Rodgers is NOT the problem

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle gets lynch back yikes they are hot right now same with the Chiefs I can also the steelers running the afc

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The best case IMO is that Rodgers' throwing shoulder was more injured than they said when it happened and still is. It shouldn't but it still surprises me when poster post things like he's not even trying or he has to take the off season seriously.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best case IMO is that Rodgers' throwing shoulder was more injured than they said
I guess I missed that report about a shoulder injury, but it wouldn't surprise me if his entire body is hurting, with the beating he takes week after week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1st 6 games all experts said he was mvp again

Thrn played the Rams and he had the no int streak at home broken

Since then he has not played like himself

What ever happened that game hadn't been fixed

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was put on the injury list after the loss to the Lions but my guess is it wasn't the first time he injured his right shoulder. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/351504231.html

Ya, i think everything we say is basically speculatory. I just know the difference between the passes he was making in 2010 and these are quite astounding.

Could be 1,000 different reason ranging from contempt to management, injury, personal life, to maybe he was just playing at a level that was unsustainable... I mean there is no way of knowing why the difference is there.

But I highly recommend anyone to go back and look at what he did that year. Just watch the accuracy, and tell me he isn't different. Still better than most, but that level of play really elevated the packers that year to the super bowl. He made throws with zero separation by the receivers with ease.

The good thing is though... If he can somehow harness that again I believe it is still possible.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not buying the injury thing..he's dinged im sure but it's more the lack of scheme and management. MM and TT both need to take their heads out of their butts. Can't expect young guys to take you to the SB and you can't expect the same plays to work all the time. Especially against a team you play twice a year.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm not buying the injury thing..he's dinged im sure but it's more the lack of scheme and management. MM and TT both need to take their heads out of their butts. Can't expect young guys to take you to the SB and you can't expect the same plays to work all the time. Especially against a team you play twice a year.

Eh ??? Wut ??? 2007 season (Favres last as a Packer) ...

2010 season ... Still pretty Young Group ...

One of the problems with this team is clear leadership ..., both from the coaching staff, but also on the field ...

Granted the O-Line hasn't been up to par, however, but that is only partly why the Pack has been strugling lately ...

*IF* A Rodgers is playing through some undisclosed injury it *could* explain why he has been under performing, however, I don't think this to be the case ...

Personally imo, some of the problems lie in how Rodgers is acting on the field, demeanor and body languagewise ..., it's not the type of leadership that makes you "go the extra mile" ...

Ppl calling out for TT and MacLardy to be canned is over reaching - despite all, they have both proven they Can get the job done ...

As for using weak o-line almost every game is thin ... Ex Patriots have been riddled with injuries aswell, both on the Line and receivers, yet for the most part, they still Got the job done ...

The Pack isn't the only team hurt by injuries, however, they are among the teams, who (apparently) is missing a clear Leader on the field, come game-Day ..,

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To some of the folks in here saying bench Rodgers? Or trade him? Lol you guys can't be serious. Rodgers is the reason why the Packers are even in the playoffs...even if this current offense does stink. No other qb in the league could run for his life every other play and make the throws Rodgers can make. Not Cam, not Brady, not Manning...zilch. Yes he's missed some.. but it happens from time to time and no one completes 100%.

This is a down year for him I would never argue that but blame coaching and management for the bulk of it. lol so many times on Sunday night Collinsworth pointed out how the Vikings defense took away the crossing routes and patterns the Packers like to run and MM NEVER adjusted. In fact the guy has always stunk when it comes to making adjustments and The realist in here know I'm right. How many times did we see Vikings defenders just sitting there in lanes waiting for Packers Wrs to just run to them ? Because I honestly saw it the entire night. Rodgers best passing plays came off broken plays...again like they have all season. How was Cobb a non factor in another big game? Why not put him in the backfield and let him work the Vikings lbs? You kinda like what Turner tried to do with to ours..if Teddy was as accurate as Rodgers he would've thrown at least 3 tds all to his rbs because he actually has a guy who gets it calling the plays. That IHOP menu mccarthy calls a play sheet is just sad. It's got about 200 plays on it but he calls the same 10 plays haha. No creativity or anything. I'd pay to see Sean Payton coach this team and offense. If he got all that production out if noodle arm drew Bree's I can only imagine what he could do with Rodgers.

I have no doubt that Payton would be a great offensive addition, but I seriously question his defensive record. We are talking about a guy who in six of his nine years as a head coach in New Orleans has had a defense ranked #23 or worse. This includes the last two seasons in which the NO defense has been ranked #31. As frustrating as our defense has been at times under MM, it has never been consistently as bad as Payton's defenses.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st 6 games all experts said he was mvp again

Thrn pkayed the Rams and he had the no int streakat home broken

Since then he has not pkayed like hinself

What ever happened that game hadnt been fixed

I see the origin of the problems a week earlier when we played against SF in week 4. Only put up 17 points after wrecking the Chiefs defense a week earlier. Weeks #1-#3 we averaged 32 points a game. Weeks #4-#17 its only 19.6. The offense didn't play particularly well against the Rams or Chargers the next two games and then it all bottomed out against the Broncos.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
... How many times did we see Vikings defenders just sitting there in lanes waiting for Packers Wrs to just run to them ? Because I honestly saw it the entire night. Rodgers best passing plays came off broken plays...again like they have all season.

Good post. I recall one play where our receiver literally run towards a DB who was just camped on the route. Our receiver ran until he actually bumped directly into the DB and stopped. Huh? Entire field of green grass and this guy runs into the DB and stops. When it happened, I thought, "wtf?"

And I do recall Collinsworth pointing out how the sandlot plays seemed to have the best chance of working. Run to daylight and let Rodgers toss you the ball. Not exactly something that should be relied upon as a game day strategy, but something that should cause one to pause and reflect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the origin of the problems a week earlier when we played against SF in week 4. Only put up 17 points after wrecking the Chiefs defense a week earlier. Weeks #1-#3 we averaged 32 points a game. Weeks #4-#17 its only 19.6. The offense didn't play particularly well against the Rams or Chargers the next two games and then it all bottomed out against the Broncos.
Sorry for my horrible spelling.. My God!

I do agree niners game was bad..

But you do recall experts saying he was mvp?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for my horrible spelling.. My God!

I do agree niners game was bad..

But you do recall experts saying he was mvp?

Yes I definitely recall that for at least the first six games. I even remember seeing a list of the top MVP candidates as late as week 10 or 11 where someone had Rodgers ranked #4, behind only Brady, Newton and Palmer.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best case IMO is that Rodgers' throwing shoulder was more injured than they said when it happened and still is. It shouldn't but it still surprises me when poster post things like he's not even trying or he has to take the off season seriously.

It wouldn't at all surprise me to learn Rodgers has or has had some degree of injury to his shoulder. His accuracy has been off and at times horrible. And we're talking about a guy who's accuracy in the past has been so lethal that we'd wonder what was wrong with him if he was off 3 inches on a pass.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I definitely recall that for at least the first six games. I even remember seeing a list of the top MVP candidates as late as week 10 or 11 where someone had Rodgers ranked #4, behind only Brady, Newton and Palmer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...closer-look-at-the-green-bay-packers-offense/

Rodgers’s yards per attemptover the past four weeks is 5.8, down drastically from the 8.1 average he had after the first six games

This is exactly my point

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has sustained some sort of injury, do you think we will ever know? Will it be disclosed in the off season? Or just kept secret forever? That Hail Mary and his jubilant reaction to the catch did not look like he was injured, but it could be something more subtle or chronic.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post. I recall one play where our receiver literally run towards a DB who was just camped on the route. Our receiver ran until he actually bumped directly into the DB and stopped. Huh? Entire field of green grass and this guy runs into the DB and stops. When it happened, I thought, "wtf?
That would be Davante Adams. He did it many times in that game and has been doing it all season. He doesn't look back towards the QB until he's already hugging the DB, and then he's not really looking for a pass but just to see what's going on elsewhere on the field. Clueless. Even if you know that the pass isn't coming your way, sell it so they don't know when it is coming your way.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing fans: Rodgers has been beaten to a pulp. It is very hard to be 100% accurate when you're a pulp.

Maybe we should total up the tonnage that Rodgers has been hit with this season. In a few of the games, Rodgers has been hit by three guys nearly simultaneously and drilled into the turf. Let's say that hits like that by DEs, DTs and LBs totaling, say, 800 lbs (and up) happen, say, 5 times a game.

Would that hurt? Realistically, a 320lb DT spearing you at full speed (which they seem to achieve in 2 seconds) might kill you. Add 2 DTs and a DE, and you get real pain. Would that hurt YOU?

I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I just finished a couple of books on the Battle of The Bulge. My combat interest is the WWII 82nd Airborne. They fought tanks with the smallest of arms and won. But they paid a terrible price. Their losses affected everyone. I love the way they fought for each other. There was no other unit quite like them. They did their best to defend each other.

So it is a problem to see MM, TT, Campen, put AR out there week-to-week and ignore that fact he's been getting his *** kicked for 8 years because the leaders do nothing to protect him. Bahktari is a joke and Bulaga a wimp. The backups look to be totally uncoached. There's no excuse for this at all. Every year but this one, the Badgers have better tackles than the Packers. There are FAs better than our tackles. But TT, MM and Campen seem to be fine with the tonnage that crushes Rodgers every game. Crushing tonnage like in the rang of 8 tons. Would that hurt YOU?

I note that MM is loyal to his coaches.

How about some loyalty to the QB? Bart Starr was once sacked 11 times by the Lions. Lombardi was outraged. It never happened again.

For the Bozos who want to blame Rodgers, think about being 2-14 without him.

Maybe 0-16.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To some of the folks in here saying bench Rodgers? Or trade him? Lol you guys can't be serious. Rodgers is the reason why the Packers are even in the playoffs...even if this current offense does stink. No other qb in the league could run for his life every other play and make the throws Rodgers can make. Not Cam, not Brady, not Manning...zilch. Yes he's missed some.. but it happens from time to time and no one completes 100%.

This is a down year for him I would never argue that but blame coaching and management for the bulk of it. lol so many times on Sunday night Collinsworth pointed out how the Vikings defense took away the crossing routes and patterns the Packers like to run and MM NEVER adjusted. In fact the guy has always stunk when it comes to making adjustments and The realist in here know I'm right. How many times did we see Vikings defenders just sitting there in lanes waiting for Packers Wrs to just run to them ? Because I honestly saw it the entire night. Rodgers best passing plays came off broken plays...again like they have all season. How was Cobb a non factor in another big game? Why not put him in the backfield and let him work the Vikings lbs? You kinda like what Turner tried to do with to ours..if Teddy was as accurate as Rodgers he would've thrown at least 3 tds all to his rbs because he actually has a guy who gets it calling the plays. That IHOP menu mccarthy calls a play sheet is just sad. It's got about 200 plays on it but he calls the same 10 plays haha. No creativity or anything. I'd pay to see Sean Payton coach this team and offense. If he got all that production out if noodle arm drew Bree's I can only imagine what he could do with Rodgers.
200 plays on the menu and another 400 in his book. Which ones are we good at?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The interception throw to JJ to at least tie the game. Unless my eyesight decieved me, John Kuhn was standing just inside the endzone about five yards from JJ and completely uncovered ???? I'm sorry but wth was Rodgers thinking ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interception throw to JJ to at least tie the game. Unless my eyesight decieved me, John Kuhn was standing just inside the endzone about five yards from JJ and completely uncovered ???? I'm sorry but wth was Rodgers thinking ?
I thought there was a linebacker right there underneath the route? I think it would have been tough to float it over him and get it to Kuhn so he could catch it. I think the throw to JJ was the right decision, just in the wrong spot. But I haven't seen a replay since the game, so take it for what it's worth

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I thought there was a linebacker right there underneath the route? I think it would have been tough to float it over him and get it to Kuhn so he could catch it. I think the throw to JJ was the right decision, just in the wrong spot. But I haven't seen a replay since the game, so take it for what it's worth

And its purely my view of it so my apology if I'm wrong about it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing fans: Rodgers has been beaten to a pulp. It is very hard to be 100% accurate when you're a pulp.

Maybe we should total up the tonnage that Rodgers has been hit with this season. In a few of the games, Rodgers has been hit by three guys nearly simultaneously and drilled into the turf. Let's say that hits like that by DEs, DTs and LBs totaling, say, 800 lbs (and up) happen, say, 5 times a game.

Would that hurt? Realistically, a 320lb DT spearing you at full speed (which they seem to achieve in 2 seconds) might kill you. Add 2 DTs and a DE, and you get real pain. Would that hurt YOU?

I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I just finished a couple of books on the Battle of The Bulge. My combat interest is the WWII 82nd Airborne. They fought tanks with the smallest of arms and won. But they paid a terrible price. Their losses affected everyone. I love the way they fought for each other. There was no other unit quite like them. They did their best to defend each other.

So it is a problem to see MM, TT, Campen, put AR out there week-to-week and ignore that fact he's been getting his *** kicked for 8 years because the leaders do nothing to protect him. Bahktari is a joke and Bulaga a wimp. The backups look to be totally uncoached. There's no excuse for this at all. Every year but this one, the Badgers have better tackles than the Packers. There are FAs better than our tackles. But TT, MM and Campen seem to be fine with the tonnage that crushes Rodgers every game. Crushing tonnage like in the rang of 8 tons. Would that hurt YOU?

I note that MM is loyal to his coaches.

How about some loyalty to the QB? Bart Starr was once sacked 11 times by the Lions. Lombardi was outraged. It never happened again.

For the Bozos who want to blame Rodgers, think about being 2-14 without him.

Maybe 0-16.

No one that I have seen has said Rodgers is 100% of the problem.

But you would have to be uneducated with the sport to think he isn't part of the problem.