1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Roman Harper

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Feb 12, 2014.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Was just cut by the Saints. Cue Rodell pining for the Packers to sign him, even though he's been over the hill for a year or two now. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Wrong! Will Smith or even Johnathan Vilma on the other hand?? Thats a different story.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    I've heard that name linked with Miami...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If rodell had it his way, harper would be signed for 10 years 120 million with a 20 mill signing bonus. BONEHEAD.

5. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    I'd take him on a one year vet minimum deal with a little roster bonus. Morgan Burnett, who I still have a little confidence in, is not ready to be the vet of the secondary. Roman Harper could teach our guys to be physical whether he's over the hill or not, but you can't pay him hardly anything; obviously past his prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Of course I don't necessarily agree with paying for presence and not for play, but if we could draft Ha Ha or Pryor and give him half or all of his rookie season to sit behind Harper and learn from the guy, I would have no problem with that. If Harper causes issues because of age, the rook gets in the starting lineup early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    The Packers don´t need another SS, Burnett will play there next season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    the question is...harper or md Jennings. harper in a landslide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,549
    I too like Burnett a lot better at SS than FS. Any thoughts on Brooks from FL St. in the mid-rounds? I was watching some clips of the guy the other day...he flies around and doesn't seem to mind sticking his nose in it.

I do find myself coming back to Hyde, though. FS these days coming out of college run in the low to mid-4.5s. Here's the current crop:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2014&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Hyde's 4.52 at the Combine is in line with these guys. Smart player. Tackles well.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I hate when ppl harp on Hydes "40" time. Hyde has football speed and plays faster then his 40. There are alot of good db's who don't run like Deion Sandcastle.

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    If he continues to play he did last season I´d rather have him on the bench, but with the contract he signed last year that won´t happen.

Brooks is a decent option, but I think the Packers should either draft a FS in the first round or get a starter via free agency and use their third and fourth round picks on other positions. The guy I´m intrigued by as a late-round pick is Marqueston Huff. That guy´s lightning fast and can hit as well, not sure he´ll play projects as a FS in the NFL though.

12. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329
    The old timers will remember that everyone said the 67 Packers were over the hill....

13. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +360
    And they probably were.
    They just didn't know it until they were out from Lombardi's whip.

• Like Like x 1