Rodgers press conference

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There does seem to be a lot of finger pointing on both sides,coaches and players. Maybe there needs to be a boiling point where there is a verbal confrontation on both sides and all of the pent up frustration comes out and everyone knows where everyone else is coming from and this gets fixed.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As far as the play calling and that conference goes, I think Arod was trying hard not to have an outburst of emotion and blame MM. That is just my personal thought. During the pre-season when it was 1st team offense vs 1st team offense and it was in no huddle hurry up mode, Arod was calling the plays and was EATING up the opposing D. I remember an announcer making the comment that Arod was calling the plays at the line. That seemed to work.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
As far as the play calling and that conference goes, I think Arod was trying hard not to have an outburst of emotion and blame MM. That is just my personal thought. During the pre-season when it was 1st team offense vs 1st team offense and it was in no huddle hurry up mode, Arod was calling the plays and was EATING up the opposing D. I remember an announcer making the comment that Arod was calling the plays at the line. That seemed to work.

Maybe MM needs to get out of the way.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have been on here defending MM up to Detroit game but if you look at it it's been, lets throw to one side of the field because were scared of Richard Sherman. Then, Jordy please bail us out against the Jets. And most recently, lets run some stupid draw trap play over and over again and lose yards. That play needs to be buried real deep into the playbook.

This isn't Green Bay packer football and Randall Cobb is right, it is embarrassing.

I have no problem letting Rodgers have more flexibility. He is the best QB in the game after all.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm projecting another inexcusable loss before we get back on the right track. It'll come at some point in the next few weeks. Seems to happen every year, with the exception of 2011.

2009- Lost to the winless Bucs in week 9 to drop to 4 and 4. Went 7 and 1 the rest of the way.
2010- Lost in overtime to the Dolphins, at home in week 6 to fall to 3 and 3. This came right after losing in overtime the week before to the Redskins. Went 7 and 3 the rest of the season.
2011- Didn't have one.
2012- Blew a huge lead to the Colts in week 5 to fall to 2 and 3. Went 9 and 2 the rest of the way.
2013- This year was a bit different because of the injury to Rodgers, but that Bengals loss was really bad. Blew another huge lead and fell to 1 and 2.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Did you only watch this game when looking up from your fantasy football website? Our defense did a heck of a job against a pretty good offense. Stafford with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, tight ends that were supposed to expose our defense, and Reggie Bush didn't get their first touchdown until the middle of the 4th quarter. They piled on some at the end when our defense was starting to wear down, but it was still a good game.

Was it our defense, or Stafford's ineptitude? Both, I'd say--more Stafford, who was terrible in the red zone. And I've never quite bought the idea that a defense "wears down", while the offense it's playing against beats it up. Why don't the offensive players wear down if they're on the field so much? The fact is: we couldn't get off the field on defense. That's disturbing to me. BTW, I don't have any interest in fantasy.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This stuff about WR not getting open is bogus. If you are at the game or watch the all 22 you will see multiple WR running open on every play. The problem has been the o line not pass protecting, rodgers not making quick enough decisions with the ball, and then not being quite as accurate as he normally is. The pass catchers have had a number of drops but people are getting open on every play. In fact when you can see all 22 players you can generally tell who is going to be open pre snap.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inept is a strong word. His pass that Tramon picked off wasn't thrown far enough, but the other INTs weren't his fault. You can say that Stafford and the entire 4th ranked Lions passing offense was inept, or you can give credit to the Packers defense. Either way, they didn't score much of anything until late in the game.

Members online