draft rolls around we'll be in a position where we're either needing to commit to Love for the immediate future (and sign him to a new contract) or let him go and move on to the next thing.

(This is not me saying we should give up on Love or that it's time to move on already or that he's the root of all our problems, and it doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with Rodgers. I know some hae a ve a tendency to take any post about Love that isn't 100% praise to be pure hate towards him and some others have a tendency to drag Rodgers into everything and some have a tendency to do both, so let's just go ahead and get that out of the way up front...)

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as it stands I believe we're currently picking 8th. Let's say hypothetically we find ourselves picking inside the top 5 (which sadly I don't think is out of the question).

Love is under contract thru 2024. If you had a top-5 pick and the leverage to move (if needed) to get the second-best QB in the draft (assuming one will already be gone), would you do it? Take a top-5 pick on a new QB and move on from Love? Stick with Love and invest that premium capital to help him out? Trade down and invest all around?

If Love had a few years left on his contract I don't think it would really be much of a discussion, but as it stands by the time the draft rolls around we'll be in a position where we're either needing to commit to Love for the immediate future (and sign him to a new contract) or let him go and move on to the next thing.

(This is not me saying we should give up on Love or that it's time to move on already or that he's the root of all our problems, and it doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with Rodgers. I know some hae a ve a tendency to take any post about Love that isn't 100% praise to be pure hate towards him and some others have a tendency to drag Rodgers into everything and some have a tendency to do both, so let's just go ahead and get that out of the way up front...)
I wouldn't spend it on a QB even if I'm SURE Love isn't the guy. KJ Jefferson will be available into Day 2, as will be the kid from ND. Also a sleeper is Will Rogers from Mississippi State.

I also am not sure I get a weapon for the QB of the future, as we've done a lot of that in the last 2 drafts. If I'm at a Top 5 spot I'm looking at O-Line Safety, ILB or RB of the future, as we see Jones is getting more injury prone, and we need that good speed back option.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#18 Jer’Zhan Newton, DL
#48 Patrick Paul OT
#50 Barrett Carter, LB
#82 Donovan Edwards, RB
#236 (7th)
#251 (comp)
#257 (comp)
I liked Catalon more last year before he got injured and missed the season. I wouldn't be be surprised if he ends up a UDFA.

Members online

Latest posts