Rodgers' rushing TD called back

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree with the majority here. Of course, the NFL rarely admits to a mistake and will just continue on like a parade horse with blinders on.

At least it beats the college rule, where you are ruled down without any contact if your knee touches the ground.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the NFL needs is a safe word. My ex wife had one and it worked wonders for 10 years. Hers was NO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't like the rule, if it really is one. A player giving himself up should be consistent, no matter what position he plays.

I think they briefly mentioned the rule during the broadcast. A QB is treated differently than any other player.

I posted the exact phrasing of the rule right above your post. A quarterback isn't treated any other way than other positions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted the exact phrasing of the rule right above your post. A quarterback isn't treated any other way than other positions.
maybe not by the rule, but do you think they call a RB or WR, or TE down because he gave himself up diving towards the goal line? I still can't believe they said he was giving himself up.

D

Deleted member 6794

maybe not by the rule, but do you think they call a RB or WR, or TE down because he gave himself up diving towards the goal line? I still can't believe they said he was giving himself up.

No, I don't believe they would have made the same call if it wasn't a quarterback.

Just to be clear, I think it's a terrible rule and was an awful call.

Members online

Latest posts